REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 01-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
dustinb

Great deal on GPS

I just got this email this afternoon and ordered one. I've never seen a portable / in car GPS this cheap before... comes with ac/dc adapter for the car, window mount, and software... only $79.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/email/ca/e...ANEM1325-_-gps

Anyways, it's only on sale for 72 hours, and I thought other people might be interested in it.
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
I know more than a tricorder

And its an awesome GPS to boot, definitely picking one up for my road trip this summer.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Technology Information Auditor

!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Its a refurb, but still a good deal.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
B&S Sexy mod

i have that exact GPS, its not a bad unit (its no garmin nuvi) i paid like 140 for it a couple years ago?
stevo911_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Nice...I got a Nuvi 255 for Xmas and looooove it.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Island Mod

I got the Nuvi 255 as well for xmas

EDIT* I just checked and its actually the 260 if that makes any difference. Either way I like it so far

Last edited by projectcivic; 01-14-2009 at 07:33 AM.
projectcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectcivic View Post
I got the Nuvi 255 as well for xmas
how are you liking it?

at first I was kinda bummed 'cuz I wanted a widescreen (I didn't know I was getting one and I almost went out and bought a 255w/265w), but, I carry it with me so much that I'm really happy it's just the 3.5"...plus it blocks less of the road when mounted.

I picked up a hard case/screen protector/home charger adapter package at Future Shop for $20 on boxing day and just today I picked up a second charger (for the house) and second suction cup (for the lowrider) for $30 for both...

It's already helped me a bunch (especially for work) and I can't wait 'till my g/f and I go for our big roadtrip this summer
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
at first I was kinda bummed 'cuz I wanted a widescreen (I didn't know I was getting one and I almost went out and bought a 255w/265w), but, I carry it with me so much that I'm really happy it's just the 3.5"...
get lost around the house much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadzuki
I picked up a hard case/screen protector/home charger adapter package at Future Shop for $20 on boxing day and just today I picked up a second charger (for the house) and second suction cup (for the lowrider) for $30 for both...
two home chargers? either, these devices have batteries the size of your IQ OR you found a second use for them as butt plugs.
Your_Mother_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
how are you liking it?

at first I was kinda bummed 'cuz I wanted a widescreen (I didn't know I was getting one and I almost went out and bought a 255w/265w), but, I carry it with me so much that I'm really happy it's just the 3.5"...plus it blocks less of the road when mounted.

It's already helped me a bunch (especially for work) and I can't wait 'till my g/f and I go for our big roadtrip this summer
I picked up the same one on Boxing day. Been fairly impressed with it. I don't knwo how quick it's routes are because I am using it in a city that I have never been to before. When putting in an address it is great. When using the points of interest function it has lead me to dead ends, to apartments where a gas station should be etc. But i've been here(Ottawa) 4 days now and have been relying on the GPS. If I shut the thing off, guarenteed I will get lost Time to shut it off! haha
Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #11
Island Mod

I really like it so far. My gf's dad has had the exact same one for about 6 months and I have borrowed it a few times whenever I go out of town and found it great so they got me one for xmas so I would stop using his :P. I haven't tried anything else out to compare too but I find the nuvi easy to use. Battery life is pretty good I find but I don't use it other then in the car so I always have the plug in there if the battery gets low
Old 01-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
AJL
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i found it easier to get a dongle that pairs via bluetooth to my phone. Then I installed tomtom software on my phone and viola instant gps, all i need is my car keys and phone which i always have when i am out
AJL is offline   Reply With Quote