REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Our House Sucks (https://www.revscene.net/forums/561786-our-house-sucks.html)

girlcrazy_420 01-23-2009 04:17 PM

Our House Sucks

We've been without water going on 3 days now as our pipes in our house have frozen solid. Our landlord insisted on cranking the heat but now he isnt answering his phone when we call. He said there is nothing that can be done but wait untill warmer weather... 2ndly our septic field is full and it is oozing out and across our driveway... about 30ft in length of this shit. He also it not willing to empty the tank since the 2 houses on the property will be getting torn down next fall for construction.

So, we've found a new place to move to... but we're on a contract and dont want to lose our damage deposit. There is also another 9 days or so untill the end of the month and we've got no water. What to do?? The Tenancy offices are closed till monday and we cant shower... and subtracting motel use etc off of next month dosnt apply as we no longer want to live here. This is the 2nd time our pipes have frozen since winter started.

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-23-2009 07:10 PM

for showering for now go to a friends house or community center (pool or something).

phatpower 01-23-2009 08:03 PM

call the tendency act to see were you sit before you go any were and tell them to send some one out to look at if they can send them.

Noir 01-23-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatpower (Post 6242072)
call the tendency act

:lol

girlcrazy_420 01-24-2009 07:20 AM

Uber gay... the wife dosnt like shitting ontop of 4 piles of shit. HA! I wonder if I can somehow get back my months rent.

johny 01-24-2009 11:51 AM

I hope all you stuff is in water proof bags... good chance the pipes are now cracked. and as soon as the ice melts, the pipes will be leaking in the house....

murd0c 01-24-2009 12:10 PM

take pics doccument it all and move. He can't come after you with the evidence you will have

girlcrazy_420 01-24-2009 01:09 PM

Dosnt look like much, but this is our driveway. It is slushy SHIT run off from our septic field. I dont think it should be like this... and it fucking STINKS but once again our landlord told us that we get to deal with it untill the contract is up. There are literally chunks of poo in there.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/IMG00337.jpg

skyxx 01-24-2009 01:19 PM

That's is disgusting....

Vansterdam 01-24-2009 03:45 PM

that totally blows, i can feel your pain for the cold down here, outside is horrible

quasi 01-24-2009 03:53 PM

Judge Judy, take pictures and notes with dates and she will own your landlord on national TV. I've seen people from the lower mainland on there before so your GTG, DO IT!

racerman88 01-24-2009 04:17 PM

as a renter, you have a lot of rights. The tenants association can help you out regarding these essential things that everybody should have. Just be prepared for a bit of a fight though with your landlord. Document everything and take pictures.

!Tigger 01-26-2009 05:14 PM

phone ctv!!

girlcrazy_420 01-26-2009 06:38 PM

Talked to interior health and the tenancy board today. I was told that even under the current circumstances of no water... I still MUST give one months notice. Come the 1st of the month, i still MUST pay rent or he can go to arbitration and get it thru the courts if I refuse to pay. Even tho him and I talk on a daily basis, there is nothing in writing that I have complained about the situation. Looks like I'm going to get fucked over on this one as we're just going to leave. Week and a half of no water and no compensation, and we most likely will not be getting our damage deposit back as we're breaking the rental agreement. It says in the agreement under Landlord convenents that he is to keep our house to safe and healthy standards... even tho he has broken his part of the contract I was told I still can not leave early. Fuck this shit about tenants having more rights...

johny 01-26-2009 06:48 PM

get a bucket, fill it with crap from the driveway. write you next months check. put it in a zip lock bag with a few rocks. put in bucket. when he comes for the check on the first, hand him the bucket, and tell him it's inside.

alex.w *// 01-26-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbone (Post 6246897)
phone ctv!!

phone global bc, city tv, cbc etc

girlcrazy_420 01-26-2009 08:05 PM

Went and talked to him. Lease is over but we dont get damage deposit.

FiveDime 01-26-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 (Post 6247274)
Went and talked to him. Lease is over but we dont get damage deposit.

Well if your not getting the deposit back, might aswell smash a few holes in the wall. Get your moneys worth through venting frustration

girlcrazy_420 01-27-2009 01:08 PM

Humerous that after we tell him that we're moving out things start to work again. I came home and our landlord was standing in our kitchen... I wasnt impressed. But he starts to mumble that the water is turned on again and that our pipes where frozen but not from us. The nabors took the heating blanket off the main connection and it froze at the main house on the property. Go figure... Meanwhile we're almost packed and dont want to un-pack.

johny 01-27-2009 08:53 PM

$10 says he's doing it all on purpose to get you out. doesn't he want to smash them all down? I bet he starts as soon as you leave. he'll be happy you're out early.

6793026 01-28-2009 02:38 PM

he did that so the pipes won't freeze.
it is his responsibilities to maintain it.
Yes you have to give him enough notice and you can't leave.
what you can do is this.
1) tell him you won't pay rent. He can go to tenancy court and go thru it. it takes 2 mths to even get a court date. and the worse he can do is to pay 50 bucks additional for processing fee / interest.
2) tell him if your pipes BURST and floods your apartment, you will be calling in the MOST expensive plumber as this is an EMERGENCY and you weren't there. He willl have to pay for the bills or you can DEDUCT it from rent as this is a 'reasonable' emergency matter.
keep your bills. he can fight you in court for that.
3) Inform him and keep records. If this happens again, you will call a plumber EACH time and you will continue to NOT pay full rent. He can go and sue you thru tenancy court.

nipples 02-03-2009 09:19 PM

do NOT withhold rent!!

your options are this:
call 3 places for estimates (hourly rate + inspection). tell the lowest one to come in. even if it's only off by a dollar.
while the repair guy is there, call your landlord 3x and on speaker phone (get one that is bonded and insured).

get the work done and deduct the bill from the rent. make certain to inform your landlord of this.

You are obligated to call your landlord 3x prior to having any emergency repairs done. You must also go with the lowest quoted price. You are also required to inform your landlord that you will be subtracting the repair costs from the rent.

Make sure to get the contact number of the repair man and be nice to him. he'll be your friend in rental court if it goes there.

nipples 02-03-2009 09:27 PM

^nvm you're moving out.

girlcrazy_420 02-04-2009 09:50 PM

We moved out, first post back with internet. Him and I got into a verbal arguement today as he's withholding it. Wife and I Did a miraculous clean, cleaner than when we first moved in (minus stains on the carpet) But somehow I guess he always has his wife clean at $100/hr and he'll need 2hours more cleaning and subtracted $50 for a broken door than bitched at me that the nabours dog got into the garbage (at the curb for garbage day) and destroyed it. Said I had to come to pick it up... I no longer live in the same town so I refused.

Dragon-88 02-05-2009 01:10 PM

Time to stick the neighbours hose in the mailbox slot...