REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #26
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Even if I don't mind that type of car.....my first impression for a first date won't be that great given that you already have the mindset of car > girl

Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 AM   #27
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
do you really rock neons under your car?
I sure as fuck do! Why?

Berz out.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
says a lot to me, ive dated girls (for short period of time). before even ever stepping foot into their apt's, id show up to their place, and we'd go out, either my car or hers...eventually we'd end up goin in her car (total shit box..sign 1) was bearable...had dinner, went INTO her apt...her apt was just as bad as her car...total shitbox....needless to say, i havnt talked to her since....i cant stand people that dont take care of their possesions or where they live.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

that's y u get something like a 3er. U can mod the hell outta it but it's still classy on a night out in downtown

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #30
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
i think the only turn off for a girl would be ear shattering mufflers
if u cant have a decent conversation or sleep in a car without being disturbed by the sound of a muffler, i think that's a major turn off for a girl

even me, if i sit in my buddys modded car with a loud ass exhaust, it's like god damn how the fuck can u even drive this thing and not go crazy?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I sure as fuck do! Why?

Berz out.
not to mean this offensively, cause i dont, but dont you ever feel like you're too old for stuff like that?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #32
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
says a lot to me, ive dated girls (for short period of time). before even ever stepping foot into their apt's, id show up to their place, and we'd go out, either my car or hers...eventually we'd end up goin in her car (total shit box..sign 1) was bearable...had dinner, went INTO her apt...her apt was just as bad as her car...total shitbox....needless to say, i havnt talked to her since....i cant stand people that dont take care of their possesions or where they live.
I also think that there is a large difference between living in a cheap place/having a cheap car and not taking care of it.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
I also think that there is a large difference between living in a cheap place/having a cheap car and not taking care of it.
Diddo.

There are plenty of folks who don't give a shit about thier cars, and just want to run it into the ground. I don't think that says anything about the person and how they treat other people.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmec View Post
Diddo.

There are plenty of folks who don't give a shit about thier cars, and just want to run it into the ground. I don't think that says anything about the person and how they treat other people.
yes, theres plenty of people who dont give a shit about what they drive, as long as it goes from point A to B, but, if someone dosnt care about where they live...i think that says a lot about them.. horrible carpets that are full of stains...furniture that your scared to sit on cause it looks like it'll fall apart...gotta have some sort of pride in what they own/live in
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #35
Ricer Mod

Quote:
not to mean this offensively, cause i dont, but dont you ever feel like you're too old for stuff like that?

What does age have to do with anything? Think about that logically. What should someone my "age" be doing with cars? I want to hear your honest opinion on this.

I would put serious money down that my car is faster than 95% of the cars on RS... is that ok for someone my age? lol Personal style is personal style regardless of age IMO.

Berz out.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:30 PM   #36
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
yes, theres plenty of people who dont give a shit about what they drive, as long as it goes from point A to B, but, if someone dosnt care about where they live...i think that says a lot about them.. horrible carpets that are full of stains...furniture that your scared to sit on cause it looks like it'll fall apart...gotta have some sort of pride in what they own/live in
hmm, what about those who aren't in the financial situation? they'd have to make due w/ 2nd hand or free furniture. obviously, they don't have a choice.

Quote:
Quote:
What does age have to do with anything? Think about that logically. What should someone my "age" be doing with cars? I want to hear your honest opinion on this.
I agree w/ Berzerker, passion has no price or age. Lots of old ppl are into car, just diff kinds (cars from their generation/youth).

Quote:
I would put serious money down that my car is faster than 95% of the cars on RS...
hmm, what you got under the hood of that Civic?

thanks for the insight guys. funny thing is, I was casually shopping around for a 2nd car before making this post and I was looking at more sport compact cars like Civic SiR and WRX
Old 01-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #37

Quote:

I would put serious money down that my car is faster than 95% of the cars on RS... is that ok for someone my age? lol Personal style is personal style regardless of age IMO.

Berz out.
too old to have it all boy racered out. i mean its probably faster then my car by neons, gills, lime green pearl and chromed 17's. I really dont want to come off as negative cause everyones got their own style and i get mad when people try to judge my car too, but for me I feel like after awhile things should get less loud. more function then form. I mean that thing must be a cop magnet. you could go fast without all the advertisements that it is fast.

with age you get more taste. thats what I meant. And I know you're going to take it the wrong way, but I'm saying again I dont mean that to be a diss to you, just that neons and chrome can look kinda tacky at times. if its you're track mule the rest makes sense but not the heavy wheels or lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
I agree w/ Berzerker, passion has no price or age. Lots of old ppl are into car, just diff kinds (cars from their generation/youth).

hmm, what you got under the hood of that Civic?
and i didnt mean that older people couldnt be into cars, just that they're usually not trying to be so flashy.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
I sure as fuck do! Why?

Berz out.
is it going to be in F&F4?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:51 PM   #39
Ricer Mod

Just a mildly built B with a small turbo Depending oh how things go at Mission I hope to up that %

Back on topic though as you can see my car isn't the classiest car on the street if your thinking about going out on a nice date. I sure as hell wouldn't let anyone Valet it and in fact even parking it is a problem alot of times (I'm paranoid as fuck). I've been known to run out of places to check on it if my alarm remote beeps at me. I have a shitbox that I drive around and beat on as a 2nd personal car but like I said we take my GF's car to just relax in.

Berz out.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #40

out with it. what size turbo?
Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #41
Ricer Mod

Build Thread on VCC

http://www.vancouvercivics.com/forum....php?tid=77891

Berz out.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #42
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminate View Post
I think girls view how you treat your car as a sign of how you would treat her. Keep it clean at the very least.
Not necessarily, IMO depends on the girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
my GF always says how i love my car more then her... so im pretty sure she hates my car.. but around xmas time when i couldnt drive my car because it was too low.. i saw her once a week through paying the cab... 40 dollars a night just to see each other... sure makes me reliaze that a relationship without 1 person able to drive is a hard relationship
My ex-girlfriend said I love/like the car more than her since I take good care of it, etc etc and all this other shit that I finally gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack101 View Post
if you can't hear what the girl is saying then that would be a problem... (loud exhaust)
Well, if you can't hear then you can't hear the problem then there is no problem.

Quote:
(I'm still going to turbo it though )

Berz out.
you crazy s.o.b!
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #43

Quote:
hmm, what about those who aren't in the financial situation? they'd have to make due w/ 2nd hand or free furniture. obviously, they don't have a choice.

if the girls wearing channel/D&G/versace....she can afford furniture...if she can afford to go buy shit loads of clothes, go clubbing, go out for dinners all the tiem...they can spend money in better places...im not goin into a relationship knowing ima have to be a "mommy" figure and clean their life up and get them on track.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #44
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
if the girls wearing channel/D&G/versace....she can afford furniture...if she can afford to go buy shit loads of clothes, go clubbing, go out for dinners all the tiem...they can spend money in better places...im not goin into a relationship knowing ima have to be a "mommy" figure and clean their life up and get them on track.
I'm sure for certain girls or maybe most of them, the money for their clothing, etc and stuff are from their parents.
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #45
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^^ I'm sure those girls also lives with their parents who take care of the place.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #46
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Get an Aston Martin and the girls will love you
ride98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #47
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

If you're with a girl who cares about what you drive then fuck her. Driving is a luxury not a necessity. I'll gladly drive around in a pos car instead of walking or taking transit. Different people have different priorities. Not everyone has money to drop on a "cool" ride. I'd rather have a nice place and drive a pos car then have a balling out car living in a shitwhole.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #48
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
I'd guarantee most girls would be more impressed if you drove a base model BMW over a civic with body kit and underglows.

Well, maybe the civic with body kit and underglows would impress the high school crowd more.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #49
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I think this topic is a lot simpler than everyone makes it out to be. In short, cars are a measure of one's status symbol.

So say if your demographic is the midteens. Any car = alpha.
Say if your demographic is the late teens/young adult. Sports/Tuner cars = alpha.
Say if your demographic is of the older crowd. It would be luxury or luxury-sports = alpha.

In terms of women, this only matters to women who's main criteria for an ideal mate is one's social status, which has correlation to ones financial status.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #50
RS controls my life!

from a guy perspective I find a car to represent one's self, thus if you're flashy and want to stand out then your car is sometimes a ricer, if you're subtle you have bone stock etc...

I think its the same way a girl looks at your car, not that they won't date u or go out with you but they see it as part of you...

i don't even know what the f i'm talking about...
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote