REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Re-palming hockey gloves (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562749-re-palming-hockey-gloves.html)

saiko 01-30-2009 12:23 PM

Re-palming hockey gloves

hey guys,

where's a good place to get my gloves repalmed? I have two pairs that both need the right gloves repalmed. Any idea on the price ranges?

Pondering if I should just keep them as is (holes), fix them, or buy a new pair. They're some decent Easton gloves, which I have gotten really used to. Nothing high end.

help me out!
tia.

beetea 01-30-2009 03:04 PM

40 bucks a glove at cyclones.

pwdiero 01-30-2009 05:48 PM

Go right to the source, Henry's on 49th & Main. He actually does some of the repalming for Cyclones. He fixes anything from goalie pads, blocker, gloves etc. He can box stitch your skates and he even has a skate rivet machine.

mickz 01-31-2009 12:03 AM

Depends how big the holes are. I had a slight tear in my gloves and I had them patched for $6 or $8 at Cyclones. What type of palms are you looking to get?

saiko 01-31-2009 01:29 AM

.. uh oh, caught a noob here..

I'm jsut looking to have the hole stitched up.. no fabric design or fabric weaves needed. It's just a hole, about a toonie size that's bugging me a little.

$40 a glove is way too much for me, for these gloves.

I guess I'll swing by cylone taylor and see if they can get me a quote. Didn't know they had that service.

silvercivicdx 01-31-2009 05:51 AM

planet ice coquitlam 25bux a glove and they do it on site

saiko 02-09-2009 03:18 AM

my solution... nike bauer 4 rolls :)

gonna try to stitch up the holes on my easton gloves when I have time.. diy = poor ass mofo me.

beetea 02-09-2009 01:58 PM

money gloves
i have 2 pairs ! (colour scheme)
but hte palms really are tank on them

saiko 02-10-2009 03:17 PM

haha snap, 2 pairs?! frig.. mine were quite heavy on the wallet - though intermediate size or jr size I think, $109.99 + taxes.. Didn't bother looking at hockey monkey for just one item..

How durable do you think the outter part is? The palms do feel very nice and solid, just the fabric on the outside (non leathery looking) seem fragile. It's very breathable too! My hands are nice and cool and dry so far.

beetea 02-10-2009 03:22 PM

i think they are the best glove for 119.99. trust me they'll last you a long time. remember to use white tape on the butt end of the stick!

we call that outer part "tuff-tek" and its like a cloth like material right. it'll hold up no problems. had the first pair for 1.5 years and outside they are perfect, just my top hand palm is black from using the black tape haha.

good choice :)

Noir 02-10-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nammerboi3 (Post 6273951)
i think they are the best glove for 119.99. trust me they'll last you a long time. remember to use white tape on the butt end of the stick!

we call that outer part "tuff-tek" and its like a cloth like material right. it'll hold up no problems. had the first pair for 1.5 years and outside they are perfect, just my top hand palm is black from using the black tape haha.

good choice :)

Is there a reason to be specific about White Tape? I thought all tapes (apart from sock tape) are the same in purpose despite the colour.

B-DiZzLe 02-10-2009 04:33 PM

Buy new Gloves

KDawG[CRX] 02-10-2009 06:40 PM

people usually use white tape, cause black tape dye's the color of the palms faster, and typically, it leads to wear in the glove(palm)
urban legend says that black tape is a little stickier than white tape.. but i think thats a load of crap

saiko 02-11-2009 01:30 AM

Yeah, I used them in a game tonight. Very happy with them. I was deciding between the Eagle X5's and the 4 Rolls.

I used black tape with them tonight :( Probably gonna switch over just for cosmetic sake haha.

Once you go for something nice (gloves) I would imagine it'd be hard to go back to something I got at Canadian Tire (Easton Gloves .. they were cheap!).

Next time, skate hunting.. I have 8090's right now, but they're a bit big, looking to switch to something NBH. Is there anything anyone can recommend me from the supreme line up and not their vapor line up? Do stores still sell 8090's?
...maybe I should make a new thread..

blkgsr 02-12-2009 07:55 AM

go to scoff's on hastings near boundary.......ton's of skates

or the hockey shop in surrey

depending on your level of skill and the amount you play.....don't buy the cheap shit from sports check