REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   Need shop space in Nanaimo? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/563766-need-shop-space-nanaimo.html)

adrian_irwin 02-07-2009 01:35 PM

Need shop space in Nanaimo?

I rent a small shop near downtown (walking distance to LordCo :)) that I used to share with my brother. He has since moved back east for work, and won't be living out this end anytime soon. Currently, I am the sole renter of a small, one car shop. My MR2 is modified, but not aggressively, so I only use the shop from time to time for maintenance and the odd shiny-new-bit install.

I want to split the rent two or three ways. It's cheap, and it's tucked out of sight (+ stupid close to downtown). I've got a few requirements though, they're not biggies, I just want to deal with the right sort of crowd:
  • You'll want a compact car; it's not a big shop. A 2nd gen Integra hatch is a bit tight, but quite workable. MR2s, Civic hatches, CRXs, Minis, etc. will be easier to fit in.
  • No ricers, no street racers, no crackheads (hey, it's Nanaimo!)
  • I don't care if you drag, auto-x, drift or circuit race, but if you do at least one, big plus.
  • This shop is tucked away in a neighborhood and I know the people in the area, so no un-muffled cars, revving needlessly, burn-outs, etc. Keep it stealth.
  • No crowds.

Yeah, I know, I'm picky :D. But I'm just looking for a fellow gearhead that wants a place to work on his car in peace and quiet for less than the cost of a single hour of a dealership's shop time.

I have a number of hand tools (+jack +jackstands) and a wee compressor that is handy for boost leak testing and blowing crap out of crevices. There is shelving that you can store wheels and tires on, plus some room for other odds and ends.

There is no bathroom (but Timmies is close), and no running water in the shop, but there is a faucet on one of the other buildings in the complex that the shop is a part of. I just run a hose over, and wash my car there quite often.

Black SC2 02-07-2009 02:54 PM

I'm not interested myself, but I'm sure any potential renters would like to know how much the rent is. Good luck in your search, sounds like a good deal for the right person.

adrian_irwin 02-07-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black SC2 (Post 6268714)
I'm not interested myself, but I'm sure any potential renters would like to know how much the rent is. Good luck in your search, sounds like a good deal for the right person.

Good point. If I only find one person, just the space will be $75/mo. Two people will be $50/mo. each. If they need to use my tools, it'll be a bit more to cover wear and tear.

TheSmokeShow 02-08-2009 12:40 PM

Can you show me the shop this week? I'm very serious.

-Alex

adrian_irwin 02-08-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmokeShow (Post 6270043)
Can you show me the shop this week? I'm very serious.

-Alex

Yup. I live and work only a few blocks from it, so just about anytime will work. Just PM me your schedule or available times and we'll go from there.

One thing, the garage is a mess right now, I've been busy at work and haven't had time to get it squared away. I should be able to get it sorted and tidy by next weekend at the soonest.

Just out of curiosity, what's your ride Alex? Head to the track at all?

TheSmokeShow 02-08-2009 04:12 PM

pm'd you.

if you can remove my phone number from that post that would be great.

adrian_irwin 02-08-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSmokeShow (Post 6270321)
pm'd you.

if you can remove my phone number from that post that would be great.

Done. PMed you back.

adrian_irwin 02-15-2009 05:51 PM

The space is filled, thanks for looking!