REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #751
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Equipment trees are one of the best things you can invest in. I just open up my equipment bag, stand the tree and then hang all of my gear on it. [/url]
The tree is nice. I was checking them out at the hockey shop, but ended up grabbing a couple of these Pro Lockers instead.

I'm anal retentive like a mofo, and everything needs to be in it's place drying out after every skate. Game days I have very little cognitive function that doesn't have to do with hockey, so it makes it so much easier for me with the locker. Plus it looks so damn cool.

I got one for my son too, so he can organize his gear. His pride level jumped tenfold with the pro locker, as he now feels like a big time hockey player.

It makes it easy for me when I don't have to yell at him to dry out his gear.

:

Quote:
As for forgetting pieces of gear, I always pack my bag ahead of time and I pack it exactly the same way every single time so I can see immediately what's missing.
Hahaha, you and me both.
From toes to head, everything has it's place. I run the biggest Brian's bag there is though, and my bag weighs in at just under 75lbs. It's a beast, so big I can't fit it in my Subie. But it has everything in it, including my pads and mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Noob question, but what do you guys mean by gayness factor?
I just jumped on the bandwagon, but I'm guessing the gayness factor is the simple fact that the bags are strict with organization, take up a lot of space, and cost a fortune. I wanted to get one for the boy, until I saw they were $300! That's a grip of cash.

Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #752
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Those pro-locker stalls are cool, I looked into making one but nowhere to put it in our condo. I just lay my gear to dry on a wire rack and it works great.

I like the idea with the Grit bags, especially for those who are lazy to pull their gear out to dry or have limited living space at home. I don't really see the gayness, my bag is always packed in the same order anyways and everything has its own place to fit the best, it'd be awesome if my bag had compartments for stuff. I'd just never spend >$100 on a bag, let alone $150+, and they are bulky to fit into a small car. I like wheeled bags. I'm carry my gear, I'm just lazy.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #753
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Did you build those lockers or buy them?
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #754
UFO

You can get the stalls for $150: ****Hockey Players****Sports Stall / lockers****
www.playerstall.com

I figure it would probably cost you $50 in materials and your own labour, but you could design it to whatever specs you need/want.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #755
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
My wife bought me one of those tree's. Works great since we live in condo. I stick the gear in my storage locker and my wife doesn't complain about the smell.
But in the winter time, I usually end up playing late and can't get into the storage locker thus I have to leave it on the balcony. This is where my heated bag comes in.

It helps dry my gear in the winter and fall when it is cold and humid and warms up my gear for me before my game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #756
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
The grit bags just look so fruity to me like you've got your gear in a purse
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #757

Man....I should consider myself spoiled. The storage rooms downstairs of my condo are heated! It's always cranked cause there are 4 of us with hockey gear, 2 being goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The grit bags just look so fruity to me like you've got your gear in a purse
Posted via RS Mobile
It ranks up there with stick bags. " Oh hey, let's protect your sticks from the elements after your game where it just took a beating for 60 mins".
Posted via RS Mobile
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #758

Ended up with the 11k rbk bag from hockey shop for $99

Nicest bag I saw going to 5 different places and reasonable price
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #759
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
You can get the stalls for $150: ****Hockey Players****Sports Stall / lockers****
PlayerStall™

I figure it would probably cost you $50 in materials and your own labour, but you could design it to whatever specs you need/want.
That's where i got mine from.
The quality of the lockers is awesome. I figured there is about $100 worth of materials as they use good hardware and nice wood. Cyclone Taylors is selling the same locker for $300, so $150 is a great price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post

It ranks up there with stick bags. " Oh hey, let's protect your sticks from the elements after your game where it just took a beating for 60 mins".
Posted via RS Mobile
Hey now, don't knock stick bags. I run 3 sticks per game and transport them in one bag so they don't beat up my car.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #760
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Noob question, but what do you guys mean by gayness factor?
The fact that you wheel your equipment around like a stewardess.

To me grit bags just fall under the wheeled bag category; and those are like Pink shirts to me. I have nothing against people wearing it, but it's just that there's no escaping that there will always be some associations to femininity with it.

Goalies excluded of course; but it's usually because I see most goalies sling their pads over their shoulder instead.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #761
they call me the snowman

Honestly though, if any of you were to approach me at the rink and talk shit about my equipment i would knock you out. Lets get off the whole "yohr bag is ghey" talk. Its embarassing and belongs in the fashion thread, not this one. Are we bitches, or are we men?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #762
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Honestly though, if any of you were to approach me at the rink and talk shit about my equipment i would knock you out. Lets get off the whole "yohr bag is ghey" talk. Its embarassing and belongs in the fashion thread, not this one. Are we bitches, or are we men?
+1, I honestly didn't see any kind of issue regarding the look of Grit bags until explained, and to be honest it's a pretty fucking stupid and insecure reason.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #763

If this is a gear thread, why not talk about bags?

If your some roller fag who comes over and plays Ice with pink gloves, I'm gonna call you a fag on the ice, of course I wouldn't say anything to anyone just randomly about their gear bag, I really couldn't care less but it's just an opinion that obviously others share regarding the bag

This is a gear thread, not a hockey thread.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #764

Honestly, I have a wheel bag but I never use the wheels although it does come in handy in the narrow hallways at RIC when there are several people walking by..

Quote:
If this is a gear thread, why not talk about bags?

If your some roller fag who comes over and plays Ice with pink gloves, I'm gonna call you a fag on the ice, of course I wouldn't say anything to anyone just randomly about their gear bag, I really couldn't care less but it's just an opinion that obviously others share regarding the bag

This is a gear thread, not a hockey thread.
Guess I shouldn't mention my bubble gum pink jersey.....
Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #765
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
What's wrong with stick bags. I want one but i'm just to cheap to by one. I bought a bag for my goalie pads so its much easier to hull around and they go into the back seat of my car a lot easier.
Is that gay too lol?
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #766
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
i use my wheel bag that i had since peewee hockey lol
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #767

Goalie are always exempt due to their gear..haha. But that's a good point on the stick bags and not scratching up the car...makes me wonder if I shoud get one when I take my VW CC to my games...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #768
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I upgraded to a wheel bag ever since I hurt my back, nevertheless, I don't see what's gay about those Grit bags or any other type of bags. They're also space savers so the locker room doesn't get too squeezed in.

What's gay is people with people always buying new gear but still suck at hockey (not applicable to newbies obviously).
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #769

Goalie are always exempt due to their gear..haha. But that's a good point on the stick bags and not scratching up the car...makes me wonder if I shoud get one when I take my VW CC to my games...
Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #770

Quote:
Guess I shouldn't mention my bubble gum pink jersey.....
Or Darthchilli and his pink laces.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
What's gay is people with people always buying new gear but still suck at hockey (not applicable to newbies obviously).
Applicable to newbies who buy top of the line gear when they are just starting out. a few guys on the Div 9 team that I subbed on had Total One or APX skates, RS sticks, S19 helmets etc...
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #772

good skates and sticks make a difference for everyone imo..

and if you buy totalone skates, odds are they are gonna last a long time for you if your at a low skill level

although if your "just starting out" its kinda pointless cause your probably at the point where you dont even know if you like hockey yet, but for an average player i'd say high end gear does make you a better player
Old 03-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Or Darthchilli and his pink laces.
No really...I have a pink jersey...but when I moved out of my parents place I don't know where it went...it's the truth!

Quote:
good skates and sticks make a difference for everyone imo..

and if you buy totalone skates, odds are they are gonna last a long time for you if your at a low skill level

although if your "just starting out" its kinda pointless cause your probably at the point where you dont even know if you like hockey yet, but for an average player i'd say high end gear does make you a better player
+1 or better yet, spend the money on a good power skating program and buy some mid level gear.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #774

Quote:
+1 or better yet, spend the money on a good power skating program and buy some mid level gear.
Nothing wrong with high end gear when you know what you are doing.
Tone's for sticks, 9k skates, pro-return pants. Really, I should have nicer shin pads since i block a lot of shots, but mid/low level shins will suffice for now since I am playing in lower divs. For sticks, I know what I like and what works for me. When I try a different curve or different lie or flex, I can tell the difference.
When I get my skates sharpened, I try to get the same person and cut a certain way. Anyone else or anything more or less than what I like, I can tell the difference.

But these guys are total noobs. If they took the money on their high end gear and used it on power skating and stick n puck, they'd improve a lot and to the point the higher end gear may actually help.

What good is a light pair of skates when they drag their skates.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #775

I meant that as advice toward noobs, which I pointed out quite a few pages ago. As for using high end gear, I've only started to get into those now after 6 yrs of playing ice. My so-called nice ops is now my warrior dolo and my Base OPS. But my real first high end gear will be my newly purchased S19 helmet.