REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #2051
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
rice cooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: .
Posts: 1,469
Thanked 214 Times in 81 Posts
i only have 2 sticks that i use and only play once a week, maybe thats why my sticks can last longer
Advertisement
rice cooker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #2052
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice cooker View Post
im 5'8 155lbs. i been playing long time about 20 years started in minor hockey. 1 stick a year sounds about right. but if u only have 1 stick and use it for everything games/stick n puck and do that 3x a week then ok it wont last 6 months haha
I have 2 sticks, but my backup is never used unless my primary breaks.
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #2053
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 827
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
HA! I wish it was that easy for goalies.

I'm on my 5th of the year....SINCE MARCH....T^T
BallPeenHammer2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #2054
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
True.True's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 537
Thanked 68 Times in 25 Posts
^ are you slamming your goal stick over the crossbar or something, lol
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #2055
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RevYouUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,031
Thanked 1,724 Times in 429 Posts
Lol, I've been using the same goal stick since I've started playing in net. It's a cheapy Itech too..
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #2056
RS controls my life!
 
belka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Failberta
Posts: 732
Thanked 621 Times in 178 Posts
I'm a dedicated Easton fan, I've tried the CCM's, the Total Ones, etc. Nothing feels as whippy and precise as an Easton. I prefer to take quick snap shots than slap shots, I currently have a few MAKO 110 flex and they're perfect. I agree that the durability is pretty bad as I go through about 3-4 sticks in a season, I'm on the ice with practice and games about 3-5 times a week. I just buy prostock sticks and cut them to my length to save $$, no real noticeable difference from retail sticks.
belka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #2057
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
I'm a dedicated Easton fan, I've tried the CCM's, the Total Ones, etc. Nothing feels as whippy and precise as an Easton. I prefer to take quick snap shots than slap shots, I currently have a few MAKO 110 flex and they're perfect. I agree that the durability is pretty bad as I go through about 3-4 sticks in a season, I'm on the ice with practice and games about 3-5 times a week. I just buy prostock sticks and cut them to my length to save $$, no real noticeable difference from retail sticks.
pro stock easton is still shitty durability as retail? lol. i remember when the Rs first came out and seeing Edler go through 3 in a game was brutal haha.
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #2058
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,313
Thanked 1,796 Times in 949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
pro stock easton is still shitty durability as retail? lol. i remember when the Rs first came out and seeing Edler go through 3 in a game was brutal haha.
I don't know about the other Easton sticks, but when I broke my RS on a slapper less than 30 days after buying it and then breaking the replacement stick on it's first game, I vowed never to buy another Easton stick again.

I remember 2 or 3 years ago, watching the Canucks play, I would see 5 - 6 broken sticks a game and Don Taylor would make his usual remarks about how they didn't go to Cyclone Taylors to buy their sticks.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #2059
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
True.True's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 537
Thanked 68 Times in 25 Posts
started playing again. Leg feels much better without screws. Now to shake off 6 months of rust
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #2060
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,313
Thanked 1,796 Times in 949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
started playing again. Leg feels much better without screws. Now to shake off 6 months of rust
Posted via RS Mobile
I'll tell Gil to call you out this weekend.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #2061
RS controls my life!
 
belka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Failberta
Posts: 732
Thanked 621 Times in 178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
pro stock easton is still shitty durability as retail? lol. i remember when the Rs first came out and seeing Edler go through 3 in a game was brutal haha.
Ya the first model R's were brutal for durability, snapped two in one year. Current models seem to last longer.
belka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #2062
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jaffray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: pls
Posts: 635
Thanked 292 Times in 55 Posts
Had a X60 stick but broke it in half during a game last season now got me a 20K prostock and loving it!

Anyone looking for a fishbowl from bauer? got one sitting on top of a cabinet collecting dusk
Jaffray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:11 AM   #2063
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
rice cooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: .
Posts: 1,469
Thanked 214 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
I prefer to take quick snap shots than slap shots, I currently have a few MAKO 110 flex and they're perfect.
u probly shouldnt use 110 flex lol
rice cooker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #2064
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,313
Thanked 1,796 Times in 949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice cooker View Post
u probly shouldnt use 110 flex lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
6'tree", 220. I played half a year in the bchl - defense, until I decided to get a real job I enjoy. Now I play rec/military hockey which is about junior B level without hitting. The 110 flex is awesome for snap shots, just a little flex and BAM! Off the glass behind the goalie.
Sounds like he knows what he is doing.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is online now  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #2065
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 827
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
^ are you slamming your goal stick over the crossbar or something, lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Haha I wish....I just play a lot (3-6 games a week).

I'm pretty rough with my sticks due to the style I play. I had my first Sher-Wood SL825 break on a poke check play, I had someone fall on and break my Simmons 9970. A shot shattered my composite Bauer TotalOne 4 games in, slap shot broke my last Sher-Wood SL825 at the handle, a foot below top of the knob.

Now I'm on a 27" RBK 8K composite, with a Sher-Wood P9950 foam core as a backup.

I'm going poor from all the sticks =(

NOW, Got shot in the throat back on monday. So I got this:
http://www.hockeycorner.de/bilder/pr...or-2013-14.jpg

Lots of heat buildup, but feel safer instead.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #2066
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Haha I wish....I just play a lot (3-6 games a week).

I'm pretty rough with my sticks due to the style I play. I had my first Sher-Wood SL825 break on a poke check play, I had someone fall on and break my Simmons 9970. A shot shattered my composite Bauer TotalOne 4 games in, slap shot broke my last Sher-Wood SL825 at the handle, a foot below top of the knob.

Now I'm on a 27" RBK 8K composite, with a Sher-Wood P9950 foam core as a backup.

I'm going poor from all the sticks =(

NOW, Got shot in the throat back on monday. So I got this:
http://www.hockeycorner.de/bilder/pr...or-2013-14.jpg

Lots of heat buildup, but feel safer instead.
do they offer 30 day warranties on composite goal sticks?
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #2067
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
True.True's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 537
Thanked 68 Times in 25 Posts
Fuck 2 games back into hockey and some fat Fuck Noob falls on top of my stick and snaps it hahahha
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #2068
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
Fuck 2 games back into hockey and some fat Fuck Noob falls on top of my stick and snaps it hahahha
Posted via RS Mobile
what stick?
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #2069
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
True.True's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 537
Thanked 68 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
what stick?
My one.9 lol
Guess I gotta use that custom rs2 now. Although I did score 2 goals the next 2 shifts with the backup total one p08
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #2070
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
My one.9 lol
Guess I gotta use that custom rs2 now. Although I did score 2 goals the next 2 shifts with the backup total one p08
Posted via RS Mobile
still have the p08 eh? I couldn't get used to that thing lol....
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #2071
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,413
Thanked 3,219 Times in 815 Posts
I dont know why I'm still buying easton.. break quite often. But sportchek had that stealth 85s for 100 bucks so I grabbed one of those. Hopefully it breaks in 30 days, or lasts a while lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
Every time I'm there I usually see Jgresch's name under "Best Lap Times"
Jgresch is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #2072
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
I dont know why I'm still buying easton.. break quite often. But sportchek had that stealth 85s for 100 bucks so I grabbed one of those. Hopefully it breaks in 30 days, or lasts a while lol
Easton def has great marketing and performance. Great if you are a kid or in the pros lol. Not very economical. If I was a pro, I would probably use Easton, TBH
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #2073
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Jgresch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maple Ridge
Posts: 4,413
Thanked 3,219 Times in 815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Easton def has great marketing and performance. Great if you are a kid or in the pros lol. Not very economical. If I was a pro, I would probably use Easton, TBH
hmmm haven't really noticed their marketing to be honest. Really don't follow or watch hockey. Just what a grew up using them so I stuck with it. The few times I ventured to RBK and Bauer I couldn't shoot worth a damn and didn't want to re-learn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
Every time I'm there I usually see Jgresch's name under "Best Lap Times"
Jgresch is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #2074
RS controls my life!
 
belka's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Failberta
Posts: 732
Thanked 621 Times in 178 Posts
If anyone doesn't like Easton, I have a couple Total ones available.
belka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #2075
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
If anyone doesn't like Easton, I have a couple Total ones available.
links
Spidey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net