REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   could workout causing this pain/injury? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562939-could-workout-causing-pain-injury.html)

bobyu 01-31-2009 11:29 PM

could workout causing this pain/injury?

Hey guys... since last sunday, I feel this pain on my wrist. At first I thought to myself, this pain will probably go away in 1-2 days and it hurts because I either used computer too much or hurt myself somehow. After 3-4 days, I told my friend about this existing pain and he suggest me to get it checked out by a doctor to see if i got carpal tunnel on my wrist. Yesterday, which is the 5th day of having the pain, I finally went to the doctor and get it checked. HE said it has nothing to do with carpal and he said i might hurt myself during workout.

Here is the thing, if i did hurt myself during workout, is it usual for this pain to last for this long? No my fingers do not feel numb and the pain is not tremendous, it just hurts a bit when my hand is at a certain angle and put pressure on it. It sometimes hurt just a tiny bit when i write or try to wash my hair and etc..

Anyone had this issue before? Im just worried that I would not be able to exercise at the gym again :(

RayBot 01-31-2009 11:37 PM

I've had this issue before.

My left elbow and wrist gets this pain a lot from a lot of hockey. I'm sure you're going to get a second opinion on this, and get it checked by a doctor.....but i think u have a case of tendentious. If thats the case, its not something you should be worried about...its common to anyone that uses their joints excessively for sports, work, whatever.

If thats the case....get a lot of a535, and expect this pain later on in the future. No big deal.

RRxtar 01-31-2009 11:41 PM

ive gotten pretty used to various joints hurting every now and then i always just chock these things up to being normal. but im no doctor so dont take my word as anything more than an experience

bobyu 01-31-2009 11:47 PM

ahhh.. but what happens if i dont think it the joint problem... rather.... like pain from nerves and stuff =(.. it doesnt seem like my bone is causing the pain, but again i could be wrong... cause there is no way i can continue to work out with my wrist like that. sigh.....

RRxtar 01-31-2009 11:59 PM

take a week off and see how it feels? or goto the doctor?

teaoh 02-01-2009 12:09 AM

i had a bit of pain before on my wrist when i used to bench press. The wrist would hurt a bit but than after a couple days it would be kinda stiff. I just kept on moving it to keep the wrist from getting stiff. If it continued to hurt, i would run it under cold water. Hope that helps

TripleXXX 02-01-2009 06:13 AM

you guys are nuts, quit jerking off.

hal0g0dv2 02-01-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleXXX (Post 6257468)
you guys are nuts, quit jerking off.

yes that must be it

Nvasion 02-01-2009 06:51 PM

i get that from hockey.. but since i stopped playing (off season) its fine..

chucky200 02-06-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobyu (Post 6257256)
ahhh.. but what happens if i dont think it the joint problem... rather.... like pain from nerves and stuff =(.. it doesnt seem like my bone is causing the pain, but again i could be wrong... cause there is no way i can continue to work out with my wrist like that. sigh.....

Go see a sports physiotherapist. They tell you more then a doctor for sports related injuries. At least that's what I've found.

RayBot 02-06-2009 01:05 PM

^^ Well, if you see a sports physiotherapist, you could very well be charged the time a physiotherapist charges. Considering your visit to the doctor should be covered, and your doctor refers the proper physiotherapy for your condition....your doctor SHOULD know best.