REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #3076
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Shout-out to my wife who continues to support my on-going dream of making it to the NHL.

Another shout-out to Danny for showing me how to take out the palms and saving me $60 from buying another one unnecessarily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160821_173918.jpg (206.2 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #3077

So I used the above gloves coming from 590 Reebok and blocker.

The biggest takeaway for me was how light they were, and how mobile the glove was. What I mean by that is that the glove cuff and how it attaches to your hand frees up your wrist for almost maximum mobility without sacrificing protection. Combined with the reduced weight, I was less fatigued holding my gloves out and up. It really was a big positive. As for protection- the Sr version really is top notch. I had a few bombs off the palm (still trying to get used to the catch angle) and I felt nothing. The pocket is nice and deep, and pucks that go in stay in (unlike my outgoing Reebok).

As mobile as the glove was, the blocker wasn't. It kept getting caught in my C/A arm. I'm going to try loosening up the velcro around the wrist. Hopefully it fixes the issue!

Long story short- the glove is amazing. It definitely lives up to the hype.

Removable palms!!!!
Old 08-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #3078
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Shout-out to my wife who continues to support my on-going dream of making it to the NHL.

Another shout-out to Danny for showing me how to take out the palms and saving me $60 from buying another one unnecessarily.
G3's!!! I want the glove. Danny is the go to guy for modifications... Ask anybody at The Hockey Shop. He will go there and spend 3-4 hours playing around with equipment
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #3079

How do you think he showed me how to take apart the gloves?

The glove is really something else. It's really amazing how mobile it is. I did win my first game of the season in them but I just hope I don't get too overactive with my hands haha
Old 08-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #3080
retired

Quote:
How do you think he showed me how to take apart the gloves?

The glove is really something else. It's really amazing how mobile it is. I did win my first game of the season in them but I just hope I don't get too overactive with my hands haha
The Ritual glove is also good for smacking s.o.b's in the chin after they hack you etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2016, 09:43 PM   #3081
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I loved my 18k catcher when new, felt like everything stayed in the pocket without even having to close. It has the goalie monkey spec propalm too. But alas it is breaking down, feel at least a couple stingers to the finger tips per warmup/game, and more pop-outs too. And my OG Rituals which have completely changed my game are aso getting tired. But hard to justify the cost for replacement now with little kids and limited time to play.

Especially having to drop to half time this season after the best season of my life 1.70gaa 0.919sv 3so
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I loved my 18k catcher when new, felt like everything stayed in the pocket without even having to close. It has the goalie monkey spec propalm too. But alas it is breaking down, feel at least a couple stingers to the finger tips per warmup/game, and more pop-outs too. And my OG Rituals which have completely changed my game are aso getting tired. But hard to justify the cost for replacement now with little kids and limited time to play.

Especially having to drop to half time this season after the best season of my life 1.70gaa 0.919sv 3so
My 18ks are still in good shape but I only replaced them because my wife asked what I wanted for my 30th and I chose new gloves Given that we don't have kids yet and I suspect that when they come we'll also run out of money for nice things haha

I know it's still a lot of cash, but 229 for the glove is an insane deal for what you get. The blocker is 20 less but a blocker is just a blocker
Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 PM   #3083
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anybody looking for new elbow pads? Have a pair of new, large Reebok 20k's I don't need. Also have a lefty p88ish 1x I don't need either.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #3084
x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
Anybody looking for new elbow pads? Have a pair of new, large Reebok 20k's I don't need. Also have a lefty p88ish 1x I don't need either.
How much you looking to get for the elbow pads?
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:34 AM   #3085
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
This thread has turned into a goalie gear thread hahah
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2016, 07:58 AM   #3086
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Yes it has. Let's get back to the important positions, F and D. Anybody interested in doing an RS skate? Season is right around the corner!
Old 08-28-2016, 07:08 PM   #3087
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I'd be down for a skate or scrimmage.

PSA.
Some Costco locations have a Tron synthetic ice pads 40x48 for $20.
These are the synthetic ice sheets for stick handling.
Saw them at the Willingdon location but not at the Production Way location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #3088
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

I hated the 18K. Couldn't catch with it.

I had the same issue with the 18K propalm too. Lasted me only 4 months before it started to break down in the palm. Hurt like shit every time I took a shot in the forefinger area =(

Get the G3. It's nice =D
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
G3's!!! I want the glove. Danny is the go to guy for modifications... Ask anybody at The Hockey Shop. He will go there and spend 3-4 hours playing around with equipment
Just got my new San Jose pro-return CCM pants too....

.....already modded...

LOL
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2016, 05:58 PM   #3090

Quote:
So I used the above gloves coming from 590 Reebok and blocker.

The biggest takeaway for me was how light they were, and how mobile the glove was. What I mean by that is that the glove cuff and how it attaches to your hand frees up your wrist for almost maximum mobility without sacrificing protection. Combined with the reduced weight, I was less fatigued holding my gloves out and up. It really was a big positive. As for protection- the Sr version really is top notch. I had a few bombs off the palm (still trying to get used to the catch angle) and I felt nothing. The pocket is nice and deep, and pucks that go in stay in (unlike my outgoing Reebok).

As mobile as the glove was, the blocker wasn't. It kept getting caught in my C/A arm. I'm going to try loosening up the velcro around the wrist. Hopefully it fixes the issue!

Long story short- the glove is amazing. It definitely lives up to the hype.

Removable palms!!!!
What's going on with the blocker? Any pics of the interference?

What kind of C/A, what size?

I've had no issues with their blockers and I have a CCM premier C/A
Old 08-30-2016, 06:21 AM   #3091

^ I'll try to get pics next time I'm out, but basically the cuff on the blocker is rubbing against the forearm pieces of my Reebok 11k c/a. I loosened it up as much as I could and it only rubbed a bit. I think when the foams and fabrics get softer in the cuff it'll be fine. The c/a isn't exactly known to be mobile as well lol
Old 08-31-2016, 11:34 PM   #3092

are you talking about the cuff where it's attached by a small velcro enclosure?

It's pretty wide. OR

Your 11K arm hangs too low, and pushes into the cuff? We should meet up, and let me take a look. I'm usuually pretty good with adjusting things like that.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
are you talking about the cuff where it's attached by a small velcro enclosure?

It's pretty wide. OR

Your 11K arm hangs too low, and pushes into the cuff? We should meet up, and let me take a look. I'm usuually pretty good with adjusting things like that.
My 11k arm ends just under an inch before my wrist. With the long weekend I don't have any games coming up but I'll try and remember to take a pic next time I'm in the room. I think with the C/A the wrist end of the very large elbow floater is rubbing ever so slightly into the blocker cuff.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:29 PM   #3094

So Methods, how are the gloves treatin ya?
Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 AM   #3095

Love them! Still a tad stiff but still closes without issue. I have trouble letting pucks go if they are deep in the pocket lol. Crazy light and I love how mobile the glove is on the hand.

Only 2 games with them on so far but I already sold my 18ks and won't be looking back for them. Just that issue with the blocker which I'll keep an eye on. It doesn't affect me too much but it is annoying if I'm trying to play the puck. I'm just too lazy to grab the gloves and chesty out of storage to take pics so it'll have to wait until my next game haha
Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #3096

LOL Glad you like it. It's a pretty good glove
Old 09-09-2016, 10:48 AM   #3097
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
Yes it has. Let's get back to the important positions, F and D. Anybody interested in doing an RS skate? Season is right around the corner!
F and D important positions? lol
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2016, 03:39 PM   #3098

As I mentioned before I still play out to keep things fresh. I personally don't think I can keep up the same level of play I'm accustomed to playing out longer than if I were to try the same as a goalie. I'm just thinking ahead to stay relevant

As much as I'd like to whore player gear, my current setup just "works" and nothing needs replacing just yet. I still love my x:60s and they're plenty stiff for another 4-5 years at this rate. Sticks are my favorite area to tweak but given I have a set of SherWoods to go through I won't be buying twigs any time soon either :'(
Old 09-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #3099

I get sticks all the time. Be like me. Just angrily break one over the cross bar every 7-10 games.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #3100

So I don't have pics but it's definitely my elbow floater interfering with the blocker. I may try moving the board forward and see what that's like, thought that might be too weird lol