REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #101
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

*facepalm

m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #102
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

yeap, just trying to stir shit up.
I took another look at your car...you are right, it isn't just the underglow... it is the body kit, rims and paint. The whole package just doesn't work well together(well it works fine in F&F...but ugly as hell). Like you said yourself... your ride is riced to the max. And who likes rice? Young kids with no taste. But I like what you have done under the hood. I give you props for that.

Lets see the 64 Comet with underglow on... I'll let you know if your uncle needs to move on or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Your just trying to stir shit up and failing miserably. Your taste in cars does not make everyone else have to have your taste in cars. My car is built the way I like it and meant for show and for go. Doubt me? Come to the track. I could mod any car I want. I CHOOSE to mod a Honda because I like them. If my car didn't have underglow would it be Ok then or would you then say the Body Kit is ugly and then if it didn't have the kit you would say the Paint is ugly right? So what does that leave? A stock car? Oh wait your sense of styling is "clean" am I getting warm? What does a clean civic look like? Lemme guess OEM with OEM lip? Get a grip man. My uncle has a 64 Comet 1100whp on pump gas. He's been building the car for 25 years. He has underglow on it. Is he to old and does he need to move on?

I think your trying to stir the pot and without putting forth a real argument other than your pathetic opinion. So please continue to show everyone on RS what a douche you are and how closed and simple minded you are.

Berz out.

Last edited by SuperSlowSS; 01-19-2009 at 11:11 AM.
SuperSlowSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #103
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Last edited by Care; 09-08-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #104
My homepage has been set to RS

dun dun don don dun duuuuuuun
Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #105
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
but it probably isnt super loud, super stiff suspension and have colourful rims on it or does it???
Nah almost stock. Only header and exhaust.
poweredbyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #106
Banned (ABWS)

Cars are overrated, show up in a helicopter.
kc1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #107
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^^If you do that, then I know you have a really small penis to impress girls like that. :P
poweredbyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #108
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Thanks its fun knowing that everyone else in their "sports" cars (porsche viper Vette etc) would get their asses handed to them by a "ricer" in a civic.

As Dom would say... "Your gonna need more than that Crotch Rocket" haha

Berz out.
How so? You can't break 0-60 in under 6 seconds, with street tires...and most RWD/AWD sports cars are already under 6 secs.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
why would "chicks dig it"
its not shit compared to ferraris and lambos
see b-dub i learn fast =D
Did I mention how good looking I am?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dub View Post
HA! Au contraire.

Marco just demonstrated my points perfectly. As he moved up and became more mature, so did his cars which attracted a different crowd of ladies.

Girls in HS digged his VW that was 'modded'

Then he got the P-Car to impress a different crowd

and finally the BMW, well he got that cuz i'm assuming the car is in asia where it gets taxed heavy (from previous pics he has shown of the 3er)
Actually I still own my Lexus, Porsche and BMW. I never sell my babies!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #111
Need to Seek Professional Help

girls like the sound of my V8
Old 01-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #112
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Actually I still own my Lexus, Porsche and BMW. I never sell my babies!
I didn't think you sold them.

My first car was the SC400. To this day, I still miss it. The car had a sentimental value for me. Cars come and go but that car will always be in the back of my head. You seem to be the type that likes to keep his cars, i'm the opposite, I like to upgrade my garage with whatever is new on the market.

PS, if you ever decide to sell the SC let me know, i'm assuming its in very good condition?!
b-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #113

70K km, garage kept, no accidents, mint. Jade green, grey interior.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #114
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

back when I had the 01 S4, black , slammed, eyebrows. Thats all it took to impress all girls, every girl when I pull into the parking lot. Especially when I had to go super slow and angled through the speed bumps bumping Summer time w/ Nate dogg. Damn I miss the old high school days. People always asked, do you ever regret dicking around in high school, I don't regret one bit.
ride98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #115
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

thanks for all the input guys. just to make things clear, I don't drive a visually flashy car. I don't have a bodykit or neon lighting or anything like that. like I mentioned before, the two main factors on my car is the stiff ride, and loud ass exhaust. a third factor might be the fact that I am driving around a 20+ year old corolla. it's not a car that any normal girl would recognize or can associate with.

wyattH: it seems like the convertible thing makes any girl go ga-ga. over the summer, I had imported in an MR-S. all my lady friends loved it. some chick I was seeing at the time loved it to death but was saddened when I had sold it. she was constantly comparing my corolla to the MR2.

Alatar: is your 2000 impreza a 2.5RS? is it modified? I was thinking of buying one pre-modified. I guess I like my cars too much to change!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #116
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
I sure as fuck do! Why?

Berz out.
You know, aside from the underglow, I think it's a really nice looking car. And hey, at least the glow matches the car! not like some of the civics I've seen lately that are Lime green and have bright red glow (I'm sorry but no one will ever convince me that red and green go together on cars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
thanks for all the input guys. just to make things clear, I don't drive a visually flashy car. I don't have a bodykit or neon lighting or anything like that. like I mentioned before, the two main factors on my car is the stiff ride, and loud ass exhaust. a third factor might be the fact that I am driving around a 20+ year old corolla. it's not a car that any normal girl would recognize or can associate with.
what kind of exhaust
Old 01-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #118
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
What does age have to do with anything? Think about that logically. What should someone my "age" be doing with cars? I want to hear your honest opinion on this.

I would put serious money down that my car is faster than 95% of the cars on RS... is that ok for someone my age? lol Personal style is personal style regardless of age IMO.

Berz out.
WHAT?! The body kit on that thing looks ugly as hell. I would not be caught driving something like that

Faster than 95% of RS?

Any car in the 40k range can go in the low to mid 5's 0-60, I question if berz civic can do that.

I would take Supafly's civic over berz any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
70K km, garage kept, no accidents, mint. Jade green, grey interior.
I had a red one, IMO the jade green wasn't the best color choice. Did you have any problems with the power steering reservoir yet?

What year? I remember the SC has a kick ass audio system (Nakimichi) for a stock car that was 15 years old. IIRC, it has a 8inch sub and if you mess around with the settings you can get crazy ass bass.

Are you ever going to sell that thing? Do what I did, supercharge the bad boy.
b-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 AM   #119
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
what kind of exhaust
exhaust setup runs like this: hi-flo cat straight to N1 muffler
Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #120

Jade green is a kick ass color because it looks black at night. The factory paint isn't water-based so it doesn't suffer from orange peel. The car has always been hand washed.

It's a 92, fully loaded. Everything on it is original and I've never had a problem with it in the last 10 years. Everything works too. Incredible.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #121
oh you just look so big

I've gotten some of my hottest/best girlfriends (including my current one, whom I've been dating for 1.5+ years) while driving some of my crappiest cars (sub-$1,000 beaters, some of them under $200 )...any girl who cared about what I drove I wouldn't date anyways lol
B4N M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #122
I am Hook'd on RS

I have a corolla and accord as some of my cars, and I always use these examples, to test out girls to make sure they are real. I would never tell them I had nicer cars until much later in the relationship, it's a little game I like to play, called, find the golddigger.
bmwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #123
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
^^^ Both you guys hit the nail on the head... If a girl likes or dislikes you for your car... there is something wrong with the girl. If you like the girl because she likes your car.. there is something wrong with you. Too $hort had a great line... She ain't trippin' on you, she want's to fuck your car.

Berz out.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #124
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwman View Post
I have a corolla and accord as some of my cars, and I always use these examples, to test out girls to make sure they are real. I would never tell them I had nicer cars until much later in the relationship, it's a little game I like to play, called, find the golddigger.
Werd, that's the way I play as well. When I'm with a new chick, I always downplay everything. It's always fun for her and me when she discovers everything herself that everything she has counted on is now magnified, and any shortcomings are things she expected, dealt with and come to terms with.

In general, girls aren't stupid anyways (well the ones I like to keep company with), so its not like downplaying puts one at a disadvantage. Most girls can tell when a guy is upselling himself more than he's actually worth.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #125

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
^ I agree with you guys about trying to "uncover" the gold diggers, I like your ability to not show off....but, I hate to tell you guys........90% of all "hot", I stress hot chicks are gold diggers.....some are blantant bitches about it and some are sublte as hell....but they all care about a guy having dough. That's the price to live in Vancouver... there will always be a less attractive guy willing to spend whatever it takes to have an attractive arm piece
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote