REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Valentines is near, what should I do? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562160-valentines-near-what-should-i-do.html)

B-DiZzLe 01-26-2009 03:13 PM

Valentines is near, what should I do?

I recently started dating somebody and I had some questions.

1) What should I BUY and Do for Valentines?
-Flowers or Presents?
-If Flowers, where is a good place to buy them? I live in East Van.
-If Present, what should I get?

2) Where should I take her for Valentines that's nice? Doesn't really have to be romantic.

I don't want to spend more then $75 for flowers, I'd rather spend it on a gift that would last. But flowers and valentines are kinda a must, any suggestions for cheap places for flowers or a good gift idea?

Budget is kinda $50-80 for gift / flower and $150 for the meal. If I can squeek out $200 for both that would be great but not necessary.

stewie 01-26-2009 03:16 PM

dosnt mcdonalds put down pink and red table cloths on the tables for valentines day...that would be romantic!

as for presents, probably something gucci or prada....

JudeChow 01-26-2009 03:26 PM

I find flowers that are from grocery stores ie. Safeway etc are very nice, most of the time, they are better than the ones you get at a floral shop. The wrapping isn't as nice, but it is still very presentable. Expect to spend about $30ish dollars vs. 100+ for a dozen roses at a floral shop.

vmec 01-26-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VancityPimp (Post 6246629)
I don't want to spend more then $75 for flowers, I'd rather spend it on a gift that would last. But flowers and valentines are kinda a must, any suggestions for cheap places for flowers or a good gift idea?

Flowers on V day are lame. Sure some girls love them, but I think they're unoriginal and a lame attempt at romance especially on V day. I love flowers, but try at the most random time. Try on a Wednesday for nothing, when I get sick on Sunday morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 6246637)
as for presents, probably something gucci or prada....

Sine when is gucci and prada $75 bucks? And since when do guys start buying such elaborate gifts when they first start dating!?

!Yaminashi 01-26-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmec (Post 6246697)
Sine when is gucci and prada $75 bucks? And since when do guys start buying such elaborate gifts when they first start dating!?

I think you may have missed the sarcasm

Noir 01-26-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 6246725)
I think you may have missed the sarcasm

You'd think that a romantic Mcdonalds dinner would've been a dead give away eh. :lol

cls55coupe 01-26-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VancityPimp (Post 6246629)

2) Where should I take her for Valentines that's nice? Doesn't really have to be romantic.

dine out vancouver

LsquareD 01-26-2009 04:02 PM

Get her a necklace or bracelet with something memorable engraved. Make her a romantic dinner at your place (Turn off all the lights and light some candles) Get Drunk. Have wild sex. Profit?

CanadaGoose 01-26-2009 04:21 PM

Your name says Vancitypimp....shouldn't you be telling US what to do? lol

What everyone else said, a necklace or a bracelet BUT i wouldn't engrave anything on it....too early in the relationship for that imo. don't just hand it to her either, make a moment out of it, kiss her from behind or something, give her a moment she can remember

if you don't want to blow a wad on flowers, just buy one red rose and handwrite a note to go with it - and spent the rest on her gift. One flower is classy anyways

Get some rose petals, vanilla candles, and velvet scarf/rope too, you KNOW something is gonna happen after dinner on v-day

Have fun

Mr.HappySilp 01-26-2009 04:26 PM

LV bag form china town!
She won't know the difference.

Seriously it depens on how long u dated her, how the relationship is etc etc..... Ger her somethint orginal like a little photo album with pics of you and her, write a dariy about the day u start dating her to current, fold her 1000 plastic straw stars and put it in a jar but alos put a msall present in the jar as well(necklace) so she have to fish it out.

If you live alone try cooking for her instead of going out for dinner.

BoneThug 01-26-2009 04:31 PM

you should break up with her. thats what my gf did last year and its a gift i never forgot.

LsquareD 01-26-2009 04:42 PM

^ ouch :(

Culture_Vulture 01-26-2009 05:29 PM

you can't call yourself a vancitypimp if you don't even know what to do for valentines!

K-Dub 01-26-2009 05:46 PM

Spend your life savings and more on her.
She will love you long time.

ah_cat 01-26-2009 08:09 PM

go for cheesecake/fondue.

:D

muteki 01-26-2009 08:14 PM

^ +1 for sweets.

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-27-2009 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyComplex (Post 6247297)
^ +1 for sweets.

I'm sweet enough baby, give a girl sweets while she's with me and she'll become diabetic.

smoothie. 01-27-2009 02:31 AM

didnt read any replies

200?

all depends on your choice. personally i wouldnt spend that much, yet. thought counts. thought without money yields no result. all money yields no result unless if theyre THAT kinda girl.

Wykydtron 01-27-2009 05:58 AM

How long is 'recently dating' someone? If you just started dating, why spend so much? Try to find out her favourite flower, and get her one, and I like the take her out for desert. And maybe a cheesy stuffed animal.

hotjoint 01-27-2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Physixx (Post 6246923)
you can't call yourself a vancitypimp if you don't even know what to do for valentines!

:lol

asian_XL 01-27-2009 07:45 AM

a box of Godiva

hamsup 01-27-2009 08:02 AM

box of chocolates.. somethign small... and maybe a small bouquet of flowers.. i wouldn't go over the top... maybe just hit up safeway and get a few roses !

raygunpk 01-27-2009 11:03 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/34xnt6h.jpg

jpoon 01-27-2009 11:07 AM

^ wtf!? LOL. I'm at school and I thought it was some Hentai picture at first. Phew.

I don't think you need to spend so much money on Valentines day. It's the thought that counts. Sure money is important, but when it comes to celebrating with your girl I'd think she would appreciate a whole day with you doing something she enjoys. You still can spend 200 dollars, if you bring her somewhere nice to eat.

rslater 01-27-2009 05:03 PM

Buy some nice cheescake and bring over two plates and two forks and eat. It says happy valentines day, without being over bearing. I've been dating the girl for 3 months and this is what i plan on doing.