REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:08 PM   #3101
retired

Once again, I go to THS for something simple (new mask straps) and I end up walking out with a new pair of Bauer S190 skates.

Cant wait to try em out. The guys there really helped me out and answered all my questions. I was debating between the 1S and the S190, and ended up with the 190s. They were also having a Thanksgiving 25% off, which really kicked in my impulsive side.

Advertisement
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:50 AM   #3102
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

yeah I know.... I walked in and ended up getting a new S190 stick and Ritual Pro Knee pads....
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:40 AM   #3103
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Ritual Pro Knee pads....
How are they different from the last set that Warrior released?
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #3104
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Anyone been to Pro Hockey Life yet?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #3105
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
How are they different from the last set that Warrior released?
The Ritual X Pros are quite a bit bigger than the G2/G3 pads. More plastic, a bit beefier foams overall.

My next set of knee pads will be these or Passau Gen 2s. I quite like the Ritual X pads.

Disclaimer: There's a thread on GSBB about how the pads "collapse" into itself revealing some unprotected leg.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:39 AM   #3106

It's also got much thicker knee landing foams on the Ritual X Pro leg pads. It's been pretty nice.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #3107
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Anyone been to Pro Hockey Life yet?
My buddy went. He says it's like a glorified sport check, albeit in a nicer package. He also says that when THS is running a crazy sale, that you can't do much better than that.

THSFTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
The Ritual X Pros are quite a bit bigger than the G2/G3 pads. More plastic, a bit beefier foams overall.
Good to know that they beefed up the knees.
I blew out my groin because of this shitty, yet confortable G3 knees. Took a shot to the inside of my knee while in full split mode, and the shock of the puck hitting the muscle pulled the groin away from the body. I was out for 7 weeks, and hundreds of dollars in rehabilitation.

That's when I moved to the 1S knees. Thanks Danny for hooking me up with those. The extra padding combined with proper stretching and training are keeping my knees safe these days.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:55 AM   #3108

^ No problem buddy. I'm enjoying the Ritual Pro knee pads ATM.

Today I officially called an end to the Koho pro dynasty....Sold them to a slut in Seattle....
Old 10-23-2016, 01:56 AM   #3109

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post

My next set of knee pads will be these or Passau Gen 2s. I quite like the Ritual X pads.

Disclaimer: There's a thread on GSBB about how the pads "collapse" into itself revealing some unprotected leg.
I still don't know what people are talking about with the "collapse". I've had 3 pairs of warrior knee pads and NEVER had that issue... =[

I'm almost certain they're not using them right....
Old 10-23-2016, 09:41 AM   #3110

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
My buddy went. He says it's like a glorified sport check, albeit in a nicer package. He also says that when THS is running a crazy sale, that you can't do much better than that.

THSFTW!.
If they can rival THS then I'd rather go PHL. Nothing against THS just PHL is closer to me and I work 10 min away. That's if I ever go back to playing lol
Old 10-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
If they can rival THS then I'd rather go PHL. Nothing against THS just PHL is closer to me and I work 10 min away. That's if I ever go back to playing lol
THS still has better selection and service. Pricing is pretty much irrelevant nowadays since most places will price match each other unless it's some sort of crazy closeout.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #3112

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
THS still has better selection and service. Pricing is pretty much irrelevant nowadays since most places will price match each other unless it's some sort of crazy closeout.
I was at Ice level today after work getting my skates sharpened and talking to Russ he said business hasn't changed much since PHL opened.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:08 PM   #3113

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Off topic..kinda. I was at Ice level today after work getting my skates sharpened and talking to Russ he said business hasn't changed much since PHL opened.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:04 AM   #3114

I never expected anything to really change because of the opening of PHL. Not past the first few weeks after the glamour has worn off. Hockey players are a bit of a picky bunch. We like going to certain places so we can buy certain gear off of certain people.

The THS lovers will still go to THS, the Sport Chek lowballers will still go to Sport Chek, etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #3115

I think it's pretty clear that PHL's location is a big turn-off. I can't make it during weeknights from where I am, and there's no way I'm heading there on a weekend to possibly run into parking lot issues. Not for a while at least.

Not only that, but even if PHL has a sale, you can bet THS is going to match it no questions asked. To me, there's absolutely no reason to go to PHL unless I'm in the area already.

Now, had PHL beein a more desirable location (say, Metrotown somehow), you can bet it would see way more traffic. Even from me.

But it's not, and I assume if you're not in Richmond/Delta/South Surrey you're not making the trek out there for things at MSRP.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2016, 10:18 AM   #3116
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
I still don't know what people are talking about with the "collapse". I've had 3 pairs of warrior knee pads and NEVER had that issue... =[
Speaking of knee protection, I took a shot off the knee with the 1S knee pads last week, and said "fuckit!!!!". I went back to the Passau and they work well.

It's the smaller thigh rise on my pads that is messing with me. That 1" difference between +1.5 and +2 is huge, as these pucks are just trickling into that hole. I'm stopping them, but damn son, it hurts!

So I went back to Passau and realized that sometimes change for the sake of change isn't good.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #3117

I actually moved from the older generation Supremes to Passau, and it seems as though the Bauers actually had more protection coverage (not necessarily actual protection).

At the "highest" setting, the Passaus are just a hair shorter than the Bauers. In the knee areas the sides of the knees are a bit more exposed compared to the Bauers as well.

That said, the Passaus definitely feel more comfortable to use. I'll give it a few more goes before deciding between the two pads.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #3118

I've had good luck with my Warriors. Too bad Steve...Shoulda gotten those Koho's from me LOL.

Where'd the shot hit you on the 1S?

Time to MOD YOUR GEAR STEVE. LIKE ME.

I added rib protection - I'll show ya next time we meet.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #3119
they call me the snowman

hahaha, I should be making my own frankenpads.

The shot hit me just above the right knee, on the inside where the quad muscle goes into the knee. Same thing the last time, except that was on the left leg.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #3120

^I've also taken a shot in that area. While it wasn't painful, I definitely felt it. Note I didn't have curv if that makes a difference, but it's part of the reason why I looked into other knee pads as well.

If the Passau's don't work out for me, It's likely Brown 2400 or Ritual X's for me.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:21 PM   #3121
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Anyone interested in a pair of brand new ccm ribcore 46k? Size 7 D. Got these months ago as my next pair but i got a concucssion and wont be needed them anymore. 300 dollars. Pm me.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 11:07 AM   #3122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
Anyone interested in a pair of brand new ccm ribcore 46k? Size 7 D. Got these months ago as my next pair but i got a concucssion and wont be needed them anymore. 300 dollars. Pm me.
Have a good recovery man. That sucks :'(
Old 10-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #3123
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanks! Barely hit my head, But hit it at the right spot i guess.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:10 AM   #3124
they call me the snowman

So, I played a div B game in Langley, and was really getting into the heads of the other team. Save after save, pucks in my glove, rebounds all directed to the corners, I was playing awesome. We're up 4-1, when I see a pass come from the corner to the stick of their open man in the slot. He winds up and takes a one timer that hits me square in the cage. My Eddy mask is a tank, and with the addition of the Maltese gel it took the shot like a champ, so I soldiered on. Told stripes that I was good to go, and got back into position for the next rush. Then, with 4 mins left in the game, they come in hard on a 2 on 1. P1 makes a pass to P2, and he lasers a wrister to the net.....

I didn't drop, but stayed low when he released his shot. 0.3 seconds later, the puck hit me square in the throat.

It took a second for me to register what had happened. I still had enough focus to slap the puck into the corner, where my d man picked it up and initiated a quick breakout. But I still didn't know if I was okay though. I pulled off my mask, took a couple deeps breaths, and attempted to swallow some water. Successful and confident in both, I figured it best to get back into it. We finished the game with a 5-1 win.

Huge thanks to the Maltese gel neck guard that I was wearing. I don't wear a dangler, so it's my only form of neck protection, and it did a great job. I have an ugly bruise on my throat now, and of course it's sore. But I know without the Maltese that I wouldn't be typing this right now.

I owe you a Pho lunch, Ballpeen!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #3125

Glad to hear that as I have one literally in the mail.

Do you have the most recent model (air frothed foam, not the liquid gel)?

I'm happy that it's finally in the mail, but had I known it would take 12 weeks from order to shipment I might've thought twice about spending almost $300 on it.