REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #1601
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilso09 View Post
Need a stick, mine broke a couple games ago and I'm hating my back-up!
Anyone looking to sell a RH, 75-77 flex, p88 curve (preferred, but open to try other patterns)???
Posted via RS Mobile
SportChek has a sale on a bunch of sticks right now, so I would try there. In the $120-140 range. They have Widows, Ai.9, 11k, etc.
Advertisement

Last edited by kristianhay; 04-30-2013 at 08:33 PM.
kristianhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #1602
easy e

Quote:
Anyone looking to sell a RH, 75-77 flex, p88 curve (preferred, but open to try other patterns)???
Posted via RS Mobile
Go big or go home. Say no to mid-end sticks!
Posted via RS Mobile
saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #1603
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Picked up this used set off a young guy in Tsawwassen, P4 blocker and pads and vaughn vision glove. Glove has a bit of curling from use so might order a custom p4 glove to match the other rbk stuff but for now its not bad. The pads are 34+2 so they are quite a bit taller then my old Revoke 33+1. The P4 pads sit very nicely on the leg, i was going to go with a new 18k pad but glad i went the used route and got the p4's. Blocker is comfortable, i wish it was seamless but oh well. Glove is not bad other then the curling, only been on the ice once with this stuff and i know i let in at least one goal due to the curling at the finger tips. The thumb if used with the inner leather thumb straps, puts the thumb at a very awkward angle so i may have to get used to playing with my thumb free outside of the strap.

But other then that its fairly well used, the guy played in the WHL so its seen a few pucks.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #1604
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Looks like only source for sports shops carry it and their website says richmond and surrey(THS?)
Posted via RS Mobile
Try Cyclone Taylor Sports at 49th and Oak or The Hockey Shop (Which is the biggest in Van) at the Surrey Central Station.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #1605

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
If you want to try, I would STRONGLY recommend going to The Hockey Shop in Surrey. It's right beside Surrey Central skytrain. They have a room downstairs that lets you take puck shots with sticks to test them out.

and they have a huge selection
Old 05-11-2013, 08:30 AM   #1606

I have a set of White Bauer RX8, 35+1. Blue graphics.
With matching blocker and catcher set.
pads.jpg

Sportmask Mage RS mask with cat-eye, all white (Tim Thomas style mask) With neck dangler.
mask.jpg

Just purchased a Simmons 997 Pro C/A, with 2 of their sticks.
https://www.donsimmons.com/ecom/product/1196
stick.jpg

Bauer one80 goal skates
skate.jpg
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #1607
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Who's going in the playon tourney this year?

Took a Can Tire ball hockey mask and customized it a little..

Before:

During:

After:

I ended up trimming off some of the excess strapping, and also changed it from blue to black. Paint used was matte black plastidip, about 5 coats. Added some gloss black vinyl details on after as well.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #1608
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I'll be playing in Play On
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #1609

Edit: nvm just ordered one from GoalieMonkey

Last edited by TjAlmeida; 05-11-2013 at 01:17 PM.
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #1610
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
Picked up this used set off a young guy in Tsawwassen, P4 blocker and pads and vaughn vision glove. Glove has a bit of curling from use so might order a custom p4 glove to match the other rbk stuff but for now its not bad. The pads are 34+2 so they are quite a bit taller then my old Revoke 33+1. The P4 pads sit very nicely on the leg, i was going to go with a new 18k pad but glad i went the used route and got the p4's. Blocker is comfortable, i wish it was seamless but oh well. Glove is not bad other then the curling, only been on the ice once with this stuff and i know i let in at least one goal due to the curling at the finger tips. The thumb if used with the inner leather thumb straps, puts the thumb at a very awkward angle so i may have to get used to playing with my thumb free outside of the strap.

But other then that its fairly well used, the guy played in the WHL so its seen a few pucks.
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

aside from the gloves, looks more like you bought the set from luuuuuuuuu
BLUETIGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #1611
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

just picked up total one shin and elbow pads, used them yesterday for a roller game and they feel a bit bulky but awesome protection
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #1612

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUETIGER View Post
aside from the gloves, looks more like you bought the set from luuuuuuuuu
Ya the pads look like one of his older sets. But the name embroidered on them is Siemens
Old 05-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #1613
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anybody interested in pro stock Reebok 7000 pants in large? I've worn them once but they're a bit too big.
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #1614
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I'm sure you guys have seen the thread that skiiipi started about the Friends & Family at SportChek this coming week (Weds and Thurs).

Certainly a good deal for those wanting to pick up the new APX2/X100 skates (which fit AMAZING, btw), Easton Mako skate (which might I dare even say fit better?!) and/or the new NXG and Nexus protective.

For those who play roller some stores like Richmond and Langley have some decent boots like the Mission T9 and Bauer APXR & RX5.

Feel free to PM me (or skiiipi) for more details.
YzerWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #1615

I'm thinking of picking a lightly used pair of Bauer X7.0's off of someone for about ~$200, anyone have any experience with these skates/X60's, and is that a decent price? Don't really want to shell out a bunch of money for high end skates right now, so used is always a decent way to go.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #1616
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
I'm thinking of picking a lightly used pair of Bauer X7.0's off of someone for about ~$200, anyone have any experience with these skates/X60's, and is that a decent price? Don't really want to shell out a bunch of money for high end skates right now, so used is always a decent way to go.
What are you skating in right now? If you fit the Vapor line of skates and you can handle the stiffness then $200 is a pretty good price. Make your decision based on fit and comfort.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #1617
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

need some insight, i cant figure out whether to keep my stick at chin level or just under my nose. my shot has more power and accuracy with it under my nose but my stickhandling is better with chin. nhl players use under the chin, should we all be too?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #1618

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
What are you skating in right now? If you fit the Vapor line of skates and you can handle the stiffness then $200 is a pretty good price. Make your decision based on fit and comfort.
I'm in Bauer One90's right now, they're old and falling apart so I figure it's time for something a bit newer.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #1619
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
I'm in Bauer One90's right now, they're old and falling apart so I figure it's time for something a bit newer.
Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm 2 years into my X60s and they're still plenty stiff. I'll probably replace them with APX2s on closeout when the 3s come out, but I love the X60s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
need some insight, i cant figure out whether to keep my stick at chin level or just under my nose. my shot has more power and accuracy with it under my nose but my stickhandling is better with chin. nhl players use under the chin, should we all be too?
Personal preference. Just find the length that makes you feel like you have the best of both. Try compromising a length in the middle (i.e. lips)?
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #1620
x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
I think puck handling is going to make you a better player on the ice. Yes, you lose some power in your shot, but create more scoring chances for yourself and others.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #1621
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Try on the Vapors and see how they feel. I wouldn't recommend brand/model jumping too much once you're dialed in to a particular fit. Supremes fit my foot type the best and I simply cannot wear a Vapor, the heel is way too narrow.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #1622

Thanks m3thods and mickz. Yeah, I was going to stick with Bauer so I'll go into the shop and give them a try on. I found some brand new X60's online for $230 shipped, so I figure if I have to choose between the used X7.0 and new X60, I may as well go for the latter. They're pretty much the same skate anyways.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #1623

thats a sick price for a top end skate

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #1624
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Thanks m3thods and mickz. Yeah, I was going to stick with Bauer so I'll go into the shop and give them a try on. I found some brand new X60's online for $230 shipped, so I figure if I have to choose between the used X7.0 and new X60, I may as well go for the latter. They're pretty much the same skate anyways.
Identical guts just different graphics package. Personally I still prefer the X60 look.

That said, hopefully they fit you! Those prices are unreal for the skates in question.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #1625

Tried on the X7.0 today and they fit just fine, and that's without a bake! Thanks for the advice fellas.

EDIT: Bummer... X60's were sold before I could snag them. Guess I'll have to take another look at the used X7.0.

Last edited by kristianhay; 05-13-2013 at 08:40 PM.
kristianhay is offline   Reply With Quote