REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #2176
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Goalies - have a chance to look at the new Warrior gear? They are pumping out some really innovative stuff. I wonder if they last as long as the other big boys. Removable palms *drooooool*
Posted via RS Mobile
Buddy. I saw that shit a month ago on FB.

I don't think my g/f made me that hard.

*s-s-s-s-s-spiiidermaaaan*
Advertisement
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #2177
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Goalies - have a chance to look at the new Warrior gear? They are pumping out some really innovative stuff. I wonder if they last as long as the other big boys. Removable palms *drooooool*
Posted via RS Mobile
I like the new glove and blocker options, but the new pads have really caught my attention. They have a new knee wedge system that's supposed to help the b'fly and also be kinder to the knees.

I love my 2013 Ritual Pro pants. The mobility is awesome, and they're light, but still really protective.

Warrior gear has come a long way.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #2178
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Buddy. I saw that shit a month ago on FB.

I don't think my g/f made me that hard.

*s-s-s-s-s-spiiidermaaaan*
Then I'm assuming you read the InGoal magazine feature? Oh man so innovate!

Are all their gear made by Smith? If so I'm assuming that they're made to the highest quality as well, or are they outsourced to China/Vietnam? Reason I ask is I'm close to overhauling my set. I have hand-me-down (and for dirt cheap) Vaughn V2s, V2 chestie, V2 pants, and a V2 blocker/Reebok 18k gloves. I didn't want to spend a ton on goalie equipment until I was hooked, and now I'm past that point. These, along with the new Brians pads, have me real hot.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #2179

They do outsource to China for a lot of their stuff. Only their custom gear is made in Canada the last time I checked.

Either way though, it's all pretty good stuff.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #2180

Quote:
They do outsource to China for a lot of their stuff. Only their custom gear is made in Canada the last time I checked.

Either way though, it's all pretty good stuff.
I guess that keeps it in line with all but Vaughn/Brian's top line, unless they too have outsourced to Asia.

I'll likely be shopping seriously next year or the year after, so I can't wait for some of these pads to go on clearance at THS
Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #2181

Quote:
I guess that keeps it in line with all but Vaughn/Brian's top line, unless they too have outsourced to Asia.

I'll likely be shopping seriously next year or the year after, so I can't wait for some of these pads to go on clearance at THS
I would take a serious look at some stuff on Goaliemonkey right now. They have 22% off black friday sale. you can get a current Warrior Ritual Pro glove for about $280!

That and a lot of the pads, etc from the Ritual G1 line are being cleared out in preparation for the new G2 line.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #2182

Quote:
I would take a serious look at some stuff on Goaliemonkey right now. They have 22% off black friday sale. you can get a current Warrior Ritual Pro glove for about $280!

That and a lot of the pads, etc from the Ritual G1 line are being cleared out in preparation for the new G2 line.
Yeah I don't actually have the funds allocated to that for this year. Next year I'll likely have to replace things slowly, hence why I'm looking that far into the future. I can't wait to get rid of the V2s. Sure they're 12", but the knee stacks and sliding ability SUCK.

Speaking of which, is there somewhere I can buy a single knee stack block? My pads have the individual pads (4 of them) about half an inch thick. The problem I have is that since they are separate, sometimes they fan out. It drives me nuts!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #2183

yeah dude. Actually, we should meet up and let me look at your gear.

There are a lot of options in terms of what to install to make your gear work for you until you replace them! (I have RBK knee blocks in my Brians LOL)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #2184

^That's my issue. To be honest the V2s are perfectly fine. Only now (after >5 years of total use) I'm seeing some loose stitching. Compared to my Asian-made 18k catcher (yes I know, it's not a pro line), I think if I ever bought goalie gear new, it would be custom and out of Canada.

The biggest adjustments I want to make are the knee blocks, and maybe (though I don't think it can be done without extensive cutting/sewing/$$) moving the knee stack and inch down. I bought the pads off of a team goalie who upgraded to P3s, so I got a killer deal on pants, chestie, pads, and gloves. The only thing I replaced was the catcher. I love the break and feel of my catcher, and given it's not even a year old that's not being replaced any time soon. I repalmed the V2 blocker so it's as good as new, but I've felt a stinger or two. If anything, my chestie is next up.

I play about once, maybe twice a week as a goalie (majority is still playing as a forward). So anything I buy has to be either from a windfall, or after careful budgeting lol
Old 11-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #2185

I'm selling my simmons 997pro chestie u know.....LOL

Cheap pro level protection....HAHAHAHA

Yeah I can help you with the knee blocks. There are ways to do it without significant sewing/stitching. I wouldn't bother spending money on moving the blocks down though. It costs too much for what the pads are worth.

What size are your pads? Do you know your ATK measurement?

I'm not impressed with my P4 18k catcher. I have a propalm in it and after only 6 months it's starting to wear out. The nylon strings are crapping out too.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #2186

Quote:
I'm selling my simmons 997pro chestie u know.....LOL

Cheap pro level protection....HAHAHAHA

Yeah I can help you with the knee blocks. There are ways to do it without significant sewing/stitching. I wouldn't bother spending money on moving the blocks down though. It costs too much for what the pads are worth.

What size are your pads? Do you know your ATK measurement?

I'm not impressed with my P4 18k catcher. I have a propalm in it and after only 6 months it's starting to wear out. The nylon strings are crapping out too.
Pads are 34. I have my ATK somewhere at home on my desk, but most pads that I've tried in store seem to fit me best with a 33.

To be fair I've had my 18k for about 6 months, but in terms of usages it's definitely less than 50 outings. The stitching is starting to come out a bit, so when that really goes then I'll likely go shopping again (and do it right). I really like the 590 break (I think that's 60 degrees?), and hate the 580. When trying gloves in store, I only found the Reeboks having a break that I like. CCM was similar (understandably), but still had a bit too much "fingers-to-palm" action.

I'll be paying THS a visit this Friday since they're having a sale. I haven't been there for a while, so if I see what I like I'll likely give it a shot myself. But thanks for the offer!

As an aside- my goalie buddy absolutely loves his 997. For $500 it looked like a beast!
Old 11-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #2187

I'd also look at goaliemonkey.com. They have a 22% off sales. RBK 11K pro chesties for dirt cheap
Old 11-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #2188
Banned By Establishment

Got me a Sherwood Rekker off Hockeysupremacy, 20% off plus free shipping!
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #2189
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
I'd also look at goaliemonkey.com.
werd.
I just ordered some Subzero series 1 pads from GM. I wanted the SZ2, but they didn't have any 33+2 sizes available. Also, they were $1700.

But after demoing these bad boys

I knew I had to own them. So after adding up all my discounts I walked away with the SZ1 for around $1100. As long as Canada Post doesn't "lose" them, I should be very happy.

33+2 SZ2 in all white.

originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #2190
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I'm starting to clean out the hockey gear in my storage locker and I have a replacement blade that I need help identifying.0097-19.

It is a hollow composite blade and the on the front it says C. Higgins # 20 and on the back it says .
I was given this blade but I don't know anything about it other than it has a round toe, is around a med length, mid curve and the blade is slightly open.
If you were to ask me, it almost looks like a Zetterberg curve according to the Warrior web site.
Any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #2191
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I'm starting to clean out the hockey gear in my storage locker and I have a replacement blade that I need help identifying.0097-19.

It is a hollow composite blade and the on the front it says C. Higgins # 20 and on the back it says .
I was given this blade but I don't know anything about it other than it has a round toe, is around a med length, mid curve and the blade is slightly open.
If you were to ask me, it almost looks like a Zetterberg curve according to the Warrior web site.
Any ideas?
hollow?
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #2192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
hollow?
Full composite. You can look down the inside of the blade from where you insert the blade into the shaft.
Hope this makes more sense.
Not too use to composite blades as I grew up using wooden replacement blades on my 2 piece sticks.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #2193
RS Veteran

Quote:
Full composite. You can look down the inside of the blade from where you insert the blade into the shaft.
Hope this makes more sense.
Not too use to composite blades as I grew up using wooden replacement blades on my 2 piece sticks.
its a hollow hosel. the blade itself will have some kind of foam core. is there a brand?
Old 12-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #2194

Quote:
its a hollow hosel. the blade itself will have some kind of foam core. is there a brand?
Not that I can tell. No markings on the blade which is why I have no clue what brand/make or model this blade is.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #2195
RS Veteran

Quote:
Not that I can tell. No markings on the blade which is why I have no clue what brand/make or model this blade is.
take a pic.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #2196
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Ask Chris Higgins lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #2197

Quote:
take a pic.
Anything in particular of the blade you wanna see?
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #2198
RS Veteran

Quote:
Anything in particular of the blade you wanna see?
not really.. i just thought if you wanted an answer, it would be best to post a pic. personally I don't really care lol
Old 12-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #2199

Bumping this thread with a dilemma:

Looking to buy new (player) shoulders. Narrowed down to the 20k Pro and the Warrior Dynasty AX1s. The Reeboks are "beefier" (in scare quotes because it has less plastic than the Warriors- as in none), but the Dynastys run a bit lower profile. They both fit, so it's really a toss-up. Both are insanely-light, so these will be the last set of shoulder pads bought for a while.

Does anyone rock these yet? Any longer term reviews? I only found one for each (but it looks like they were sponsored reviews). I think I'm leaning towards the Reeboks since even though I don't really need the protection, league play has a lot of stick work so I think I'd rather be protected than not. But that mesh crap inside the pads, as well as the all-foam construction really has me worried about durability.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #2200
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I've been looking at shoulders for the past 6 months. I ended up narrowing it down to 20K's. Haven't had time to pick up a set yet, but as far as I know, 20k's are a new model? But I really like the fit and mobility it offers. Not the lightest out there (compared to CCM CL) but it's light for its size. Also isn't the all foam shoulder cap a new technology as well?
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote