REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Ear piercing - need help (https://www.revscene.net/forums/561587-ear-piercing-need-help.html)

boss604 01-21-2009 10:57 PM

Ear piercing - need help

i got my ear pierced for like 3 and a half weeks now
is it okay to change it now ? it doesnt hurt and its never red or anything

3xta 01-21-2009 10:59 PM

lobe or cartilage?

If its lobe, you can change it in like a week lol

$_$ 01-21-2009 11:02 PM

everyone is different. my suggsetion is always to keep it in for a while, but if like 3xta said, i its lobe than it shouldnt be a big problem after 3 weeks. the thicker the lobe, the longer it should be to heal.

Berzerker 01-21-2009 11:30 PM

When I got my first ear piercing... I waited the recommended time. When I got the other hole I went home and put in a hoop right away. When I got the 3rd one... I did it myself.

I found that having a hoop helped it heal a lot faster. I would soak my earlobe in a cap full of peroxide and then turn the hoop through to get the peroxide inside the hole. Healed really fast that way.

Berz out.

$_$ 01-22-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6238828)
When I got my first ear piercing... I waited the recommended time. When I got the other hole I went home and put in a hoop right away. When I got the 3rd one... I did it myself.

I found that having a hoop helped it heal a lot faster. I would soak my earlobe in a cap full of peroxide and then turn the hoop through to get the peroxide inside the hole. Healed really fast that way.

Berz out.

you really shouldnt put too much peroxide inside while its trying to heal, if i rmb my pierciers word correctly.

rememer kids, when in doubt, ask the pros, not the peeps @ revscene :)

not trying to down your post in any way berz, just trying to keep people safe

iam_dan 01-22-2009 01:24 AM

my friend changed his right away when he got home, the day of.

i think.. you are fine to change it as long as you clean and disinfect properly. thats all you need to watch out for. you shouldnt have any problems on your third week though.

shawn79 01-22-2009 01:51 AM

if ur boss, shouldnt u have one like few yrs ago?

3xta 01-22-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 6239010)

hes like 14 years old :haha:

Sodium 01-22-2009 03:51 PM

And be careful of what kinda ring you change into too....cheapy ones are never good especially if it's still an open wound....

Graeme S 01-22-2009 03:54 PM

if you're worried, leave it for 2 months or so, then do it. Definitely DON'T take your piercing out and leave it out if you want it to heal.

kanachan 01-22-2009 04:05 PM

If you want you can change it, but just remember to keep the replacement earring in for quite some time. Even if it isn't red or hurting or whatever, leaving the earring in (only take it out to sanitize/clean) will make sure that the hole will remain.

When I had my lobes pierced, after 7 months, I took my studs out to sleep one night and one side decided to heal partially overnight. Had to have it re-pierced and then stretched to a 4 gauge eyelet.

PS: Make sure you're not allergic to nickel. A lot of cheap/costume jewelry have nickel in it.

bbbj 01-22-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawn79 (Post 6239010)

All the biggest bosses and g's i've seen don't have ear piercings =)

bomberben69 01-22-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanachan (Post 6239649)
If you want you can change it, but just remember to keep the replacement earring in for quite some time. Even if it isn't red or hurting or whatever, leaving the earring in (only take it out to sanitize/clean) will make sure that the hole will remain.

When I had my lobes pierced, after 7 months, I took my studs out to sleep one night and one side decided to heal partially overnight. Had to have it re-pierced and then stretched to a 4 gauge eyelet.

PS: Make sure you're not allergic to nickel. A lot of cheap/costume jewelry have nickel in it.

holy crap after 7 months it healed in one night?
god must hate you

3xta 01-23-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomberben69 (Post 6240215)
holy crap after 7 months it healed in one night?
god must hate you

or love you LOL

Overseas Auto1 01-23-2009 08:23 AM

keep cleaning it with that special stuff. But do not take it out for another 3 weeks. Thats what I did. After a while you forget about that it is there. Its the other people that notice.

!Yaminashi 01-23-2009 09:56 AM

I remember when I got my first ear piercing I tried to put in a new stud after like 3 weeks and that hurt a bit, and my ear didnt agree with that

Overall it took mine about 5 months to heal properly cause I kept fucking around with it

kitsune 01-23-2009 10:15 AM

As long as the earring you're switching into is of good quality.. gold.. stainless steel..
It should be fine. Remember to wash your hands thoroughly beforehand. :p
If it's not urgent and you're not DYING to switch.. I'd just leave it as is..
My first piercing took forever to heal because I played around with it too early. >_<
Where's the piercing? If it's the cartilage.. then I suggest to leave it alone.. you might get infected and get those.. keloids or whatnot.

LC21 01-26-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbj (Post 6239693)
All the biggest bosses and g's i've seen don't have ear piercings =)

Businessmen are the real G's.

Anyway, the waiting time is about 6weeks?
Can you take it off for a couple hours-day and then put it back on, there won't be any side effects?

racerman88 02-08-2009 08:20 PM

just make sure you have rubbing alcohol to disinfect the area and the ear rings