REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Found: Cheap and decent tailor

I was going to place this under Powerslide's thread, but since his talked more about a modern tailor, this one will go out for a tailor that does a good job in the basics at a cheap price.

He's hemmed my jeans and dress pants many times to almost full satisfaction. The great thing? he does it real cheap....$5 - 7 bucks for pant hem, $20 bucks to have your blazer taken in. If you are expecting top notch service, this may not be the place to go to since he'll spend a minute with you max. He'll have you wear it, he'll mark it up, and tell you when you can pick it up. I would've preferred to have my blazer a little more slim fitting, but he did a good job in making one that's traditional.

Location: Inside the Levi's store at Metrotown. Asian guy in the back near the fitting rooms.
Advertisement
ChiGGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I get my jeans done from that guy too. He's a got a contract with the store so if you buy your jeans from there you can get them hemmed for free.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

HAHA, wow, no one ever mentioned this place! How much is tappering jeans?

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,309 Posts
Oh, Robert inside the Levi's store. He's not bad. From what I heard, I grew up in Saigon, Vietnam and learned the methods of tailoring from the French when they were still in control of Vietnam. But that's just word on the street.

Nice guy. Likes his Starbucks Coffee and Chinese newspaper in the morning at the foodcourt.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
dru
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

He's definitely the cheapest person to go to for hemming jeans, etc. He does a decent regular hem, but if you want an original hem I would go elsewhere.

You're right when you say he only spends a minute with you max. Sometimes he tries to works too fast, which negatively effects the quality of his work.

Personally, I won't ever go back to Robert because he screwed up twice (in the same instance) when I was a customer. I dropped off two pants and was told to come back in 1 week. I wanted a regular hem, nothing fancy. I wasn't in a rush, so I decided I could wait. I went back a week later and I give him the slip of paper for my pants. He looks around and finds my pants under a pile of other pants. He realizes he forgot about them and tells me to come back tomorrow. I was busy so I tell him I'll be back in two days. Two days later I show up and I see my pants on the top of the pile, but he hasn't touched them yet! At this point, I'm fed up with waiting, and he says wait 10 minutes and he will do them for me now. Of course I wait because I don't want to make the trip again. In his haste, he does a horrible job hemming my pants but offers me a discount so I only have to pay for one of the pants. I've never been back since.

This is just my experience and I'm sure it was probably just one of those incidents. My friends have gone there for regular hem and the product isn't bad for the price.
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

wow i never knew that i always get them hemmed at the European place or the tailor in front of shoppers drugmart in metrotown

thanks for the tip
rocksforsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i dont know.....i went to him to do 3 pairs of jeans, but they all turned out with different lengths. I doubt i would ever go back there unless i was hemming sweats.

Im going to stick with Stitches International from now on. its defiantly worth the $15 there. Never had a problem for a good 5yrs from them.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote