REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Fence Issues with Neighbour (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562912-fence-issues-neighbour.html)

Neoxphuse 01-31-2009 04:43 PM

Fence Issues with Neighbour

So I am having issues with my neighbour. Back in September/October, our neighbour tore down his house to build a new one. Along with it, half our fence. We took pics and what not. However, then it started to slide, so he had to put some temporary shoring up there using fencing.

Fast foward to Jan. It is about 4-5 months now, and the guy has backfilled it to original grade. However, he is still not cooperating and it appears he wants to push the fence further into our property.

This fence goes around our house, and was there before we moved in. It is our fence. I'm getting tired of this bullshit, and will be yelling at him pretty soon. I wanna get this shit underway. His house is up, jsut the interior stuff to do. He had no right to bring that fence down in the first place. And now he is acting like he can put it up anytime.

Property is in Surrey. Any suggestions. I wanna bring this to a lawyer/small claims court.

!Tigger 01-31-2009 08:47 PM

go to city hall and get the property blueprint or whatever and see what part is yours. then if hes over your property call a laywer to see what they can do

Shun Izaki 02-02-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbone (Post 6257011)
go to city hall and get the property blueprint or whatever and see what part is yours. then if hes over your property call a laywer to see what they can do

Yeah, pretty much the only way to go is to grab those property lines.Then it's really just a matter of reasoning with him

aznrsx1979 02-02-2009 07:38 AM

Go to city hall and find out the where the lot lines are. There should be markers at the corners of the property to.

You can probably call the Building Department and they may be able to point you in a better direction.

johny 02-02-2009 04:02 PM

put up an electric fence.

_Hotsauce_ 02-04-2009 10:41 AM

I don't really understand what the problem is? The neighbor destroyed your fence and is refusing to replace it? Get the police involved as this is techinally vandalism.

Lomac 02-04-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Hotsauce_ (Post 6263055)
I don't really understand what the problem is? The neighbor destroyed your fence and is refusing to replace it? Get the police involved as this is techinally vandalism.

It depends on whose side of the property line the fence was on. If the fence was on the OP's side of the property then yes. However, if it was on the neighbor's land, then legally they can do whatever they want with it.

To the OP, if the neighbor has a pool or any sizable puddle of water (read: pond, etc) then legally he needs to have a fence surrounding his property at all times. If this is the case, you can definitely get things moving by going to the bylaw office as it's illegal to leave something like that unprotected.

Vansterdam 02-04-2009 12:43 PM

reminds me of that king of the hill episode where dale wants to build a guardtower and a electric fence around his house :lol

racerman88 02-08-2009 10:45 AM

ask for a property inspector from the city to come and inspect.

shenmecar 02-08-2009 11:12 AM

well you dont need an inspector, just the blueprints.

racerman88 02-08-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6269943)
well you dont need an inspector, just the blueprints.

the inspector would have more of an effect. That way he knows he has to be careful.