REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #76
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
If those are B.C. vehicles, you've provided no evidence to prove it, and furthermore, with about 400k kilometers of driving experience in the province, I've never seen a vehicle that bad.

Your grammar is just as terrible in the videos as it is in your posts.
Advertisement
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #77
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
[quote=rubenoff;7825792]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post

some real nice vehicle's that are issued licence decals from I.C.B.C.
why are owners not required to supply photos of older units before licence decals are handed out like candy?? see u tube link below

20120310-202701.AVI why are rusty vehicles on Highways in B.C.?? - YouTube
The problem is that Autoplan Insurance brokers issue the paperwork, not ICBC themselves. Unless you inspect every car before you issue the registration, there is no way to check to see that they are mechanically compliant. An insurance cleck is not qualified to see if your alignment is correct or that you have illegally jacked/lowered your vehicle without proper engineering techniques being used...and i would not want them doing that. I have run across pocket bikes that have been given regsitration and clerks that told drivers it was OK to put front licence plates on their dashes, among other things. They couldn't even handle those things and are not qualified and should not be doing that kind of mechanical work. A mandatory mechanical inspection by a qualified mechanic would solve the problems.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #78
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
mechanical inspection by a qualified mechanic would solve the problems.
And yet wasn't there a thing on the news a while back where licensed vehicle inspectors were passing vehicles that shouldn't be on the road.
Vehicles like the Dodge van that flipped over on the highway. Dodge van that was full of farm workers where the rear seats were pulled and fitted with wooden bench seats and no seat belts to fit more people in the vehicle than it was designed for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #79
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
And yet wasn't there a thing on the news a while back where licensed vehicle inspectors were passing vehicles that shouldn't be on the road.
Vehicles like the Dodge van that flipped over on the highway. Dodge van that was full of farm workers where the rear seats were pulled and fitted with wooden bench seats and no seat belts to fit more people in the vehicle than it was designed for.
Let me re-phrase my statement... qualified and uncorrupt inspectors.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #80
I subscribe to Revscene

This just gets better and better.

Let's funnel every 5 year old and older car in the province through inspection shops. Law abiding folks like myself would shell out hundreds of dollars that I would normally put into maintenance while those who are "in the know" pay off corrupt inspectors for an inspection decal and continue on their way.

As for all those rusty vehicles, rubenoff, we don't need mandatory inspections to catch them. A simple traffic stop and VI would take care of that just fine.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #81
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
This just gets better and better.

Let's funnel every 5 year old and older car in the province through inspection shops. Law abiding folks like myself would shell out hundreds of dollars that I would normally put into maintenance while those who are "in the know" pay off corrupt inspectors for an inspection decal and continue on their way.

As for all those rusty vehicles, rubenoff, we don't need mandatory inspections to catch them. A simple traffic stop and VI would take care of that just fine.
Really good point much appreciated, Drivers 80 years of age need to prove medical proof via their doctor that they are O.K to drive, good move from an accident prevention point of view, that aprox. 4/5 th. of their life at what point would we give vehicles the same test of basic condition 20 years? 30 years? 40 years? the effect of body rust and under vehicle rusting of brake lines, fuel lines, power steering lines, and general underneath body condition
we do not agree with all vehicles the discussion is leading towards the age of
maintaining safe road worthiness and the time to compact the unit for recycling Have a nice weekend
rubenoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #82

here is the link to the Private Vehicle Inspection Programme P.V.I.P. available at I.C.B.C
inspection approved garages the inspection looks for vehicle integrity, However where
there is a concern for downtime prevention, Its good to do the ourselves if we have the abliity, we always suggest to folks to get a mechanic reccomended by friends or family
and have them perform the work up to the owners manual reccomendations and use the
P.V.I.P. programme as a guideline in unit's useful age analisis with overall cost as a factor v/s buying a newer vehicle

http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/CVSE/vehicle...PDF/MV3199.pdf

our Last vehicle a 1988 Dodge aries station wagon lasted until 2005 and on the last inspection and repair showed serious rusting of the fuel tank and carrier straps and the frame area over the rear suspension area and around the front strut mounting area and the mechanic who is an inspector suggested taking the unit out of service

The basis differences between the inspection and the Preventative maintenance requirement when married together gives an overall view a better look at the unit and if completed help's to eliminates undesirable downtime along the road Cheers
Old 03-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #83
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Let's funnel every 5 year old and older car in the province through inspection shops.
This has already been the case in BC in the past, and is still the case in many jurisdictions. Be glad you live in BC today, where it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #84
I subscribe to Revscene

This may come as a surprise to you, but I can read. I know it has been the case in BC in previous years, and as I said once before - I am glad I live in BC where we have just a little less regulation.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #85
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
I never doubted you could read. I'm utterly shocked that you appear to comprehend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 03-11-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #86
RS Peace Officer

Bazinga!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #87

Im just wondering but if i had Yellow LED piaa fog lights is that illegal?? and alsowhat if they were HID 5 LED fog lights
PandaFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #88
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
General Duties Members are probably not that well-versed in the details of the MV Act & Regs. A "cheater' is issued for quick reference to the offenses and they can mislead the user to believe certain sections apply, when a closer read of the actual legislation will show that it does not. Traffic Members should be better informed but some junior Members can make the same mistake. As many members in the LMSD are junior in service, this could be the problem.
I was going to post exactly this. In my 15years of driving I have come across a few RCMP members who are not BC natives and try to use a regulation from another province that doesn't exist in BC.

Using foglights when not required is one that several rcmp members have mistakenly ticketed for in BC.

Fight the ticket.

FYI, in Washington state there IS a law against it, and there you CAN get a ticket for it.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaFit View Post
Im just wondering but if i had Yellow LED piaa fog lights is that illegal?? and alsowhat if they were HID 5 LED fog lights
we are Kinda O.E.M guys. and use the driving experience gained and teachings in defensive driving course, that guide us to drive road and weather conditions
have a nice weekend
Old 03-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
I was going to post exactly this. In my 15years of driving I have come across a few RCMP members who are not BC natives and try to use a regulation from another province that doesn't exist in BC.

Using foglights when not required is one that several rcmp members have mistakenly ticketed for in BC.

Fight the ticket.

FYI, in Washington state there IS a law against it, and there you CAN get a ticket for it.
it seems pretty clear if there is fog use fog lamps, if there is no fog shut them off. sometimes we need to look at the front of the vehicle to see what lights are actually on, especially is the vehicle builder did not place an indicator on the dash of the unit to show the operator what lamps are displayed , we should not need to have the Gustappo come and give us an expensive ticket to remind us of our responsibilities as operators
Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #91
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenoff View Post
it seems pretty clear if there is fog use fog lamps, if there is no fog shut them off.
What is clear to me is that the BC MVA permits their use when there is no fog.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #92
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
more lights lit on the front of the vehicle increases the visibility of the car, even in clear daylight conditions. hence mandatory drl use. so if you turn on another 2 lights that if aimed properly shouldn't affect anyone, more is better, is it not?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #93
I subscribe to Revscene

The only downside to properly aimed fog lights being used all the time would be increased glare off a wet road surface. That's partly why I don't like HID headlamps - too much light reflecting off a wet road.

Other than that, I don't see why use of fog lights in clear conditions would be undesirable.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #94
RS Peace Officer

The only downside to properly aimed fog lights being used all the time would be increased glare off a wet road surface. That's partly why I don't like HID headlamps - too much light reflecting off a wet road.

I never found that with my HID's...specially in the situation you describe here...but then, I'm getting older and blind these days.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #95
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
I never found that with my HID's...specially in the situation you describe here...but then, I'm getting older and blind these days.
I'm speaking about oncoming vehicles. Normally you have the cutoff preventing the full brightness of the bulb from blinding the oncoming driver, but with a wet road you have a considerable amount of that light bouncing up.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #96

Quote:
What is clear to me is that the BC MVA permits their use when there is no fog.
??????????

Fog lamps
4.11 (1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 fog lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle below the headlamps, that are capable of displaying only white or amber light.

(2) Each fog lamp must be
(a) mounted not more than 30 cm below the headlamps, and
(b) adjusted and aimed so that, at a distance of 8 m from the lamp, the centre of the beam is at least 10 cm below the height of the fog lamp.
(3) The fog lamp wiring and switch must permit simultaneous operation of the parking lamps, tail lamps, licence plate lamp and, if required, clearance lamps.
(4) The operator of a vehicle may use fog lamps instead of headlamps when atmospheric conditions make the use of headlamps disadvantageous.
[en. B.C. Reg. 476/98, s. 2.]
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #97
VAC Head Rotang Mod

even in my lowered car, where most vehicles low beams are in my eyes anyway, i don't really notice the glare off the road too much.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #98
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Quote:
??????????

Fog lamps
4.11 (1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with 2 fog lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle below the headlamps, that are capable of displaying only white or amber light.

(2) Each fog lamp must be
(a) mounted not more than 30 cm below the headlamps, and
(b) adjusted and aimed so that, at a distance of 8 m from the lamp, the centre of the beam is at least 10 cm below the height of the fog lamp.
(3) The fog lamp wiring and switch must permit simultaneous operation of the parking lamps, tail lamps, licence plate lamp and, if required, clearance lamps.
(4) The operator of a vehicle may use fog lamps instead of headlamps when atmospheric conditions make the use of headlamps disadvantageous.
and no where in that does it say you are prohibited from using the fog lights when atmospheric conditions do not require them, just that you are allowed to use ONLY fogs if the use of the fogs AND headlamps are disadvantageous.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #99
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
??????????
I've bolded the important bit..

Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #100
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
I've bolded the important bit..
Originally Posted by rubenoff
??????????

It's also important to bold this part of that quote..

Originally Posted by rubenoff
??????????