REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-27-2009, 01:02 PM   #51
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
on a side note, anyone that knows me and knows who i'm talking about, please keep it to yourselves.
i know some of u will read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.

Last edited by TOPEC; 01-27-2009 at 01:07 PM.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
he's no bro.
and I think you should stop referring to him as one.
i understand the no bro part, it's over, i'm totally ignoring him now.
but i dont understand u talking about stop referring to him as one.?

oh a side note, i found out that he did not feel guilty AT ALL until he got busted. i can't believe how people can say something in front of u, and do the total of opposite when u turn ur back against them. i realized there are sooo many fucking 2 faced people in this world.

lesson, never ever trust ANYONE fully, no matter how close u r to them, they can ALWAYS backstab u without knowing.
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp View Post
That actually DID happen to some of my friends. He got fucked over for backstabbing someone months earlier. He deserves it I guess.
mind sharing what happened to him?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #54
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
i understand the no bro part, it's over, i'm totally ignoring him now.
but i dont understand u talking about stop referring to him as one.?

oh a side note, i found out that he did not feel guilty AT ALL until he got busted. i can't believe how people can say something in front of u, and do the total of opposite when u turn ur back against them. i realized there are sooo many fucking 2 faced people in this world.

lesson, never ever trust ANYONE fully, no matter how close u r to them, they can ALWAYS backstab u without knowing.
I meant,
you said it was your version of "bros before hoes"
and it clearly wasn't that because he's a dick.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #55
ah_some

to the OP: glad things got sorted out!

to RX: obviously he didn't think of you as a bro in the first place.
so what's the deal w/ you two now?

CoLoRs member #19 [The Enforcer, you maggots!]
RSB #6

ah_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #56

i just totally ignored guy 2 now, i try to stay away from him, but since we share the same close friends, i still see him from time to time, but i dont say a word to him at all, i take it as he doesnt exist. as for girl 2, well i just totally gave up on her now finding out how much of a fool i was for the past years.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
I meant,
you said it was your version of "bros before hoes"
and it clearly wasn't that because he's a dick.
well the thing is, i treated him as a bro before and he treated me as a bro too, well at least in front of me he pretended to. through out the year, my instincts told me there was something going on between guy 2 and girl 2, but i never had proof, and i kept on tlaking to guy 2 abt it, and he swore to me that there was nothing going on inbetween guy 2 and girl 2, so i had his word, and i trusted him cause we WERE bros back then, i thought he had my back, but little did i know all the shit that was going on behind my back
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #58
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
C has no interest in A, so A should let B and C do their thing.

dont into buddys to girls unless they are officially your gf.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #59
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
even though A met C first, that clearly entitles A "dibs" on C. with C showing interest in B, B is not allowed to pursue without A's consent. with this consent, B must now owe a favor to A, such as wingman or introduce A to D and hope for the best!
It's all about the DIBS. But as soon as 'A' realizes that he has no chance and that C is into B, it is the honorable thing to release the dibs.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:07 AM   #60
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by death_blossom View Post
It's all about the DIBS.
There's no such thing as dibs. A girl has every right to choose whomever she wants to be with. If a guy can't accept that, and would rather not let anyone be happy because he cannot be happy himself, well, that's what we call a drama queen . And they're usually the cockblocking haters too because of their inability get some.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
It's all about the DIBS. But as soon as 'A' realizes that he has no chance and that C is into B, it is the honorable thing to release the dibs.
it still has to be released. its not an auto-up for grabs
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #62
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
There's no such thing as dibs. A girl has every right to choose whomever she wants to be with. If a guy can't accept that, and would rather not let anyone be happy because he cannot be happy himself, well, that's what we call a drama queen . And they're usually the cockblocking haters too because of their inability get some.
yes, a girl does have every right to choose. however, the code amongst men is that once DIBS is called, your "bros" must respect it and allow the caller of dibs to get first shot at the girl. in this situation, I guess you can say the dibs fizzled out since she is into mr.B.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #63
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
your post goes very well with your current status. Noir is the RS slut. by the way i'm only kidding, sort of.

men have to respect their fellow brothers. respect can be showed in many ways, one way is respecting the dibs. the other is working it out like two decent gentlemen, if one bro calls dibs but has the inability to conquer the woman, he must then give up the dibs and let another fellow brother have a try at it (the fellow brother with the most chance).
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #64
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
I must also emphasize the fact that men must respect one another, because that is how we built the world from mud and stones to the skyscrapers you see today. Women on the other hand, couldn't built a mcdonalds happy meal toy set from the 1980's if they were to be forced to work together (which by the way was designed by a man). It's simple really, women don't respect one another.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-28-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #65

Quote:
yes, a girl does have every right to choose. however, the code amongst men is that once DIBS is called, your "bros" must respect it and allow the caller of dibs to get first shot at the girl. in this situation, I guess you can say the dibs fizzled out since she is into mr.B.
Quote:
your post goes very well with your current status. Noir is the RS slut. by the way i'm only kidding, sort of.
(It's all good)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
it still has to be released. its not an auto-up for grabs
There's no such thing as a code. It's just a farce of a belief people put in place who otherwise cannot survive in a Darwinistic world, which means: "only the strong survive". This is true not only in social respects, but professional and economical as well so I don't see what's the big deal. Sure, respect is ideal, but that's more of a guideline. It's like the moral standard of any westernized civilization. It's only followed to convenience, other than that, fuck it.

Thirdly, a release is not necessary when there was no rights to begin with. It's just a matter of courtesy, but that's all it is, a courtesy. Which unless you can't achieve anything on your own without the reliance of the courtesy of others, then I'd say you have other bigger problems. I speak from experience. People shouldn't take it personal when that's the nature of life. You win some, you lose some. It's just the idea is that you try to win more than you lose. So you see, everyone loses at one point or another, so why cry foul when its your turn? Unless the guy in question is p*ssy.

Continuing to speak on rights, let me go at this at another angle too. Say there's a group of girls, majority of them hot, 1 of them fugly. What if a number of those hot girls want a piece of you but cannot because the fugly one called dibs. Will you allow Ms. Fugly the right of control & limitation of your social progress?

Last edited by Noir; 01-28-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #66
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
I must also emphasize the fact that men must respect one another, because that is how we built the world from mud and stones to the skyscrapers you see today. Women on the other hand, couldn't built a mcdonalds happy meal toy set from the 1980's if they were to be forced to work together (which by the way was designed by a man). It's simple really, women don't respect one another.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #67

Quote:
(It's all good)

There's no such thing as a code. It's just a farce of a belief people put in place who otherwise cannot survive in a Darwinistic world, which means: "only the strong survive". This is true not only in social respects, but professional and economical as well so I don't see what's the big deal. Sure, respect is ideal, but that's more of a guideline. It's like the moral standard of any westernized civilization. It's only followed to convenience, other than that, fuck it.

Thirdly, a release is not necessary when there was no rights to begin with. It's just a matter of courtesy, but that's all it is, a courtesy. Which unless you can't achieve anything on your own without the reliance of the courtesy of others, then I'd say you have other bigger problems. I speak from experience. People shouldn't take it personal when that's the nature of life. You win some, you lose some. It's just the idea is that you try to win more than you lose. So you see, everyone loses at one point or another, so why cry foul when its your turn? Unless the guy in question is p*ssy.

Continuing to speak on rights, let me go at this at another angle too. Say there's a group of girls, majority of them hot, 1 of them fugly. What if a number of those hot girls want a piece of you but cannot because the fugly one called dibs. Will you allow Ms. Fugly the right of control & limitation of your social progress?
all that said lets pretend you're right on everything. then whats the whole point of having friends? just a bunch of people who will do whatever they want whenever they want to regardless of whether they know that what they are doing will fuck me over or not. maybe thats why i have a hard time making new good friends. if a person would do that to me they just are not worth it. and theres no drama about it. if i couldnt get some smoking hot girl cause her ugly friend called dibs then i dont really care. there are lots of other smoking chicks around.

but that point doesnt make sense in our situation cause we're not talking about randoms we're talking about girls one person has known for at least a little while. Had it happen to me twice where a friend has asked me not to make a move on a girl. Both were hot. but he's my friend. its like asking me not to take the last slice of pizza. if I was an asshole to my good friends sure i may take it anyway. but i like my friends so if he wants the slice take it. i'll get first crack at the next one. its just pizza. just likes its just a girl.

seeing a random stranger talking to a girl and deciding not to hit on the girl is common courtesy. stealing a girl that you know your friend is going after is a bitch move. you say its darwinian and strictly business. for me its like saying you cant meet girls on your own so you gotta cherry pick whatever comes in range.

i know guys like that. nice guys. wouldnt trust them with a bucket of spit though. cant really ever call them friends.

there has to be a code, otherwise what separates friends from just random people that you know and see every so often.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #68

There's a few misnomers here I want to correct.

Quote:
if i couldnt get some smoking hot girl cause her ugly friend called dibs then i dont really care. there are lots of other smoking chicks around.
This and the mantra "there's many other fishes in the sea" is one of the biggest misconceptions in the dating scene. Although the statement in itself is true, the reality is: "how many of those fishes will actually talk to you". The "many fishes in the sea" is like the concept of Karma. People have to believe in these things to make themselves feel better about their inadequacies.

Quote:
its like asking me not to take the last slice of pizza. if I was an asshole to my good friends sure i may take it anyway. but i like my friends so if he wants the slice take it. i'll get first crack at the next one. its just pizza. just likes its just a girl.
Ahhh, the pizza analogy. Yes again this is true. But only partial in scope. True everyone will have the opportunity for another slice of pizza. But in average joe reality: When is the next slice of pizza coming?

That's the disparity of people who operate on the higher levels on the Darwinism scale in comparison to the ones who are lower. People higher up tend to enjoy pizza more often than not.

Quote:
you say its darwinian and strictly business. for me its like saying you cant meet girls on your own so you gotta cherry pick whatever comes in range.
G-R-E-E-D goes both ways dude. But most people don't have the intellectual capacity to think of perspectives beyond themselves. Yes I am greedy that I can and am able to cherry pick. But since we're not talking about gfs and wives, for a guy to lay claim on women and expect/obligate others not to tresspass on his territories claimed by notions of crushes & infatuation alone is G-R-E-E-D in itself as well.

And since both parties are being greedy, then all is fair.

Quote:
i know guys like that. nice guys. wouldnt trust them with a bucket of spit though. cant really ever call them friends.

there has to be a code, otherwise what separates friends from just random people that you know and see every so often.
Definition of friends are subjective. My friends consists of guys who can roll with it. Like I said, I've won some and lost some to my friends. All the same, they have won some and lost some from me. Maybe it's just my preference that I don't surround myself with girly boys who cry over spilled milk. It's all part of life's adventure.

Life is a cycle, you and your real friends are supposed roll with it together. Not tip toe around each other in the course of life's progress.

edit:

Why can't i type in G-R-E-E-D the proper way? it auto types as: $$$$$.

Last edited by Noir; 01-28-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #69
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'd just let B have C.

Such is the way the heart goes. if B likes C and C likes B and not A, then what's the point of forcing it? right?

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #70

Quote:
T$$$$$.
1.) inadequacies? are you serious? what it means is that if you can get one girl you can get another. if you break up with your girl today are you destined to live your life alone. there is a good chance you will meet someone else. not to come off as cocky but its not THAT hard to meet new girls. i mean you may not want to date them cause of personality, and they may not all be 10's but you def wont be alone forever.

2.) as for the pizza thing its less of a 'when will you eat again' and more of a 'how much do you value the slice'. its just pussy. you can twist that to say that for your argument as much as I can for mine, but that is what my point was. its just a girl. if your friend says he wants it, its his. if after a bit he says go for it i dont care anymore then its all good. if he's all 'butthurt' over not being able to get her then its weak on his part but he's my buddy, i'll respect it.

3.) fair enough. i think its more if the first guy has a 'crush' and he's just infatuated, and the second guy just see's it as another piece of ass that he can get, then it goes back to the value thing. its nothing to you but it means alot to him. let the baby have his bottle. Going back to my friend who played that card a few times with me, it was obvious he never had a chance (cause h'es tried a bunch of times and always fails) but he's still one of my best friends.

that said, you made a point there so i wont argue it further.

4. agreed. friendship is subjective. for me I need people who I can hang with who I know will have my back when I need them and who will back me even when I dont know they are backing me. Like when a girl breaks up with a guy then tries to fuck his best friends just to make the first guy feel bad. I need friends who dont even need to tell me about it. they just tell the girl to fuck off; end of story.

i know guys who are like that and the friendship is pretty much 'everyman for himself and if i need to fuck you over to advance myself then you should not get mad at me for doing it cause i gotta look out for myself right?'

but i dont really see the point then. they're just people you know who have a better chance of fucking you over.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #71

^^^ WTH? I can't tell whether you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me. You try to differ in principle but your conclusions are the same as mine. Difference between you and me, I don't dress myself up under the guise of honour, respect or nobility when clearly we're all just dogs in the inside. And its a dog eat dog world.

Quote:
not to come off as cocky but its not THAT hard to meet new girls. i mean you may not want to date them cause of personality, and they may not all be 10's but you def wont be alone forever.
Are you sure about that? Are you sure everyone truly reflects the same sentiment? How many threads in this forum do you see guys asking where to meet girls? How many threads in here do you see guys asking how to meet girls? How to approach them? What to talk about?

Even guys that do manage to get a girl, how many threads do you see of guys in despair for overinvesting in a girl and getting disappointed at the return? Why do so many guys over invest? Buy jewellry's and mexico trips for relationship only a few months old?

Why are these so abundant? I'll be the first to admit, I was like the above at one point before, but its not like the ensuing successes in my history came easy as you like to portray? It's not like I can walk into any club or bar and outcompete all the males for the hottest girls in the club, and I doubt anyone here could on a daily basis either, unlike some of the faux-persona I gather in here. But yes, when I do win and outcompete others, sometimes the win is clean, sometimes it required a little g-r-e-e-d and selfishness. Buts thats the way it goes. Because it's my choice to win more than to lose.

So seriously, you're implications that all these is easy for you, I call total BS. Meeting girls are easy, grabbing 10's are easy as pie. Pffffft. I sense that this is all just hot air you're blowing. It's almost BradfordChow like. You get laid some and your ego assumes the ultimate. Sorry, but I'm going to have to call you out on that one.

Maybe my friends and I are just a strange bunch. We can appreciate losses to "real" winners out there, even amongst ourselves.

Last edited by Noir; 01-28-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #72

Quote:
^^^ WTH? I can't tell whether you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me. You try to differ in principle but your conclusions are the same as mine. Difference between you and me, I don't dress myself up under the guise of honour, respect or nobility when clearly we're all just dogs in the inside. And its a dog eat dog world.

Are you sure about that? Are you sure everyone truly reflects the same sentiment? How many threads in this forum do you see guys asking where to meet girls? How many threads in here do you see guys asking how to meet girls? How to approach them? What to talk about?

Even guys that do manage to get a girl, how many threads do you see of guys in despair for overinvesting in a girl and getting disappointed at the return? Why do so many guys over invest? Buy jewellry's and mexico trips for relationship only a few months old?

Why are these so abundant? I'll be the first to admit, I was like the above at one point before, but its not like the ensuing successes in my history came easy as you like to portray? It's not like I can walk into any club or bar and outcompete all the males for the hottest girls in the club, and I doubt anyone here could on a daily basis either, unlike some of the faux-persona I gather in here. But yes, when I do win and outcompete others, sometimes the win is clean, sometimes it required a little g-r-e-e-d and selfishness. Buts thats the way it goes. Because it's my choice to win more than to lose.

So seriously, you're implications that all these is easy for you,

where did this even come from? could not have twisted my words any more

I call total BS. Meeting girls are easy, grabbing 10's are easy as pie. Pffffft. I sense that this is all just hot air you're blowing. It's almost BradfordChow like. You get laid some and your ego assumes the ultimate. Sorry, but I'm going to have to call you out on that one.

Maybe my friends and I are just a strange bunch. We can appreciate losses to "real" winners out there, even amongst ourselves.

I think the confusion is that I agree that its a dog eat dog world as far as people you dont know, but as far as friends go it doesnt make any sense to have to watch your back around both your friends and your enemies. the whole reason their your friends is because you can trust them not to fuck you over right?

secondly, I cant find where i said specifically that its going to be 10s (sadi the exact opposite) but meeting new people isn't impossible. take a class, branch off of friends go to a bar and get drunk and meet randoms if thats you're thing. i havn't had a gf for almost a year but i've still met girls who I started new friendships with that could have gone either way. through them i've met others that work the same way. I never said it was easy. but its not impossible. i think thinking that way is pretty negative. if you start thinking you're never going to meet people and that its hard then you'll probably be pretty lonely. And i see threads like that but, i dont think they represent the avg person in the world. the avg person when they have problems are not going to run to the internet and ask people like that. not anything against people who do, I've posted my own share of threads but i doubt the majority of people are like that.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #73

^^^ I didn't twist your words. But your confidence implied it.

Quote:
if i couldnt get some smoking hot girl cause her ugly friend called dibs then i dont really care. there are lots of other smoking chicks around.
It implies that smoking hot chicks are an abundant commodity. Whether you're implying this is true for guys in general, or for yourself specifically, I'm not quite sure, but your confidence kind of leads me to suspect the latter.

Quote:
I think the confusion is that I agree that its a dog eat dog world as far as people you dont know, but as far as friends go it doesnt make any sense to have to watch your back around both your friends and your enemies. the whole reason their your friends is because you can trust them not to fuck you over right?
Does that mean that if the chick that you like, likes your friend instead, you cockblock? or is it really that wrong to just let things be?

Last edited by Noir; 01-28-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #74
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Bros before Hoes policy is for little boys. Your Bros will eventually leave u and the one who u'll spend the rest of ur life with is the Hoe.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #75

Quote:
^^^ I didn't twist your words. But your confidence implied it.

It implies that smoking hot chicks are an abundant commodity. Whether you're implying this is true for guys in general, or for yourself specifically, I'm not quite sure, but your confidence kind of leads me to suspect the latter.
its kind of unfair to put words in my mouth. I didnt say that women were an abundant commodity that i or anyone else could pick up at a moments whim, but yes i do think that if I, or someone else, dates an attractive woman, breaks up with them for some odd reason, can still and probably will find another person they find attractive. its not impossible and is more then probable. Yes some people have problems meeting new people, others meet tons of people all the time. depends on peoples personalities but on avg id say people will meet new people.

i can see how you would think i was talking about myself in particularly cause i like to throw my own experiences into my posts, just cause my own life exp is what I'm know, but I usually speaking generally.

Quote:
Does that mean that if the chick that you like, likes your friend instead, you cockblock? or is it really that wrong to just let things be?
if a chick that I like, and that I take out on something that resembles a date or something with some of my other friends, and the girl hits on my friend, then no, i dont think i would cockblock but i dont think i'd have to. I think as a group we'd all tell her to fuck off and then i would get teased for trying to date a skank that I couldnt even keep.

If i chick that I like, that im just started seeing that I take out on something that resembles a date or something with some of my other friends, is interested in me, but not as much as I am in her, and my friend thinks he has a shot, then again, I dont think i have to cockblock. everyone in the room knows who she came here with, and someone would have to think pretty lowly of me to call themselves my friend and then just come scoop the girl out from under me.

to be fair, the only exp I had with this was the one I posted earlier. As for if the 'girl liked my friend' thing.....just feels inconsequential. if i bring a girl out, pick her up, take her to meet my friends, then that just shouldn't happen. and if it does, she's a fucking whore. again going off of my exp, when that DID happen to me, they guy she came on to wasn't even thinking about it. it just made her look really cheap and skanky and trashy. it would be embarrassing for me but i dont see any of my friends picking it up even if it was thrown at them. for me its not a cockblocking thing, its just the way it is.

though if a friend did specifically ask me not to, show up with a girl, and I find the girl to be hitting on me, then id def tone myself down, or back off, start upselling my friend or feign being really drunk. but after awhile (if i had been drinking) id probably tell her off, regardless of how hot she is, and tell my friend that shes a bitch.

i wrote alot. im sure its really repetitive and has a lot of spelling mistakes. i'll fix it later