REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Wrist support for strength training (https://www.revscene.net/forums/563161-wrist-support-strength-training.html)

chucky200 02-02-2009 09:41 PM

Wrist support for strength training

Just wondering if there's a product out there that will support your wrists while lifting heavy weights. I've looked at some sport stores/pharmacies but besides splints (which I have two of), there doesn't seem to be anything else that provides adequate support. Is there such a thing?

I have carpal tunnel diagnosed in both wrists; which has made them weak... upon strengthening my wrists VERY slowly through rehabilitation, I would like to continue to be stubborn and keep up with my weight lifting.

I bought 'weight lifting' gloves, which of course help with grip... but more importantly I need wrist support to decrease the pain.

Has anyone else gone through this?

-C :thumbsup:

L0uie69 02-02-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky200 (Post 6260187)
Just wondering if there's a product out there that will support your wrists while lifting heavy weights. I've looked at some sport stores/pharmacies but besides splints (which I have two of), there doesn't seem to be anything else that provides adequate support. Is there such a thing?

I have carpal tunnel diagnosed in both wrists; which has made them weak... upon strengthening my wrists VERY slowly through rehabilitation, I would like to continue to be stubborn and keep up with my weight lifting.

I bought 'weight lifting' gloves, which of course help with grip... but more importantly I need wrist support to decrease the pain.

Has anyone else gone through this?

-C :thumbsup:

buy some wrist wraps, i know sportchek carries some decent ones (12"). But if you need longer ones you would have to buy online as i have yet to find any places that carry any longer than 12" locally. I have these http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?P...PS_IRON_WRISTZ 20" and they are great for benching.

zarek669 02-02-2009 10:33 PM

forget the straps. strengthen your wrist through masterbation.

hamsup 02-03-2009 08:48 AM

well i have those harbinger gloves that wrap around ur wrist.. it makes a huge difference when you are lifting !!!!!

Wenis 02-05-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsup (Post 6260790)
well i have those harbinger gloves that wrap around ur wrist.. it makes a huge difference when you are lifting !!!!!

If you do want to get these, buy them off ebay. Shouldnt be more then $15 with shipping.

chucky200 02-05-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsup (Post 6260790)

^^ where do you buy that brand locally?

Thanks for the feedback! I bought some straps from sport check today. Gonna try them out on Sat. I'm liking the look of the support of the harbinger gloves however.

SkinnyPupp 02-05-2009 08:55 PM

Enjoy having puny forearms, if you ever do get big elsewhere

DaFonz 02-05-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky200 (Post 6260187)
:

You're just setting yourself up to get hurt more in the future.

hamsup 02-06-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky200 (Post 6265844)
^^ where do you buy that brand locally?

Thanks for the feedback! I bought some straps from sport check today. Gonna try them out on Sat. I'm liking the look of the support of the harbinger gloves however.

http://www.sportchek.ca/sportchek/do...&styleId=27571

i also bought them at sportschek !!! =)

chucky200 02-06-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6266001)
Enjoy having puny forearms, if you ever do get big elsewhere

^^Thanks. I'm not going for size, only for strength. I have a bad upper back (from an old car accident) that I have to keep strong/make stronger to prevent pain that happens when the muscles weaken.

Thanks Hamsup, I must have been looking right at them! Looks like I'll be making another trip over to check them out.

SkinnyPupp 02-06-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky200 (Post 6266824)
^^Thanks. I'm not going for size, only for strength. I have a bad upper back (from an old car accident) that I have to keep strong/make stronger to prevent pain that happens when the muscles weaken.

Thanks Hamsup, I must have been looking right at them! Looks like I'll be making another trip over to check them out.

I meant puny in terms of size and strength. If you are serious about using straps, you aren't "going for" anything, other than fail.

Wenis 02-07-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6266851)
I meant puny in terms of size and strength. If you are serious about using straps, you aren't "going for" anything, other than fail.

He said he had carpal tunnel, and wanted to continue his workout while strengthening his wrists SLOWLY through rehab... so he'll probably use the straps until his wrists are well enough.