REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #526
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Now, what do I do with 3 new uncut TO's?
USED Miscellaneous Goods ONLY - Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net
Advertisement
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #527
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
I thought I was in love with my P92 Total One, till last night.
I bought an Easton RS 85 flex Hall (old Sakic curve) 5.5 lie and I love this stick. It feels more balanced and lighter than the TO, and is whippier even though it is rated as an 85 flex. Now I know why Bieska and Edler are snapping a stick per game and why Rome has such a booming shot this year.

My only concern now is durability.

After 4 months of use, one of the TO's has lost some of it's snap and so 80% of my shots/passes are knuckle balls.

Now, what do I do with 3 new uncut TO's?
I agree that the 85 flex RS feels whippier than my 77 flex total one. But I find it to be quite blade heavy and unbalanced. And my slapshots have no pop compared to the total one. I've never been able to use the elliptical shaft for some reason starting with s17 to s19 and now RS. Back to total one. Gonna trade the RS in and try the APX
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #528
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Word. This is my 3rd pair of 9ks with no complaints, think I'll prob just try on the 11k and see how the feel but prob just pick up the 9k again
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #529
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
Just started learning skating and I want to play hockey in the future,
Currently looking at the reebok 4 pumps (I think thats what it's called) it fits really comfortable for me compared to CCM
Any suggestions for a starter and where else can I look at gear instead of sportchek

Thanks in advance
Posted via RS Mobile
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #530
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Any hockey store in town; The Hockey Shop and Cyclone Taylor Sports are probably the two most popular ones. There's other ones too like Scoff's or Larry's but I have not had positive experiences with either of them.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #531
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
Just started learning skating and I want to play hockey in the future,
Currently looking at the reebok 4 pumps (I think thats what it's called) it fits really comfortable for me compared to CCM
Any suggestions for a starter and where else can I look at gear instead of sportchek

Thanks in advance
Posted via RS Mobile
Whats wrong with Sportchek?

Take advantage of this event and save some $
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/249906731724037/
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #532
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post

nothing is wrong, but just want to know other stores so i can browse around and not count on one store

but thanks for the link!

TSS x Revscene Track Day Organizer

1991 Formula Red NSX - 3.2L ITB
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #533
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post

+1 for Sportchek in Richmond, actually, "Hockey Experts" I guess.
Great help, knowledgable staff, and great deals if you ever buy during F&F promo times.
I can't speak for other hockey departments at other Sportcheks, but the Richmond location is just as good as Cyclone Taylor or The Hockey Shop in terms of products and knowledgeable staff.
Posted via RS Mobile
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #534
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Sport Chek Black Friday sale has Bauer Vapor X15 or CCM Vector V04 skates for $90 from $130, are they worth it?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Sport Chek Black Friday sale has Bauer Vapor X15 or CCM Vector V04 skates for $90 from $130, are they worth it?
Good price for a recreational skate
If you are playing a few times a week, I reccomend coming to the DSC event and take advantage of the 25% off deal on regular priced skates.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #536

I just started playing this season, with games once a week, not sure if I'd benefit much from a higher end skate, but at $90 it piqued my interest.

I currently wear old bottom-of-the-line Bauer "Supreme 2000" skates I found at a consignment store. My skating in general is pretty good; better than a few teammates that have played a season or two already as as I skated before. I find the fit of my current skates not so good, when the laces loosen up a bit through a game it feels like I am skating on mud and all my power is lost. Not sure if it's an issue of just me tying it tighter, or if a nicer/newer skate would help.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 11-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #537
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
I just started playing this season, with games once a week, not sure if I'd benefit much from a higher end skate, but at $90 it piqued my interest.

I currently wear old bottom-of-the-line Bauer "Supreme 2000" skates I found at a consignment store. My skating in general is pretty good; better than a few teammates that have played a season or two already as as I skated before. I find the fit of my current skates not so good, when the laces loosen up a bit through a game it feels like I am skating on mud and all my power is lost. Not sure if it's an issue of just me tying it tighter, or if a nicer/newer skate would help.

Try using waxed laces. The stock ones are terrible.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #538

Ya I got waxed laces they still loosen a bit through a game, I gotta have em REALLY tight, so when it slacks up a bit I can really tell. But I looked up different lacing techniques that may help prevent loosening, will give that a try first.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 11-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #539
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Sonick, how old are those skates?
You said you skated before? Is it possible the skates are that worn out that the boot is flexing quite a bit?

Besides waxed laces, are your skated laced inwards or outwards? Someone here recommended tying my skates with the laces into the boot and it has made a huge difference for me.

As well, remember not to over tighten the laces as you do want slack to avoid cutting off circulation to your feet and to be able to skate properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #540
Banned By Establishment

Picked up an Easton RS in 100 flex. Gonna try it out tomorrow. I use an S19 110 and it feels very whippy for snap shots, the puck just flies off the blade.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #541

Quote:
Sonick, how old are those skates?
You said you skated before? Is it possible the skates are that worn out that the boot is flexing quite a bit?

Besides waxed laces, are your skated laced inwards or outwards? Someone here recommended tying my skates with the laces into the boot and it has made a huge difference for me.

As well, remember not to over tighten the laces as you do want slack to avoid cutting off circulation to your feet and to be able to skate properly.
Not sure how old they are but they are in fairly new condition, just a more recreational skate (probably something like you'd get at Canadian Tire).

They are laced inwards, but I'm gonna try the thing where you wrap the laces around each other when you cross them in the middle.

With these skates I like the lower part looser while the ankle part tighter, coz if the foot part is too tight my arch starts cramping. When the ankle part is loose, it just feels like all my skating power is sucked out and it takes way more effort to get up to speed as compared to when they are tight.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #542
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
anyone know where i can find old mission ice skates to try locally?
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #543

Quote:
Not sure how old they are but they are in fairly new condition, just a more recreational skate (probably something like you'd get at Canadian Tire).

They are laced inwards, but I'm gonna try the thing where you wrap the laces around each other when you cross them in the middle.

With these skates I like the lower part looser while the ankle part tighter, coz if the foot part is too tight my arch starts cramping. When the ankle part is loose, it just feels like all my skating power is sucked out and it takes way more effort to get up to speed as compared to when they are tight.
If you are going to try that with the laces, do not do it with waxed laces.
It will be a bitch when it comes time to un-doing the laces.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #544

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
Picked up an Easton RS in 100 flex. Gonna try it out tomorrow. I use an S19 110 and it feels very whippy for snap shots, the puck just flies off the blade.
The EAston RS is a very very whippy stick. The 110 flex is going to be whippier than your S19 110 flex.
I think this is the reason why Edler is snapping a stick or 2 per game.

I agree about the wrist/snap shots with the RS, but I am still having trouble finding the stick's sweet spot with my slap shot. Some shots take off like a champ and some trickle away like I fanned on the shot. I definately get more consistency with my Total One.

TrueTrue. you were right. But I'm not giving up on the stick just yet.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #545

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
anyone know where i can find old mission ice skates to try locally?
How old,

Pre-supple fit like Mission Flyweight, or Amp series is imo the best missions made, these are hard to find locally or even online.

Post supple fit, there is the "PureFly" generation, then the S500 generation, these u can still find on certain clearance racks in some sportcheks.

Pitch series, like the L series, L5s and so on....the shittiest mission imo, these are still avalible on most sportchek clearance racks.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #546
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

You just started playing so you might not know this but loosening is a common occurence for the duration of a game.

Even in the pro-levels, you'll see some guys re-tie their skate at least once in the benches. From what I recall, what players do to get around this is during warm-ups.... skate hard and put a lot of stress on your ankle movements so it loosens, and then re-tie it again before the game starts.

However, if you're like me where your foot expands during the game, you'll be re-tying quite often; since i like my laces real tight, but once it gets to hurt (due to tight + expanding feet), I re-tie it to slacken it up a bit, and then later re-tighten once my foot settles. But more often than not, I just get lazy and let it go unless I get frustrated.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #547
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Hey guys, just stopped by Sports Exchange on Burrard they just stocked up 5 pro-stock Beiksa sticks of Totalone and APX sticks.. All in 105 flex, RH...
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #548
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
how much
Old 11-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #549
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

X60 stick fire sale at Pro Hockey Life due to the release of the APX (Calgary, but also available online). Lots of PM9 left. I'm going to be sad when I break my last one.

Does anyone have an APX yet? How does it compare?
pharmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #550
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
how much
Forgot to post the price 175.00

They also got S19's going for 175
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote