REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 01-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS
Shore Club

Anyone ever been to Shore Club? Would you guys recommend it? I've booked a reservation there for V-Day but i don't know if the food is worth the price.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
God of Unce
One of my friend went there for his buddy's birthday. Pretty pricey was what he told me.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
ive been there.. the service is excellent and the food is pretty good too, i can't rmeember what we had some steaks and fish to share, and started out with the seafood tower. the seafood tower is 2 tiers but was $100... the steaks are the same cut as gotham's (they are sister restaurants)
i mean if u dont really care how much your dinner is gonna be then definitely go, nice atmosphere, excellent service, look to spend at least $100 per person.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
not including drinks...
and remember to try the KEY LIME PIE for dessert!!! best key lime i've ever had!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #6, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
Shore Club has really good bread and butter, their $50 porterhouse is also good.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Ubereem Mod
think of shore club as Gotham but with a choice of eating seafood.
Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture View Post
sometimes I like to use kindergarten art class scissors to cut my pubes
Old 02-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #8, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
Sister had a party there. we got the room to the immediate right behind the check in counter.
One of the worst dinner parties I've been to.

First of all there were 25 of us (they knew ahead) and they set up a long table for about 16 and the rest of us were on tables around the side. The room was MORE than long enough to accomodate all 25 in a row. we had a couple people at a couples table in one corner and another couple tables perpendicular to the main row of tables. They never offered to rearrange seating at all.

When we ordered, the room did so at the same time. They provided only one waitress to take our orders and she took them by table so things didn't come out together.
we had 3 table groups. table A would be getting appetizers, while C would be getting main course without the appy's even showing up.
Or we would be having appy's at table B and the side dishes (veggies and stuff) would start showing up before the main. The smallest table group basically finished their meal while the bigger ones weren't even on mains yet.

Maybe it's the waitress' fault for punching in separate food orders instead of a group but I've never seen food come out so out of order and uncoordinated as this.

So having only one waitress (there were more servers but only one person to take orders) ment slow on refils and getting more drink orders placed.

So overall did not enjoy the night at all. Food wasn't impressive at all, I had pretty high expectations because it's from the Gothams group of owners.

I'd spend my money at Pinky's or Gothams instead of shore club, but I'm willing to give shore club another try someday.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)
^ Jlo's Bday? sounds familar situation haha