REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

Does anyone else see this as a HUGE opportunity for the gangs to get people in on the inside?

I'm sure some affiliated people have the skills and can produce people to vouch for their character...
Advertisement
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #52
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Does anyone else see this as a HUGE opportunity for the gangs to get people in on the inside?

I'm sure some affiliated people have the skills and can produce people to vouch for their character...

I would hope that the polygraph, the background checks, and all of the other application steps would weed those types of people out.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #53
Rs has made me the man i am today!

One can only hope... Although you would also think that somebody wanting to infiltrate the criminal justice system by becoming a peace officer, with the intent to use their position to further help their gang buddies, wouldn't be intelligent enough to accomplish this in the first place. That's a whole other topic though, hah.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #54
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
The criminals already have infiltrated moles into Police systems through civillian employees as clerks, secretaries, office employees etc. I remember one major event where several of the the cleaning staff were directly associated to the Hell's Angels and I know of one Govt location where bar staff also had biker connections.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #55
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

A few questions regarding the application process...
I'm 19 right now. I am still a year away from my Class 5 test. Should I take the Police Aptitude Test now?
For background check, will they have prejudice against people with simple, conserved social networks? For example, I don't have much volunteer experiences neither do I have any work experiences. I don't do drugs, neither do I know anyone that do drugs. However, I do have 3 Motor Vehicle Act violations, still in the dispute process. What are the chances of them hiring me?
1WayFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #56
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Your better off to wait.
You cant write the RPAT unless you meet the basic requirements (class 5 drivers license is one of them)

Your better off getting some life experience. Go work and get some volunteer experience.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #57
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukkeneh240 View Post
bah... my application got concluded last week because I'm related to someone through my sister's marriage who has criminal associations. Even though I do not associate myself with my sister's husband nor his family, they concluded my file. They basically told me to distance myself from from "those people", basically my sister, because she chose to marry the wrong person. From the get go, I chose to cut off my old friends who used drugs, but now I have to cut off my own sister. Go figure. When they say "you can't choose your family".. well.. I guess you can.

so after almost a year of passing everything else, the security clearance, which is the last stage before depot has stop my application. They told me I can apply to re-activate my file after a year of proving that I distanced myself... but in the end no matter what I do, even though I am making the difficult choice of cutting off my sister for good (she understands), I think they will still not hire me because in the end I will still be related to her.

I spoke to a VPD recruiter this past weekend about my situation and he said "the RCMP does funny things like that" and to get my application in ASAP with them.

Sorry for the long post. In the end I have nothing to hide as I made all the right choices and surround myself with positive people. They even said that I didnt do anything wrong, just that I'm "too close". okay, whatever that means.

The way I look at it, it is just a bump in the road called life. I might re-apply in a year, but as of now I am going to apply with the VPD and other places. Seriously thinking of EPS and CPS.

that...is fuked...sorry to off-topic the thread.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #58
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WayFit View Post
A few questions regarding the application process...
I'm 19 right now. I am still a year away from my Class 5 test. Should I take the Police Aptitude Test now?
For background check, will they have prejudice against people with simple, conserved social networks? For example, I don't have much volunteer experiences neither do I have any work experiences. I don't do drugs, neither do I know anyone that do drugs. However, I do have 3 Motor Vehicle Act violations, still in the dispute process. What are the chances of them hiring me?
Yeah, ur better off to wait.. most applicants they hire in their teens bring significant life experience to the table.

There's a reason that the average new recruit is 27-28yrs old, not to say that a 19 year old can never get in, it's just rather slim.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #59
MOD

Everyone at the info session appear to be in their late 20's or early 30's.

Quote:

Old 03-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post

infernal affairs is real y'all
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #61
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaptik View Post
infernal affairs is real y'all
haha. that's what I was thinking... oh wait wait.. it's "the departed" for the north american folks.

to reply to GT-R R34. It was upsetting but oh well, it's part of life. I have other opportunities and applied to other agencies. I finally got my conclusion letter last week and it says that I meet the requirements to be a peace officer with the RCMP, but my entire file basically doesn't fit. Time to challenge/appeal this decision
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #62
MOD

^^ Any progress with other agencies?

Quote:

Last edited by Gh0stRider; 03-30-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:22 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD604 View Post
^^ Any progress with other agencies?
my vpd written exam is this week. also still trying to find a place that does night vision testing. it's harder to find then you think, but both EPS and CPS require it. i also applied to CBSA about a week ago.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 AM   #64
MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukkeneh240 View Post
my vpd written exam is this week. also still trying to find a place that does night vision testing. it's harder to find then you think, but both EPS and CPS require it. i also applied to CBSA about a week ago.
Good to hear. Good Luck!

Quote:

Old 05-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #65
NSX
NA1

Hey guys, so what is the deal with the RCMP dental check? (medical stage). What are they checking? If I still have all 4 wisdom teeth, will they make you yank it all out before depot?
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #66
MOD

I believe they are checking for any dental problems that could cause problems while at depot.

Quote:

Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #67
I bringith the lowerballerith

Any outstanding issues (cavities, etc) need to be taken care of and will be paid for by you. If the issue isn't something that needs to be dealt with right away, but at some point in the future, that is noted on the dentist's assessment and kept on your file. You'll have to take care of it out of your pocket when the time comes and won't be able to bill it through the RCMP.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #68

I was also told by the medical person/clerk that they need an up to date x-ray in case they need to identify your remains. it makes sense.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #69
Banned (ABWS)

Sorry to bump this thread, but it is pretty interesting, and I've got a few questions.

I wrote the RCMP entrance exam and I passed. Got my package in the mail today.

Package consists of pre-lie detector questions, need to get my thumbs inked, and some general information.

I need to hand in the full package by 2 months from now. The officer at the info session told me I have 5 years to apply (once you passed the test), is this true?

Basically I want to get in shape and do my physical test in about 4-5 months. Is that possible, or will I get a set time to do it?

And during the lie detector stage, will they ask for any names of people I know who may be in gangs, drug dealers, etc etc?

Thanks in advance.
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #70
I bringith the lowerballerith

Everything they ask is laid out in the pre-polygraph questionnaire. For your PARE, I can't remember exactly, but I thought the results had to be handed in as part of the information package. If you're not in good enough shape to run the PARE now, perhaps you should have held off the application process a bit/started exercising sooner. The PARE itself isn't all that hard, but the fitness stuff they put you through is pretty exhausting. My troop had some pretty in-shape people and there wasn't one person who put in a decent effort that wasn't drenched in sweat from head to toe after a fitness class.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #71
NSX
NA1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro32 View Post
Sorry to bump this thread, but it is pretty interesting, and I've got a few questions.

I wrote the RCMP entrance exam and I passed. Got my package in the mail today.

Package consists of pre-lie detector questions, need to get my thumbs inked, and some general information.

I need to hand in the full package by 2 months from now. The officer at the info session told me I have 5 years to apply (once you passed the test), is this true?

Basically I want to get in shape and do my physical test in about 4-5 months. Is that possible, or will I get a set time to do it?

And during the lie detector stage, will they ask for any names of people I know who may be in gangs, drug dealers, etc etc?

Thanks in advance.
Hmnm from what I gather during the process, you might have got a few of the time frames wrong?

Check your letter again. It usually says 1 month(unless they changed it), to hand in your whole package. The pare is part of the package, so it should be done within the month. It should say that if you dont hand in everything by THAT date, your process may be concluded.

THe written test is good for 5 years, meaning, if you get deferred, you may not have to do the test again the next time around.

They ask you every possible thing in the polygraph. Its basically, your pre-employment package, + more detail. So be prepared to answer anything and everything.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #72
NSX
NA1

Quick question for the wise:

Case by case I know, but does registering higher than normal on blood sugar grounds for termination?

5.5 is normal
5.7 tested

Not a diabetic.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #73
HELP ME PLS!!!

So, let me get this straight. After I write my RPAT, I need to submit the rest of the stuff in and prepare for the PARE test within a month? what if I don't feel like I'm ready? I thought the RCMP recruiter mentioned that I have up to 5 years to complete my package after the RPAT.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #74
MOD

The RPAT test results are good for 5 years.
You must submit all paperwork within a certain time and be ready to run the PARE.

If you feel that your not prepared to run the PARE, then dont write the RPAT yet.

Quote:

Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #75
Banned (BBM)

Curious, I wrote my RPAT back in 2007. I was diferred until Nov of this year. What is the process to start up again come later this year? I forget how the process starts to begin my application where I left off.
mgarba is offline   Reply With Quote