REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #1201
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
I was told by another RS member who works at Sportchek that the Easton RS Glove will be on sale in the near future...I forgot for how much, but suppose to be a door crasher
Maybe SolidPeguin or YzerWin can chime in
Posted via RS Mobile
...maybe.

Advertisement
YzerWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #1202
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Ok....I need to confess...I have no freaking clue how to choose a proper fitting glove. Should the cuff be more loose for better wrist rotation?
Posted via RS Mobile
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #1203
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Gloves are all preference
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #1204
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Personally I wear a small glove..13"
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #1205
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YzerWIN View Post
...maybe.

How da hell do you get these info anyways?
Did I not read an email or smth?
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #1206
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Because vernon is out of the loop
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #1207
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i prefer a smaller glove.. i can feel the stick better
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #1208
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
what store does ur sis work at?
Marine Crossing (Byrne Road).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
I do get my equipment at a d/c price. My eagles are 200+ retail. I forget how much I got them for, but it was drastically cheaper. I'm on of those who likes my equipment old and broken in, so I would probably get my gloves repalmed.
Dangggg you should just get repalms done by Eagle if you like MSH2. Personally I like Nash more than MSH2 (weird I know), but Digital is awesome. It just doesn't last long enough though so I'll most likely get Nash from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Ok....I need to confess...I have no freaking clue how to choose a proper fitting glove. Should the cuff be more loose for better wrist rotation?
Posted via RS Mobile
Like everyone else said, it's all personal preference. As much as I gush over 4-Rolls, I actually prefer the overall fit of the Vapors. But the cuff gets in the way when I handle the puck, so I choose the 4-Rolls. The new Bauer ones (not the Nike Bauer version) is actually tighter, so it's a nice compromise with overall fit while giving my wrists freedom. Warrior Franchises are that way too (if you order custom, you can get "narrow fits")
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #1209
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
I was told by another RS member who works at Sportchek that the Easton RS Glove will be on sale in the near future...I forgot for how much, but suppose to be a door crasher
Maybe SolidPeguin or YzerWin can chime in
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by YzerWIN View Post
...maybe.

Excellent....

Time for new gloves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #1210

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
Personally I wear a small glove..13"

We're about the same then...I go from 12" - 13" not knowing which one feels better
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Like everyone else said, it's all personal preference. As much as I gush over 4-Rolls, I actually prefer the overall fit of the Vapors. But the cuff gets in the way when I handle the puck, so I choose the 4-Rolls. The new Bauer ones (not the Nike Bauer version) is actually tighter, so it's a nice compromise with overall fit while giving my wrists freedom. Warrior Franchises are that way too (if you order custom, you can get "narrow fits")

So far I find Bauers in general to fit me better. I feel Eastons and warriors fit larger than the indicted sizes
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #1211

Quote:
Ah likely I worked w/ her then, if she has been there for a while.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #1212

Quote:
Ah likely I worked w/ her then, if she has been there for a while.
Posted via RS Mobile
She's only been there since March/April of this year? Her name's Alyssa if you were there at the time.

I'm just waiting until January- I'm going to deplete her discount allowance on some new goalie gear
Old 12-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #1213
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:

Dangggg you should just get repalms done by Eagle if you like MSH2. Personally I like Nash more than MSH2 (weird I know), but Digital is awesome. It just doesn't last long enough though so I'll most likely get Nash from now on.

the franchises aren`t durably at all. They were super buttery soft at first, but start to feel crummy pretty fast. They are my backups right now, which I haven't wore in years lol.

I think i am going to try goatskin when I get my eagle's repalmed
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #1214

Quote:
She's only been there since March/April of this year? Her name's Alyssa if you were there at the time.

I'm just waiting until January- I'm going to deplete her discount allowance on some new goalie gear
She gets a new card on january first
Discount cards reset on calendar year now not fiscal year
So the time to deplete her discount is now

And I left big bend in middle of march for metro
I don't remember an alyssa, might of been hired right after I left
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #1215
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

This being RS, it is mandatory of me to ask for pics of sister.
SolidPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidPenguin View Post
This being RS, it is mandatory of me to ask for pics of sister.
If she is old enough to work, she is too old for your taste
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #1217

who here uses a cage? Thinking of switching from a visor.. which cage is the best? I have a rbk 5k helmet
Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #1218

Quote:
She gets a new card on january first
Discount cards reset on calendar year now not fiscal year
So the time to deplete her discount is now

And I left big bend in middle of march for metro
I don't remember an alyssa, might of been hired right after I left
Posted via RS Mobile

She's already out. She was hired sometime around then, maybe April/May, but her boss only gave her 1000 instead of 2000. She was pretty choked since people hired after her (and not dealing with her particular GM at the time) got the full 2k. She complained but no dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
who here uses a cage? Thinking of switching from a visor.. which cage is the best? I have a rbk 5k helmet
Reakt cage ftw!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #1219

Quote:
She's already out. She was hired sometime around then, maybe April/May, but her boss only gave her 1000 instead of 2000. She was pretty choked since people hired after her (and not dealing with her particular GM at the time) got the full 2k. She complained but no dice
Despite what her GM says, unless she was hired as seasonal, she has her full 2K
Its tracked via computer at our head office
We don't get notification of anybody going over until they hit their official limit...not what's written on the card.

And I'm pretty sure I know who hired her...only 1 gm in the entire province that believes in pro-rating discount cards...
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #1220
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
those new warrior sticks all have an extra 3" added to the end. does this mean the combined length is that flex or is the flex counted before the 3"?
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #1221
UFO

Lol. I remember the good ol' days of Sport Chek employee discount cards, the number was really just a formality. I think I was up to 3-4x over the $1250 part timers limit lol.

I use a cage, tried a bunch of different ones then came across the original Itech Titanium cage; worked fine on my Rbk 4k and now on Easton S17. Way lighter than the traditional steel cages I had used up to that point which would always rust as well. The modern high end Bauer flat bar cages weigh the same or less, and I think Bauer brought back a titanium cage too at a more reasonable price compared to before.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #1222

All of the retail Easton gloves feel terrible... especially the RS that feels like you're wearing a goalie blocker. I've never seen another company have such a big difference in quality between retail and pro models. I had a pair of Canucks Pro Stock RS Gloves and they were one of the most comfortable gloves I've owned... I would've kept them if they weren't so ugly. The retail E-Pros that are made in China aren't even in the same league as the Canadian made ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
It's all personal preference but try gloves on with your elbow pads. Ideally you want to minimize the gap between them. There is always a trade off between protection and mobility so if you have any overlaps you will feel a bit restricted in the wrist area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
the franchises aren`t durably at all. They were super buttery soft at first, but start to feel crummy pretty fast. They are my backups right now, which I haven't wore in years lol.

I think i am going to try goatskin when I get my eagle's repalmed
The retail Franchises are terrible IMO. If I was spending $200+ on gloves I would spend a little bit more and get custom or pro stock. I have two pairs of Franchises right now, one with Digital palms and the other with Pearl Mustang.

I prefer the Digital because it is thinner but has a tendency to crust up (the feeling goes away after a few minutes of wear.) The Pearl Mustangs are slightly softer than the MSH2 I have on my Eagles and don't crust up.

I agree with your comment about mesh gussets too. They're also one of my must haves.

Quote:
RBE III is the most common and affordable option. It comes in a couple different colors including the I2 (white on inside, black on outside) that most guys seem to like.

Bauer Re-Akt is made of titanium so it is lighter and it has flat bars so there is less to see through.

There are few other models available out there but Bauer/Itech has a stranglehold on the cage market. Go into your local shop and look through these bars before making your decision.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #1223

Quote:
Despite what her GM says, unless she was hired as seasonal, she has her full 2K
Its tracked via computer at our head office
We don't get notification of anybody going over until they hit their official limit...not what's written on the card.

And I'm pretty sure I know who hired her...only 1 gm in the entire province that believes in pro-rating discount cards...
Posted via RS Mobile

Thanks man I let her know- dang now there's going to be a new glove/blocker set under the Christmas tree in a few weeks
Old 12-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #1224

seen those full face shields too. anyone use one of them? Cage or a full face shield?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #1225

Quote:
seen those full face shields too. anyone use one of them? Cage or a full face shield?
Cage. Better breathability, and fog drives me nuts.