REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #2401
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Got some new skates to play with. These guys will be out on June 20.
First impressions....Finally an out of the box fit for my super wide feet.

Advertisement

Last edited by SolidPenguin; 05-05-2014 at 04:26 PM.
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #2402
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

think there will be any good gear?

all i really need is a new visor

Giants Annual Locker Room Sale - Saturday, May 10th!
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #2403
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
All depends. Most players are bigger than me so equipment and sticks are a no-go. I usually go to these things for random accessories (bags, socks, jerseys, etc) than actual equipment. For a visor it'd be worth checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
Got some new skates to play with. These guys will be out on June 20.
First impressions....Finally an out of the box fit for my super wide feet.

You weren't kidding about super-wide feet. A EE in a Nexus boot? You must have duck feet!
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #2404

yeah .. well when we meet in a few weeks . you'll see that im not the biggest guy
im just there to pick up misc. things.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #2405

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
You weren't kidding about super-wide feet. A EE in a Nexus boot? You must have duck feet!
Yup, before I always had to stretch/punch/widen the forefoot of my One100 EE and APX EE. But now this is much better out of the box, even before heat molding.

The only other skate that fit without work was the old Nike Flexlite 12. Which is basically a Nexus800. The prior Nexus 1000 was actually a narrower fit than the 800.
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #2406
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
So, I played my first game with my new team at 8 rinks ashl.
Wore my vintage Vaughns and they performed admirably. I stopped 75 fucking pucks in a game where I saw 85 shots. That's 3 games worth of shots, in one game.

I'm now one of the top 5 goalies in the league with an .882 sp, and also one of f the bottom 5 in the league with a 10.0 gaa. Dafuq!?

In our defense the team we played should be a couple divs up, and they kept going till the end in an effort to run up the score so they get bumped up asap. I did my best to keep that from going really crazy, even though the number stings.

That said, I'm living the dream. A goalie with a team, is a goalie with an opportunity. Hopefully next week we'll play a team that should be in our div.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #2407

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Wore my vintage Vaughns and they performed admirably. I stopped 75 fucking pucks in a game where I saw 85 shots. That's 3 games worth of shots, in one game.

I'm now one of the top 5 goalies in the league with an .882 sp, and also one of f the bottom 5 in the league with a 10.0 gaa. Dafuq!?

In our defense the team we played should be a couple divs up, and they kept going till the end in an effort to run up the score so they get bumped up asap. I did my best to keep that from going really crazy, even though the number stings.

That said, I'm living the dream. A goalie with a team, is a goalie with an opportunity. Hopefully next week we'll play a team that should be in our div.
Dude I'm dying after 30 shots. I can't imagine what it's like to face almost 3x that!

As a present to myself, I used the current Reebok clearance promotion on GoalieMonkey to pick up a matching set of 18k gloves. I love my current 18k glove, so why not pick up the free pro-palm upgrade! I was using a V2 7000 blocker that I repalmed which was fine, but at the price I paid I might as well be matching up top

(I'll put up a formal FS thread once I receive the gloves, but if anyone wants a 18k glove used for about 25 skates and a V2 blocker with a palm 25 skates old, let me know! I'll work out a good deal if someone on RS wants them.)

Edit: FS thread is up and running for anyone interested!

Last edited by m3thods; 05-10-2014 at 11:29 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #2408

went to the giants sale at 12

so much garbage
i was in and out in 2 minutes.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
went to the giants sale at 12

so much garbage
i was in and out in 2 minutes.
lol was it stuff that didn't fit? Or just random stuff that you didn't need?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #2410
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Dude I'm dying after 30 shots. I can't imagine what it's like to face almost 3x that!
Man, i got home and alternated ice packs between my shoulders and legs. Still rode the bike for a bit after just to get fresh blood to my legs. I could do it again today if I had to, but it would still suck.

Quote:
Edit: FS thread is up and running for anyone interested!
Nice for sale combo, and what a great upgrade.
I'll show my buddy the ad. It could be what he needs to complete his kit.

Glws!
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2014, 04:16 AM   #2411

IMO garbage no one needed
Old 05-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #2412
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
As a present to myself, I used the current Reebok clearance promotion on GoalieMonkey to pick up a matching set of 18k gloves. I love my current 18k glove, so why not pick up the free pro-palm upgrade! I was using a V2 7000 blocker that I repalmed which was fine, but at the price I paid I might as well be matching up top
I almost ready to pull the trigger myself, 18k catcher and 14k blocker bc I'm a cheapass that way, just under $200 with the promo.

Props to THS to sort of get close to online pricing, they are selling the 18k catcher for $170 and the blocker for $160.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I almost ready to pull the trigger myself, 18k catcher and 14k blocker bc I'm a cheapass that way, just under $200 with the promo.

Props to THS to sort of get close to online pricing, they are selling the 18k catcher for $170 and the blocker for $160.
Yep I would've bought locally if this was possible:
  • THS price matched the 20%
  • They had (any) colour selection
  • I didn't have NEXUS

Otherwise, I saved about $50 after everything, so I couldn't say no to buying online.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #2414
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Mx3 skates 25% off at Sportchek, very tempting...
Old 05-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #2415
retired

Finally got the call I've been waiting for from THS. Have a confirmed date for my Warrior G2 set!. Next month still... but at least finally something is confirmed.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #2416

Nice! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Question for everyone: has anyone worn Reebok P4? I'm looking at this deal for 18k pads (in a configuration I'd be interested in), and I'm not sure how they fit. I know that Reeboks run long, and based on my atk/ftk measurements I should be in a 32in pad (17atk, 19ftk). That puts a 32+1 18k at just over 300 CAD. I had my eyes originally set on GNetik 5.0s (and the V series from The Goalie Crease, which seems like a GNetik pad just not officially one). But the V series runs at 600+tax CAD, and the 5.0s more. I'd be hoping to sell my old V2s for about $200, so I'm factoring that into the prices as well. I know I'm pretty sure I prefer a tighter leg channel which the Reeboks aren't, but that price is just too good to not try it seems.

I'm thinking just save a bit more for the V-series, but I can't make up my mind!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #2417
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
Yup, before I always had to stretch/punch/widen the forefoot of my One100 EE and APX EE. But now this is much better out of the box, even before heat molding.

The only other skate that fit without work was the old Nike Flexlite 12. Which is basically a Nexus800. The prior Nexus 1000 was actually a narrower fit than the 800.
yea my one100's are still a little tight on the forefoot..

how did you go about widening them?
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck View Post
yea my one100's are still a little tight on the forefoot..

how did you go about widening them?
Go to a reputable hockey shop and ask them to punch out the area that's causing pressure. Though if your whole skate is too tight, you can't do much about that aside from buying new skates with the proper width.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #2419
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Anybody with feedback on the P4 (not pro) chest/arm pad? At <$150, hard to find better value IMO. Some reviews say neck sits low, some say adjustments can keep it up. Consensus seems to be that its big and chunky, which I don't think I'll mind too much since I'm not too mobile anyways nowadays
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #2420

Quote:
Anybody with feedback on the P4 (not pro) chest/arm pad? At <$150, hard to find better value IMO. Some reviews say neck sits low, some say adjustments can keep it up. Consensus seems to be that its big and chunky, which I don't think I'll mind too much since I'm not too mobile anyways nowadays
IMO, it's way too flimsy. Take the extra time to save up for a beefier unit. As you said, the neck sits way too low and the padding leaves much to be desired. I feel shots in my pro level 11k, so I can't imagine what using the senior level P4 would be like.

If you're already looking on GM, I'd step up to the pro version and pay the extra dollars. Otherwise, The Goalie Crease has custom P1s if you fit a medium or bigger. Or you can go full custom and get a Simmons 997 which is on sale for $340, which I think is a steal.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #2421

The long wait begins.....

32+2
Double break
Tight leg channel
Soft knee recessed cradle w/ no outer flap
Adjustable straps
Red leg channel

As this is my first purchased set, I'm beyond amped right now. I'm not sure if I can make it the 8-12 weeks, but in case I don't I'll get my fiancee to sell it for a great price! lol

And the deal I got makes it so much sweeter. If any of you are in the market for pro custom pads, PM me and I'll send you in the right direction!

Last edited by m3thods; 05-20-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #2422

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post

Ben Scrivens! IS THAT YOU?!
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #2423

Went looking for a pro G2 glove at THS yesterday.....but found this so decided to give it a try. Here's the review:
Warrior G2 senior line goalie glove review - Goalie Store Bulletin Board

Also got a new RBK P4 C/A.....so.....my gear's up for sale too!

**Good to meet you in person, Methods! **
Old 05-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #2424

oops
Old 05-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #2425

Quote:
Quote:
IMO, it's way too flimsy. Take the extra time to save up for a beefier unit. As you said, the neck sits way too low and the padding leaves much to be desired. I feel shots in my pro level 11k, so I can't imagine what using the senior level P4 would be like.

If you're already looking on GM, I'd step up to the pro version and pay the extra dollars. Otherwise, The Goalie Crease has custom P1s if you fit a medium or bigger. Or you can go full custom and get a Simmons 997 which is on sale for $340, which I think is a steal.
The senior stuff is garbage. with C/As, just go pro or nothing.

I've had the 997, which was pretty good but had its own shortcomings. Specifically in the forearms, kidney/side protection and heart guard.

I got a P4 that I'm gonna use soon, so I'll review it afterwards.

I'm selling my TGC P1.....With extra belly/lower ab protection that I added....That thing's pretty awesome.