REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking (https://www.revscene.net/forums/562954-allen-carrs-easy-way-stop-smoking.html)

JSALES 02-01-2009 01:54 AM

Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking

Has anyone read this book? If you have, did you actually quit smoking or heard of someone who's read the book and has? Might try reading it to see if it actually works

hamsup 02-02-2009 08:36 AM

i've heard it worked for a few people. i hav ea copy as well.. never finished reading it.. it was pretty boring

Slab_Ryda 02-02-2009 08:59 AM

quitting smoking via death by boredom?

Berzerker 02-02-2009 09:47 AM

As a non smoker I will never fully understand what it's like be addicted to it but.... how hard is it really to quit? If your that interested in quitting that you would read a book or whatever, isn't that more than enough to just try and stop on you own? What is a book going to tell you that you don't already know? Not trying to sound argumentative just curious. I would think the fact that you ACTUALLY want to quit is most important thing.

On a total side note... my whole family smoked, mom, aunts uncles grandparents when I was young. My grandmother died of lung cancer from smoking and after that everyone in my family quit. They used these self hypnosis cassette tapes. I can't remember the program but you just put in a tape put on some headphones and listen. There were a series of tapes and EVERY single member of my family quit smoking using them. I don't know if it was the tapes or simply the desire to not end up like my grandmother but... something worked.

I wish you luck in quitting... smoking is one of the most pointless activities I can think of.

Berz out.

BoneThug 02-02-2009 11:03 PM

its a habit. like cracking your neck or your knuckles. how many times a day do you do that without thinking? when i was quiting id be surprised to find myself smoking. the worst was driving. theres just nothing like a good smoke, open road, and loud music. its heaven. i was only able to stop cause i put my car away for the winter. will probably smoke again when i get it back. its too hard to own a car and not smoke.

CanadaGoose 02-03-2009 04:48 PM

i'm trying to cut down, so i only have a cigarette after sex....i'm down to about 8 packs a day now

BoneThug 02-03-2009 06:23 PM

1 step at a time

JSALES 02-03-2009 09:47 PM

edit

BoneThug 02-03-2009 10:13 PM

sarcasm

Alphamale 02-04-2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneThug (Post 6262404)
sarcasm

He doesn't get it.

!SG 02-04-2009 10:26 AM

then you become a nympho, and cant figure out why ur up to a pack a day...

Quote:

Originally Posted by E N D L E S S (Post 6261561)
i'm trying to cut down, so i only have a cigarette after sex....i'm down to about 8 packs a day now

!SG 02-04-2009 10:30 AM

i go thru these spurts of chain smoking. some times, i go thru a few days without wanting a single cig, but some days, i can finish a pack. stress is partial, but even non stressful days, i can go thru a chain smoking spell.

smoking keeps me sane. all in all, its not healthy, but i see worse vices in the world.

do i want to quit? eventually, but its somewhat managable, and im not smoking 2 packs a day anymore. on avg, 4-5 ciggies a day =)

JSALES 02-06-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6259010)
As a non smoker I will never fully understand what it's like be addicted to it but.... how hard is it really to quit? If your that interested in quitting that you would read a book or whatever, isn't that more than enough to just try and stop on you own? What is a book going to tell you that you don't already know? Not trying to sound argumentative just curious. I would think the fact that you ACTUALLY want to quit is most important thing.

On a total side note... my whole family smoked, mom, aunts uncles grandparents when I was young. My grandmother died of lung cancer from smoking and after that everyone in my family quit. They used these self hypnosis cassette tapes. I can't remember the program but you just put in a tape put on some headphones and listen. There were a series of tapes and EVERY single member of my family quit smoking using them. I don't know if it was the tapes or simply the desire to not end up like my grandmother but... something worked.

I wish you luck in quitting... smoking is one of the most pointless activities I can think of.

Berz out.

yeah, i have a friend who quit by using hypnosis but i don't know if it was done through cassette tapes

ek1 03-04-2009 10:33 PM

i quit smoking. what i did was i told myself im quitting and wrote down or thought about why i wanted to. then i try n avoided those "friends" that always ask to just hang out and go for a smoke and avoided activities that made me want to smoke. to me it was alot more of a basic habit than an addiction such as after i ate pho or had coffee, played poker, or after work i craved a smoke. its like turning on my computer in the morning thats a habit i do if i just stopped outta nowhere it kind of feels weird. but yea cold turkey for me. willpower thats what its all about, really wanting to quit no patches,gum, n crap its just all about dedication and ur will

Quicksilver 03-05-2009 06:04 PM

it's a really good book. I have smoked for years, and I read it. It actually did quite a bit to curb the desire to smoke, however I did not quit after reading it because I wasn't ready to. I'm sure if I re-read it now that I'm in the proper mind set, I might actually have success. I do know a few people who have read it and quit as well, which is why I decided to read it myself. Good luck!