REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Sportchek (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562418-sportchek.html)

F3 01-27-2009 11:54 PM

Sportchek

What happend to that thread about the upcoming sale?
If anyone has that link to the 25% off coupon could you please pm me.
Thanks.

hamsup 01-28-2009 07:39 AM

facebook it !!! its all over the place !

therubberguard 01-28-2009 08:48 AM

http://subscription.sportchek.ca/res...mily_event.jpg

AzNightmare 01-29-2009 02:19 AM

I was wondering about this too. But I already saved the coupon from the original thread.
Wonder why it got shut down?

Maybe we're not suposed to be distrubuting it or something???

SizzleChest 02-02-2009 08:37 AM

sport chek's pricing system is misleading. everything has an original over-inflated price that is almost never the acutal point-of-purchase price. then they put on their "sale" price to make you think you're getting a deal. this price really is their regular everyday price. so with this 10%/25% family and friends event, you're either getting 25% off the over-inflated price or 10% off the regular price.

- kT 02-02-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SizzleChest (Post 6258935)
sport chek's pricing system is misleading. everything has an original over-inflated price that is almost never the acutal point-of-purchase price. then they put on their "sale" price to make you think you're getting a deal. this price really is their regular everyday price. so with this 10%/25% family and friends event, you're either getting 25% off the over-inflated price or 10% off the regular price.

Untrue. What are you basing this on? Other store's sales?

I used to work at Sportchek. F&F sale is always 25% off regular price.

SizzleChest 02-02-2009 02:57 PM

everytime i walk into a sport chek, they will have a clear posted price and then another higher price to make the actual price look more appealing. with shoes for example, the inflated price is on the insole. not everything is priced this way, but it seems that the vast majority of items that i look at are.

- kT 02-02-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SizzleChest (Post 6259445)
everytime i walk into a sport chek, they will have a clear posted price and then another higher price to make the actual price look more appealing. with shoes for example, the inflated price is on the insole. not everything is priced this way, but it seems that the vast majority of items that i look at are.

That's true, but sales are sales off the original highest price. Sportchek has a LOT of sales, so you are correct to a degree.

However, we never dropped the price from a higher than retail price just to make things look cheaper. They really are cheaper. For example, stuff like free weights are NEVER on sale at Sportchek. However, with this 25% off everything sale, you get 25% off free weights. Price is never changed on free weights, and other items too.

skiiipi 02-02-2009 09:19 PM

what you are refering to was the old sportchek pricing strategy back in 2003. In 2003 the company got a 2million law suit regarding our pricing, in a sense that all the regular pricing was never the regualr pricing. However since then, it is no longer the case.

for a price to be "on sale" the item needs to be in the store for a minimum of 2 weeks at regular price for it to temporaily go on sale (the price MUST go back to its regular price). For the price to be "permenently" marked down, the item must be sold at its regular price for 2 month in stores. That is the rule stated by the Federal Advertising/COmpetition Act.

So your claim of sportchek's overinflated price is inaccurate as of today.

dhawes 02-03-2009 01:23 AM

Nothing is worth buying from that store unless you use employee discount.

SizzleChest 02-03-2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiiipi (Post 6260108)
what you are refering to was the old sportchek pricing strategy back in 2003. In 2003 the company got a 2million law suit regarding our pricing, in a sense that all the regular pricing was never the regualr pricing. However since then, it is no longer the case.

for a price to be "on sale" the item needs to be in the store for a minimum of 2 weeks at regular price for it to temporaily go on sale (the price MUST go back to its regular price). For the price to be "permenently" marked down, the item must be sold at its regular price for 2 month in stores. That is the rule stated by the Federal Advertising/COmpetition Act.

So your claim of sportchek's overinflated price is inaccurate as of today.

if you say so, but i still stand by my observation.