REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbj View Post
Esteban @ Harry Rosen Oakridge always helps me when I go.. theres this russian lady helped me a few times when hes not there, good service, but they got weird taste in clothing.. I remember Esteban handed me some ugly as fuck D&G jackets and sweaters.
have to agree. esteban tried to sell me an ugly as hell hugo boss leather jacket that was like $1500.
Advertisement
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #27
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post

But that's just my take on it. I'm sure people like Marco911 would scoff off my input just because.
If you don't love yourself, nobody will love you. Self-esteem pwns you.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #28
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Esteban @ Harry Rosen Oakridge always helps me when I go.. theres this russian lady helped me a few times when hes not there, good service, but they got weird taste in clothing.. I remember Esteban handed me some ugly as fuck D&G jackets and sweaters.
Lol, that's the dude that use to help me out. He left Harry's for Leone's.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #29
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
Lol, that's the dude that use to help me out. He left Harry's for Leone's.
Do you shop at Leone's with him too? Maybe I should go there to see what he has to offer..
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #30
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassanova View Post
Totally agree with this.

Although I think 3xta was talking about people who dress up just to go shopping, in order to make it look like they're designer (and they're the ones who think A/X and D&G are just as good as signature Armani line and Dolce & Gabanna) when they aren't. Ie the girls who make sure to come into holts with their flamboyant lettered LV and Coach bags.
Yes, that is what I meant. Marco911 has a good point as well, never thought of it that way.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #31
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

The worst guy is that thin asian guy who wears glasses and has bronzer on (sometimes). I've seen him working at both PC harry rosen, and holt renfrew. He is a totally idiot with bad customer service.

A lot of the people who work in the Oakridge harry rosen don't want to help you if they think you won't buy anything.

Edmond from holt renfrew gives the best service, and has the best advice.
86er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:39 AM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

good thread goood thread..we need to keep it up..any other bad shopping experiences?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:47 AM   #33
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Do you shop at Leone's with him too? Maybe I should go there to see what he has to offer..

Nope but I'm hoping to make a trip out to Leone's sometime this month to check out their new stock.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #34
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i don't know about you guys but the last few times i bought from holt renfrew, the service was good. i remember one skinny vietnamese guy that helped me out twice
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #35
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Since there's honourable mention of Leone, any recommendations on which salesperson to see?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #36
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86er View Post
The worst guy is that thin asian guy who wears glasses and has bronzer on (sometimes). I've seen him working at both PC harry rosen, and holt renfrew. He is a totally idiot with bad customer service.
is that the guy that also wears eye makeup?
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #37
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Theres also a chinese guy that has helped me at Holt the last couple times I went there. He's pretty skinny and has the honger chicken hair. Looks kind of gay but not fully.
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #38
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Since there's honourable mention of Leone, any recommendations on which salesperson to see?
The same asian guy (with the glasses and bronzer) from holt renfrew used to work at Leone. I told him i was looking for a particular burberry vest. He told me to go shop downstairs at L2 (where they had the "lower end" stuff).
86er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Thank you! You're welcome!

Honestly, I've only ever bought from Michael Smith like, twice out of the 4 years I"ve been going there. I haven't bought from him in over 2 years only because nothing at Harry Rosen catches my eye. Michael's still very nice and always willing to chat. I remember walking in there the first time looking like a total chump. Helped me find a blazer and two shirts, measured, explained, and did the follow-up.

To me, that is service. Explaining to me what I'm buying and what I should look for. Educating the customer is important and that's what Michael Smith does. The same goes with Farhad at Holt Renfrew. He'll personally call me on my cell to tip me in on upcoming sales and to hold off on a particular item I'm looking to buy. He'll even put it away for me.

I personally believe that overall, those of you who have had bad encounters at either stores have to loosen up a little and not to over-think things. Just because a sales person doesn't come up to you to ask how you're doing or if you need help doesn't mean they hate your guts. I'm sure if you made the attempt to ask, it'd be worthwhile to see how far they're willing to go for you and see if you can build a mutual relationship so the next time you go back, they'll help you.

But that's just my take on it. I'm sure people like Marco911 would scoff off my input just because.
Yea michael is the shit
Bought two suites from him
trduhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
I always find that I have the most consistant service in Harry Rosen. I remember when I was in Harry Rosen in the west eddy mall to pacific center, I get top notch service.

You gotta remember people are people and everoyne is not going to be 100% everyday. I have to deal with people (especially intoxicated people) and 99% of the time im happy but if im in a bad mood I really don't go above and beyond that my job requires.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #41
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Thank you! You're welcome!

Honestly, I've only ever bought from Michael Smith like, twice out of the 4 years I"ve been going there. I haven't bought from him in over 2 years only because nothing at Harry Rosen catches my eye. Michael's still very nice and always willing to chat. I remember walking in there the first time looking like a total chump. Helped me find a blazer and two shirts, measured, explained, and did the follow-up.

To me, that is service. Explaining to me what I'm buying and what I should look for. Educating the customer is important and that's what Michael Smith does. The same goes with Farhad at Holt Renfrew. He'll personally call me on my cell to tip me in on upcoming sales and to hold off on a particular item I'm looking to buy. He'll even put it away for me.

I personally believe that overall, those of you who have had bad encounters at either stores have to loosen up a little and not to over-think things. Just because a sales person doesn't come up to you to ask how you're doing or if you need help doesn't mean they hate your guts. I'm sure if you made the attempt to ask, it'd be worthwhile to see how far they're willing to go for you and see if you can build a mutual relationship so the next time you go back, they'll help you.

I hear ya but for me personally my hate for Holts service is not for a lack of trying. There have been times where I asked for help only to recieve attitude and in one case he told me to look for it myself. in the mens department downstairs there's is this really tall guy older man with glasses who I absolutely hate his guts because he was unwilling to help even when asked and told me to go find the jeans myself. Good job buddy.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #42
RS Veteran

^
I know who you're talking about. He's a fucker.

There's a white guy with glasses, bigger fellow and dresses pretty cool. Forgot his name but super outgoing, helpful and friendly!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 01-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #43
HELP ME PLS!!!

There are these two asian guys that work at the mens department downstairs at holts and their both pretty helpful.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #44
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Just a question, when you guys have bad service such as this tall guy at Holts, why the fuck don't you guys say something. If I took shit from someone in a case like that i'd tell him in front of some customers that he's a terrible sales person.

Unless you guys do..then good for you..and stories would be nice.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #45
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
Just a question, when you guys have bad service such as this tall guy at Holts, why the fuck don't you guys say something. If I took shit from someone in a case like that i'd tell him in front of some customers that he's a terrible sales person.

Unless you guys do..then good for you..and stories would be nice.
Sometimes I do but you have to understand that at Holts for the most part even if you did say something it wouldn't matter cause nobody would care. Their standards there from the Manager down are so low it surprises me at times. i know a few people who work there and their managers gave them the exact same attitude when a question is asked.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #46
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

excellent service at the Oakridge location, at least from my experience there

the General Manager, Roberto saw me browsing around for a suit so he came around and helped me out. He got me trying on a couple suits, got me fitted and all, explained all the details and I ended up buying a Boss suit
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #47
I am on the internets

oakridge is great!

taht or mark james - excellent service. always buy shit from them, more than harry actually.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:53 AM   #48
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

any other bad shopping experiences guys? No one has said anything about boys co in this thread (mostly Holts..) what do u guys think of the styles they carry and service they have there?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:49 AM   #49
RS Veteran

There's a dedicated thread on Boys Co. so you can do a search to find a more thorough answer.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:39 AM   #50
HELP ME PLS!!!

everyone knows boys co is shitty ass service