REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Tow Truck Driver damaged the car, are they responsible?

I witness this at one of the local colleges today.

The parking attendant called in a tow truck to tow a E92 328i who bought the wrong ticket. ( he bought a day pass but parked it at some meter parking spot. )

Anyways, I was wondering, when I actually witnessed a tow truck when towing a car, the car was scratching along the road or hit the curb, etc.

Would the tow truck driver be responsible for the damage?

Anyone had similar experience??

P.S. It was not my car, but I felt like it's a hit-and-run.
Advertisement
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

They are techincally resposnible, but usually you gotta sue them if they're being jerks.

Coquitlam towing fucked my car large after my accident in september, it was all front end damage, but there was a hulk fist sized dent in the rear from nothing... that and lots of things were bent and kinda outta place, as if it was opened and jumped in and out of.

That being said, if you VOLUNTARILY get your car towed, (as was the story with our STi) they will willingly pay people back if the tow damages your vehicle
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #3
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
should have got these guys to come and get it

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5I5OFvtrK40&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5I5OFvtrK40&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

if that was your car, wouldn't you want a witness??
no driver is offline   Reply With Quote