REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #526
Mod.
 
!Nhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: east vanner
Posts: 7,130
Thanked 1,767 Times in 682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Now, what do I do with 3 new uncut TO's?
USED Miscellaneous Goods ONLY - Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net
Advertisement
__________________
NiteShadow
flickR
93 Civic Si (RIP)
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #527
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
True.True's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 537
Thanked 68 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I thought I was in love with my P92 Total One, till last night.
I bought an Easton RS 85 flex Hall (old Sakic curve) 5.5 lie and I love this stick. It feels more balanced and lighter than the TO, and is whippier even though it is rated as an 85 flex. Now I know why Bieska and Edler are snapping a stick per game and why Rome has such a booming shot this year.

My only concern now is durability.

After 4 months of use, one of the TO's has lost some of it's snap and so 80% of my shots/passes are knuckle balls.

Now, what do I do with 3 new uncut TO's?
I agree that the 85 flex RS feels whippier than my 77 flex total one. But I find it to be quite blade heavy and unbalanced. And my slapshots have no pop compared to the total one. I've never been able to use the elliptical shaft for some reason starting with s17 to s19 and now RS. Back to total one. Gonna trade the RS in and try the APX
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #528
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,405
Thanked 3,214 Times in 812 Posts
Word. This is my 3rd pair of 9ks with no complaints, think I'll prob just try on the 11k and see how the feel but prob just pick up the 9k again
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #529
The Speed Syndicate
 
kchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,963
Thanked 2,324 Times in 449 Posts
Just started learning skating and I want to play hockey in the future,
Currently looking at the reebok 4 pumps (I think thats what it's called) it fits really comfortable for me compared to CCM
Any suggestions for a starter and where else can I look at gear instead of sportchek

Thanks in advance
Posted via RS Mobile
kchan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #530
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,781
Thanked 350 Times in 200 Posts
Any hockey store in town; The Hockey Shop and Cyclone Taylor Sports are probably the two most popular ones. There's other ones too like Scoff's or Larry's but I have not had positive experiences with either of them.
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #531
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: westside
Posts: 2,287
Thanked 1,534 Times in 437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
Just started learning skating and I want to play hockey in the future,
Currently looking at the reebok 4 pumps (I think thats what it's called) it fits really comfortable for me compared to CCM
Any suggestions for a starter and where else can I look at gear instead of sportchek

Thanks in advance
Posted via RS Mobile
Whats wrong with Sportchek?

Take advantage of this event and save some $
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/249906731724037/
skiiipi is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2011, 01:08 AM   #532
The Speed Syndicate
 
kchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,963
Thanked 2,324 Times in 449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Whats wrong with Sportchek?

Take advantage of this event and save some $
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/249906731724037/
nothing is wrong, but just want to know other stores so i can browse around and not count on one store

but thanks for the link!
__________________


TSS x Revscene Track Day Organizer

2007 Lava Orange Lotus Exige
kchan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #533
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 352
Thanked 31 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Whats wrong with Sportchek?

Take advantage of this event and save some $
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/249906731724037/
+1 for Sportchek in Richmond, actually, "Hockey Experts" I guess.
Great help, knowledgable staff, and great deals if you ever buy during F&F promo times.
I can't speak for other hockey departments at other Sportcheks, but the Richmond location is just as good as Cyclone Taylor or The Hockey Shop in terms of products and knowledgeable staff.
Posted via RS Mobile
Wilso09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #534
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,226
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Sport Chek Black Friday sale has Bauer Vapor X15 or CCM Vector V04 skates for $90 from $130, are they worth it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #535
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: westside
Posts: 2,287
Thanked 1,534 Times in 437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Sport Chek Black Friday sale has Bauer Vapor X15 or CCM Vector V04 skates for $90 from $130, are they worth it?
Good price for a recreational skate
If you are playing a few times a week, I reccomend coming to the DSC event and take advantage of the 25% off deal on regular priced skates.
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #536
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,226
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
I just started playing this season, with games once a week, not sure if I'd benefit much from a higher end skate, but at $90 it piqued my interest.

I currently wear old bottom-of-the-line Bauer "Supreme 2000" skates I found at a consignment store. My skating in general is pretty good; better than a few teammates that have played a season or two already as as I skated before. I find the fit of my current skates not so good, when the laces loosen up a bit through a game it feels like I am skating on mud and all my power is lost. Not sure if it's an issue of just me tying it tighter, or if a nicer/newer skate would help.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #537
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
mickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,781
Thanked 350 Times in 200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I just started playing this season, with games once a week, not sure if I'd benefit much from a higher end skate, but at $90 it piqued my interest.

I currently wear old bottom-of-the-line Bauer "Supreme 2000" skates I found at a consignment store. My skating in general is pretty good; better than a few teammates that have played a season or two already as as I skated before. I find the fit of my current skates not so good, when the laces loosen up a bit through a game it feels like I am skating on mud and all my power is lost. Not sure if it's an issue of just me tying it tighter, or if a nicer/newer skate would help.

Try using waxed laces. The stock ones are terrible.
__________________
My RS Feedback (34-0-0)
mickz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #538
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,226
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Ya I got waxed laces they still loosen a bit through a game, I gotta have em REALLY tight, so when it slacks up a bit I can really tell. But I looked up different lacing techniques that may help prevent loosening, will give that a try first.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #539
Sunday drives on 3 wheels
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,289
Thanked 1,792 Times in 946 Posts
Sonick, how old are those skates?
You said you skated before? Is it possible the skates are that worn out that the boot is flexing quite a bit?

Besides waxed laces, are your skated laced inwards or outwards? Someone here recommended tying my skates with the laces into the boot and it has made a huge difference for me.

As well, remember not to over tighten the laces as you do want slack to avoid cutting off circulation to your feet and to be able to skate properly.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
SumAznGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #540
RS controls my life!
 
belka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Failberta
Posts: 730
Thanked 621 Times in 178 Posts
Picked up an Easton RS in 100 flex. Gonna try it out tomorrow. I use an S19 110 and it feels very whippy for snap shots, the puck just flies off the blade.
belka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #541
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,226
Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Sonick, how old are those skates?
You said you skated before? Is it possible the skates are that worn out that the boot is flexing quite a bit?

Besides waxed laces, are your skated laced inwards or outwards? Someone here recommended tying my skates with the laces into the boot and it has made a huge difference for me.

As well, remember not to over tighten the laces as you do want slack to avoid cutting off circulation to your feet and to be able to skate properly.
Not sure how old they are but they are in fairly new condition, just a more recreational skate (probably something like you'd get at Canadian Tire).

They are laced inwards, but I'm gonna try the thing where you wrap the laces around each other when you cross them in the middle.

With these skates I like the lower part looser while the ankle part tighter, coz if the foot part is too tight my arch starts cramping. When the ankle part is loose, it just feels like all my skating power is sucked out and it takes way more effort to get up to speed as compared to when they are tight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #542
Mod.
 
!Nhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: east vanner
Posts: 7,130
Thanked 1,767 Times in 682 Posts
anyone know where i can find old mission ice skates to try locally?
__________________
NiteShadow
flickR
93 Civic Si (RIP)
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #543
Sunday drives on 3 wheels
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,289
Thanked 1,792 Times in 946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Not sure how old they are but they are in fairly new condition, just a more recreational skate (probably something like you'd get at Canadian Tire).

They are laced inwards, but I'm gonna try the thing where you wrap the laces around each other when you cross them in the middle.

With these skates I like the lower part looser while the ankle part tighter, coz if the foot part is too tight my arch starts cramping. When the ankle part is loose, it just feels like all my skating power is sucked out and it takes way more effort to get up to speed as compared to when they are tight.
If you are going to try that with the laces, do not do it with waxed laces.
It will be a bitch when it comes time to un-doing the laces.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
SumAznGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #544
Sunday drives on 3 wheels
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,289
Thanked 1,792 Times in 946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Picked up an Easton RS in 100 flex. Gonna try it out tomorrow. I use an S19 110 and it feels very whippy for snap shots, the puck just flies off the blade.
The EAston RS is a very very whippy stick. The 110 flex is going to be whippier than your S19 110 flex.
I think this is the reason why Edler is snapping a stick or 2 per game.

I agree about the wrist/snap shots with the RS, but I am still having trouble finding the stick's sweet spot with my slap shot. Some shots take off like a champ and some trickle away like I fanned on the shot. I definately get more consistency with my Total One.

TrueTrue. you were right. But I'm not giving up on the stick just yet.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
SumAznGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #545
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: westside
Posts: 2,287
Thanked 1,534 Times in 437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
anyone know where i can find old mission ice skates to try locally?
How old,

Pre-supple fit like Mission Flyweight, or Amp series is imo the best missions made, these are hard to find locally or even online.

Post supple fit, there is the "PureFly" generation, then the S500 generation, these u can still find on certain clearance racks in some sportcheks.

Pitch series, like the L series, L5s and so on....the shittiest mission imo, these are still avalible on most sportchek clearance racks.
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #546
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
Noir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,734
Thanked 1,291 Times in 533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I just started playing this season, with games once a week, not sure if I'd benefit much from a higher end skate, but at $90 it piqued my interest.

I currently wear old bottom-of-the-line Bauer "Supreme 2000" skates I found at a consignment store. My skating in general is pretty good; better than a few teammates that have played a season or two already as as I skated before. I find the fit of my current skates not so good, when the laces loosen up a bit through a game it feels like I am skating on mud and all my power is lost. Not sure if it's an issue of just me tying it tighter, or if a nicer/newer skate would help.

You just started playing so you might not know this but loosening is a common occurence for the duration of a game.

Even in the pro-levels, you'll see some guys re-tie their skate at least once in the benches. From what I recall, what players do to get around this is during warm-ups.... skate hard and put a lot of stress on your ankle movements so it loosens, and then re-tie it again before the game starts.



However, if you're like me where your foot expands during the game, you'll be re-tying quite often; since i like my laces real tight, but once it gets to hurt (due to tight + expanding feet), I re-tie it to slacken it up a bit, and then later re-tighten once my foot settles. But more often than not, I just get lazy and let it go unless I get frustrated.
Noir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #547
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 257 Times in 62 Posts
Hey guys, just stopped by Sports Exchange on Burrard they just stocked up 5 pro-stock Beiksa sticks of Totalone and APX sticks.. All in 105 flex, RH...
Wormiez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #548
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 26,806
Thanked 6,590 Times in 2,288 Posts
how much
__________________
Canucks - ftw!
Hondaracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #549
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
pharmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: -
Posts: 94
Thanked 459 Times in 29 Posts
X60 stick fire sale at Pro Hockey Life due to the release of the APX (Calgary, but also available online). Lots of PM9 left. I'm going to be sad when I break my last one.

Does anyone have an APX yet? How does it compare?
pharmed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #550
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,169
Thanked 257 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
how much
Forgot to post the price 175.00


They also got S19's going for 175
Wormiez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net