REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   am i gonna get prohibited? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/563729-am-i-gonna-get-prohibited.html)

diesel_test 02-07-2009 12:15 AM

am i gonna get prohibited?

Today, i got a ticket for excessive speeding and failure to display my "N" sign for a total of six penalty points.

Another speeding ticket i got was last May and i think that's another 3 points.

For 9 points as a class 7 driver, is icbc gonna prohibit me?

jackmeister 02-07-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_test (Post 6268059)
Today, i got a ticket for excessive speeding and failure to display my "N" sign for a total of six penalty points.

Another speeding ticket i got was last May and i think that's another 3 points.

For 9 points as a class 7 driver, is icbc gonna prohibit me?

when i was N, excessive speeding was enough for them to send me an "intent to prohibit (for 3 months)"

this is, of course, after you plead guilty (pay the ticket)

diesel_test 02-07-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackmeister (Post 6268097)
when i was N, excessive speeding was enough for them to send me an "intent to prohibit (for 3 months)"

this is, of course, after you plead guilty (pay the ticket)

i can take my class 5 in 3 months. i'm deciding to dispute the ticket, should i wait 3-4 weeks before doing so?

that way i can prolong the court date until i can get my class 5 test.

CRS 02-07-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_test (Post 6268239)
i can take my class 5 in 3 months. i'm deciding to dispute the ticket, should i wait 3-4 weeks before doing so?

that way i can prolong the court date until i can get my class 5 test.

I'd worry less about the prohibition and more on the Driver Risk Premium.

diesel_test 02-07-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6268252)
I'd worry less about the prohibition and more on the Driver Risk Premium.

what's the driver risk premium?

CRS 02-07-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_test (Post 6268266)
what's the driver risk premium?

Uh oh! Hot dog!

http://icbc.com/licensing/lic_fines_drp.asp

dbeggs686 02-07-2009 12:15 PM

you will most definitely be prohibited if you do not dispute the ticket for excessive speed at least, but may as well dispute the N at the same time, go to court if the officer doesnt show up (which from experience about 90% of the time will not, (at least in kelowna) If he doesnt show up you win, you don't have to say anything in court they will just call your name and tell you the case is dismissed, and then you can leave, and if the officer does show up and your not prepared, you can either enter a guilty plea, or not guilty plea.

dbeggs686 02-07-2009 12:16 PM

What i would do is dispute as it will most likely be a year before you would go to court, get your class 5 and correct me if im wrong the tickets on your N would just be dropped? and even if they werent you have 12 points on a class 5 DL so you still have some leg room before you would lose your license anyhow.

cdizzle_996 02-07-2009 12:20 PM

Yeah you're done.

diesel_test 02-07-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbeggs686 (Post 6268514)
What i would do is dispute as it will most likely be a year before you would go to court, get your class 5 and correct me if im wrong the tickets on your N would just be dropped? and even if they werent you have 12 points on a class 5 DL so you still have some leg room before you would lose your license anyhow.

should i dispute the ticket as soon possible or wait 30 days before doing so to prolong the court date?

my earliest class 5 exam date is in may of this year.

CRS 02-07-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_test (Post 6268555)
should i dispute the ticket as soon possible or wait 30 days before doing so to prolong the court date?

my earliest class 5 exam date is in may of this year.

Don't listen to him. He's an idiot.

Seriously.

Your tickets from your N are not dropped. What kind of dumbass logic is that? Just because you moved onto a new license class doesn't mean that anything that occurred on the previous one is non existent. That is like saying "Oh I racked up $50,000 dollars on my last credit card but I moved onto a platinum from the same company, that must mean my $50,000 debt of gone!"

RETARDED. And as for officers not showing up, 90% is completely wrong. I HIGHLY doubt it is even close to that number.

Go dispute your ticket if you think you're not guilty of the crime. Otherwise, you're just a little bitch who doesn't take responsibilities for their action. I don't care if you're trying to not get suspended. You knew the rules coming into this and if you weren't ready to take them, you shouldn't have driven.

geeknerd 02-08-2009 05:41 AM

im kinda in the same boat as u and i also made thread.
from what others have told me and stuff its likely
1. You will get ur license taken away if you dont dispute. and then once you get it back, you will start 2 year N again.

2. You should dispute both tickets to avoid a prohibition .
I say this because you already had a ticket in last may and then now.
My bro (N driver also) got a passenger restriction ticket and than later on, a speeding ticket(not excessive) and still got his license prohibited for 2 month. (only 2 of your 3 tickets and he still got prohibition)

3. You got ticket last May = Your probably still on probation from that (from other people's replies from my thread, i was told probation is 2 years but you can call and find out.)
very likely you are on probation because i got probation on a red light tix and its 2 points, compared to your 3point speeding tix.
Which means:
3a) When you say "can take my class 5 in 3 months," if your still on probation, you cant!

So, if in fact, your on probation and its 2 years, the earliest you can take your exam is probably next may; that is if you dispute and the court date is later than that.

If you dispute both and get a court date earlier than next may, (chances are possible), your screwed because I'm pretty sure your guilty of those tix. = prohibition, DPP(you have to pay 640$ at end of year), and restart your 2 year N program.