REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

2nd ticket, somewhat long read.

currently im N.
I had my first ticket for running a red over a year ago and when i got that ticket i got a probation notice shortly after. Does anyone know what probation means and how long probation lasts? IIRC, the notice never said anything about when the probation ends.
recently got a speeding ticket (21-40km/h over) my 2nd ticket
My main concern is that when this current speeding ticket gets on the record = license suspend?

I have my class 5 coming up in 2 month, and I really really dont want to wait another 2 years.

If I'm bound to get a suspension I want to try and delay my ticket getting on record so i have thought of these:

I'm thinking of the paying this ticket on the 30th day from the day (end of feb) i got it so, it will take that much time to process.
or
dispute this ticket, hopefully get a late court date, take my road test, and then not show up and then pay the fine, because I know i was speeding and the cop was lenient on the ticket.

For option 2, as i said the cop was lenient on the ticket, and he issued me the lower one, but he said i can dispute it but if i dispute it, he will ask the judge to raise it to the excessive one.

Im scared that, he will get a notice of dispute or something and from that point he will raise/give another my ticket even before the court date?(is he able to?)? eventhough my intentions are only delaying the process and not actually fighting for the cancellation of the ticket.

Will i be able to take my road test with a dispute in process?

before i get flamed, I admit my wrong.
If you guys can say that I'm in the clear for a suspension, id be glad to pay my ticket right now.

thanks for long read.
Advertisement
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:57 AM   #2
The "You'd Know" Moderator

If I am not mistaken, probation is around 2 years. So are you sure that you are eligible to take the class 5 test in 2 months?

Paying the ticket means the offense date is the date you are guilty of the offense. Disputing the ticket and lose means you are guilty of the offense on the court date.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If you manage to get your class 5 before the court date, then you can just write to the court and tell them you've decided to pay...I think. Then you won't have to go through the proceedings at court with the officer there.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

thanks for the replies but no one seems to be sure.
anyone have a similar case in which two tickets were at least a year apart and did or did not get there license suspended during N?
two years for a probation? damnnnn?
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If you file a dispute for the ticket, you will most likely not get a court day before 2 months. So, get your Class 5 done during that time and then pay off the ticket after your class 5. If you still get prohibited, at least when you get back your license, it'll be a Class 5.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
currently im N.
I had my first ticket for running a red over a year ago and when i got that ticket i got a probation notice shortly after. Does anyone know what probation means and how long probation lasts? IIRC, the notice never said anything about when the probation ends.
recently got a speeding ticket (21-40km/h over) my 2nd ticket
My main concern is that when this current speeding ticket gets on the record = license suspend?

I have my class 5 coming up in 2 month, and I really really dont want to wait another 2 years.

If I'm bound to get a suspension I want to try and delay my ticket getting on record so i have thought of these:

I'm thinking of the paying this ticket on the 30th day from the day (end of feb) i got it so, it will take that much time to process.
or
dispute this ticket, hopefully get a late court date, take my road test, and then not show up and then pay the fine, because I know i was speeding and the cop was lenient on the ticket.

For option 2, as i said the cop was lenient on the ticket, and he issued me the lower one, but he said i can dispute it but if i dispute it, he will ask the judge to raise it to the excessive one.

Im scared that, he will get a notice of dispute or something and from that point he will raise/give another my ticket even before the court date?(is he able to?)? eventhough my intentions are only delaying the process and not actually fighting for the cancellation of the ticket.

Will i be able to take my road test with a dispute in process?

before i get flamed, I admit my wrong.
If you guys can say that I'm in the clear for a suspension, id be glad to pay my ticket right now.

thanks for long read.

I'm in a similiar situation and what I'm doing right now is disputing it and then taking my class 5 in March and THEN paying it. ( I probably will pay it before the court date which I heard takes about a year... so if you dispute now you'll probably get a court date late this year or early next year. ) I'm not sure but I chose to dispute the allegations rather the fine because I'm assuming that if you're disputing the fine and not the allegation then basically you admit to the offence and are therefore served with the points.
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
The "You'd Know" Moderator

You should call ICBC and see when is your probation up. You won't be able to take the Class 5 while still on probation.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
e-thugger*

I got my second ticket two years to the month after my first ticket on my N. Still lost my license (both basic speeding, 3 points). Sounds like a two year probation, and I probably missed it by days.