Here is the situation, it is not me. and it's been settled, but just wondering. but here it goes
1. in Oct.08, Mr.A received a ticket for speeding for $113 USD in washington state
2. Mr.A did not pay the ticket, because he doesn't plan on travelling to US for a long time (e.g. 5 years down the road)
3. in Jan.09, Mr.A received a letter from the collection agency asking for $160
4. same reason as above, he ignored it
5. in Feb.09, Mr.A received another letter from Washington State saying that if he doesn't pay for the ticket within X amount of time, his BC license will be suspended and he has to surrender his license to the closest motor vehicle branch.
now, can authorities in the states do that!? anyone experience or heard stories regarding this? from what i have read, the worse is just arrest @ the border.. not taking away your license when you are in Canada