REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:50 PM   #2451
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Got it at totalgoalie. Would work out cheaper than local
Advertisement
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #2452

so......broke both my 18K composites this weekend. one Saturday and one Last night.

I don't think I've ever been so angry in one weekend. Especially last night where we lost in OT, on FOUR f'ing goals that were all luck of the bounce. Weird ping-ponging of pucks. IN A ROW.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were up 3 goals too. BS luck. Can't believe this shit.

/rant.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #2453
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
lol time to go shopping again
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #2454
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anybody check out the Abbotsford Heat sale yesterday?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #2455
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
so......broke both my 18K composites this weekend. one Saturday and one Last night.

I don't think I've ever been so angry in one weekend. Especially last night where we lost in OT, on FOUR f'ing goals that were all luck of the bounce. Weird ping-ponging of pucks. IN A ROW.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were up 3 goals too. BS luck. Can't believe this shit.

/rant.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #2456

Dunno why. I seem to always play with a lot of emotional intensity at league games.

It's almost like if I don't, my level of play won't elevate.

Weird =(

And expensive. =(
Old 05-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #2457

I once broke a stick out of rage. The resulting shopping trip made me angrier so I stopped being mad at any game I play. I just keep thinking "I'm not getting paid for this".

While I don't doubt that playing with some emotion helps, I do doubt that being full of rage helps with your focus while playing. If someone chirps me or picks on a weaker teammate you can bet I'll play that guy extra hard. But you won't see me hacking and wacking random things out of rage for the sake of emotion. Bad goals or bad beats are water off a ducks back for me, but I still compete and don't give up. It's possible to be focused and play with controlled emotion. Just need to find a nice balance.

Stick to wood if you insist on breaking sticks lol
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #2458

Oh well. I usually don't get THAT angry about it. Just last night cuz I came off of a catastrphic game saturday. 15 goals. Both goalies were fillers so we actually had to swap I was getting so upset. Couldn't stop ANYTHING. and last night it all just came to a boiling point I guess. When we're up SO MANY goals just to have the other team FLUKE out a win, it's bullshit. Mind you I wasn't angry ALL game. Just when they tied it up. And then when they won in OT. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

lol composite lasts longer against punishment. I find that given foam cores break in, they get weaker very quickly.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #2459
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Oh well. I usually don't get THAT angry about it. Just last night cuz I came off of a catastrphic game saturday. 15 goals. Both goalies were fillers so we actually had to swap I was getting so upset. Couldn't stop ANYTHING. and last night it all just came to a boiling point I guess. When we're up SO MANY goals just to have the other team FLUKE out a win, it's bullshit. Mind you I wasn't angry ALL game. Just when they tied it up. And then when they won in OT. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

lol composite lasts longer against punishment. I find that given foam cores break in, they get weaker very quickly.
suck it up and work on things in practice..

let's go stick and puck sometime lol
BLUETIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #2460

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUETIGER View Post

Yeah I wish....I don't have weekdays off anymore =(((
Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #2461

Quote:

whoa whoa which stick and puck allows shooting on goalies? IIRC 8Rinks didn't allow shooting on goalies.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #2462
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Stick and puck in fleetwood lets goalies come for free. Same as the Langley rinks.
I didn't know 8 rinks doesn't allow tenders for S&P. I guess they don't want the liability?

weird.

I'm off to the hockey shop to get my skates done. Got a training skate tonight, a game tomorrow, early am and 8pm goalie practice thursday, and another game friday night. I'm not leaving the couch this weekend, that's for sure.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #2463
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

RIC has goalies show up now and then and staff doesnt seem to mind shooting on them. They're also weekend snp at GPF
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #2464

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Stick and puck in fleetwood lets goalies come for free. Same as the Langley rinks.
I didn't know 8 rinks doesn't allow tenders for S&P. I guess they don't want the liability?

weird.

I'm off to the hockey shop to get my skates done. Got a training skate tonight, a game tomorrow, early am and 8pm goalie practice thursday, and another game friday night. I'm not leaving the couch this weekend, that's for sure.

Damn that's a ton of ice time. So jelly! What goalie practices do you attend, and how much? I'd be game once I have my complete set.

I want to get more goalie time out, but Surrey is too far for that lol. Maybe when my pads come in I'll be more receptive to the idea of driving out there for free stick and puck with you guys lol

Last time I went to SNP at 8 rinks, they said goalies can show to work on skating and slides but you weren't allowed to shoot on them as they didn't mandate full equipment. Things may have changed since this was more than 5 years ago.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #2465

The main thing is SNP for goalies are not that common. I know RIC had it but only on weekday during the mornings.

The main thing is SNP on weekends that allows tenders.

Anyone?
Old 05-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #2466

I'd be so down for some goalie SNP Saturday mornings

Seriously. lol
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #2467
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
So, I broke my Bauer one100 on friday night.
I caught the puck and dropped it to the ice to initiate the breakout, and as I passed to my d-man my stick let go in glorious fashion. Snapped just above the grip and sent the paddle flying at one of their passing forecheckers. If I wasn't shitting myself, it would probably have been funny. Good thing I had a spare, but it just wasn't the same. My ringer got high sticked shortly after, and we went down in flames.

Now I need a main stick again. The TotalOne is $250. Rich for even my blood, but I love the paddle, light weight, and Innegra blade. The 6000R is nice with it's offset grip. It also uses an Innegra blade. Cost is still in that $200 range and it's a hair heavier.

It's a lot for a stick, but I use my stick often. I don't go through a lot of sticks either. This One100 has lasted me over 150 skates with everything from roller to Div A scrimmages, and over 40 beer league games. Those are pure battles, where my stick is also a shield, and a weapon.

My backup One70 is still good and has little use on it. I could always go back to a wood stick, like the Brians. It's around the $120 range, which is a bargain if it works well.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #2468
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

haven't made transition to compo yet. i like my 9950's. generally pretty reliable and has good feels
BLUETIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #2469

In case anyone is in the market for a C/A- this sale ends today at Simmons (and it's a killer price)

Quote:
997 CATCHER/BLOCKER COMBO- $479.00
UL7 CATCHER/BLOCKER-$499.00
997 CHEST/ARM WITH BEEF UP-$299.00
997 PADS-$799.00
STOCK COLORS AND SIZES ONLY. VERY LIMITED. CALL FOR AVAILABILITY.
GRAF 5500 SKATES- $275.00
DR GOAL PANTS SENIOR- $89.00

CALL FOR OTHER SPECIALS.
1-800-598-9298
EDIT: Sale extended to end of June 8. Killer deal for the C/A!

Last edited by m3thods; 06-06-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #2470
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
lookin for players to play weekly guys

http://www.revscene.net/forums/69577...n-8-rinks.html
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #2471
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Did anyone go to the Canucks equipment sale on Saturday?

Ernie
Old 06-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
So, I broke my Bauer one100 on friday night.
I caught the puck and dropped it to the ice to initiate the breakout, and as I passed to my d-man my stick let go in glorious fashion. Snapped just above the grip and sent the paddle flying at one of their passing forecheckers. If I wasn't shitting myself, it would probably have been funny. Good thing I had a spare, but it just wasn't the same. My ringer got high sticked shortly after, and we went down in flames.

Now I need a main stick again. The TotalOne is $250. Rich for even my blood, but I love the paddle, light weight, and Innegra blade. The 6000R is nice with it's offset grip. It also uses an Innegra blade. Cost is still in that $200 range and it's a hair heavier.

It's a lot for a stick, but I use my stick often. I don't go through a lot of sticks either. This One100 has lasted me over 150 skates with everything from roller to Div A scrimmages, and over 40 beer league games. Those are pure battles, where my stick is also a shield, and a weapon.

My backup One70 is still good and has little use on it. I could always go back to a wood stick, like the Brians. It's around the $120 range, which is a bargain if it works well.

The Hockey shop will sell 16K RBKs for $70 USD+tax. 18K for $90USD + tax. I snagged a 18K last weekend. One of those should help you in the mean time.

i'd have to say though, just from experience: the heavier composites will last longer than the lighter ones. More carbon = more brittle. Less carbon = more fiberglass = more ability to take shock/flex.

Quote:

haven't made transition to compo yet. i like my 9950's. generally pretty reliable and has good feels
That goes for you too, Henry. LOL

BTW, I got a 27" 9950 with little use on it. Wanna buy it off me for cheap? =)
Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #2473

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
In case anyone is in the market for a C/A- this sale ends today at Simmons (and it's a killer price)

EDIT: Sale extended to end of June 8. Killer deal for the C/A!
Good thing I sold 997 C/A for $250. 3 months ago. HAHAHAHHAHA
Old 06-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #2474

Oh. almost forgot: Got my Warrior G2 Pro blocker in vintage black and white.

SOOOO AWESOMMMMMMEEEE

That being said, my P4 glove set's up for sale =)
Old 06-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #2475
retired

Quote:
Oh. almost forgot: Got my Warrior G2 Pro blocker in vintage black and white.

SOOOO AWESOMMMMMMEEEE

That being said, my P4 glove set's up for sale =)
lucky you! My G2 set should arrive in about 2 weeks or so. Confirmed shipment date for June 13th!.

How are you liking the blocker?
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote