REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

suggestion for small plates/tapas style restaurant

a buddy of mine is going to visit soon, he prefers small plates/tapas style restaurant. i have tried tapastress, cru, nu and salt tasting room. planning to try Plan B, as I have not tried it myself either. any other recommendations?
Thanks
Advertisement
loafer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

i've heard some good things about bin 942.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Refer to my post here.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...&postcount=140
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Bin isn't bad however, you'll end up having to wait a long time in order to get a table.

If you're into Spanish tapas, there's La Bodega and Zocalo. I've been to Zocalo (Main & W.Broadway) and the service/food was pretty good and authentic.

If you want to try Russian tapas, try Red Square on Granville, I believe just off Drake or Davie (I don't remember.) Neat decor, good service and an interesting twist to typical Russian peasant fare!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
i've heard some good things about bin 942.
Yeah how is Bin 942? I've only been to their location on Davie...Bin 941. The food at Bin 941 is great, tough finding a seat though.

http://www.bin941.com/
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
RS Veteran

^
Pretty much give or take, the same. The menus are pretty similar but they strive to differentiate from one another. Seating can and will take a while sometimes.

Forgot to mention Belgian style taps at Stella's on Commercial Drive.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 01-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I find the new Market by Jean-George at the Shangri-La quite nice.

Check out the post with full menu. Cactus Club prices Michelin star rated quality:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...&postcount=295
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
I am Hook'd on RS

i've been to bin941 and yes the line up takes quite a while.
Red Square on granville sounds really interesting, i will definitely give that a try.

is Stella the one with tons of beer choices? i've been to one on commerical with beer all around the world, cant remember the name tho. Commerical is full of neat places now, the patio of Havanna is great on a summer night with ice cold sangria

is there any place like salt tasting room? as my buddy and i are wine drinkers.
loafer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 AM   #9
RS Veteran

^
Yes, Stella is the joint on the Drive with a myriad selection of beers.

Hmm...places similar to Salt? The only other place I can think of is Soma just off Main on 8th Ave. Good, honest service. Nice high top bar, somewhat limited seating if you arrive late, but overall, good service without the Main Street attitude and decent food prices/selection and wine selection as per the website. They have a good mix of martinis which my lady friend really enjoys. I've been a few times and it's not a bad place to go to chill out with a few friends. This is the only other place I've been to that allows you to pick and choose off a chalkboard from their list of meats and cheeses.

Edit: Their fondue is not bad neither. It's pretty interesting. I suggest you try it. A bit of a twist to traditional fondue utensils.