REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #2476
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

LOL not lucky me. I just didn't bother ordering custom after seeing all the complaints about their lead times. I'm not super picky anyway. I couldn't get any blue and whites so I just switched to black and whites. LOL

I have the Senior level glove and pro offshore blocker. The glove's been an absolute tank. I have both a 75 nd 60 degree palm and both have been great. I think this glove is THE best glove on the sub $250 range. In terms of protection, it rivals the pro and pro customs. It does have a shutting problem where i can't snap it shut. But warrior contacted me on GSBB and they're going to take it back shipping free and fix it for me. =)

As for the blocker, again, very light. very balanced. I don't feel ANY shots at all on the sideboard OR top blocker area. it's got a crazy flare so everything that hits the top board gets deflected over and/or out. Got a small shot in the finger and even that didn't hurt much. I'm very impressed with the new Warrior gear!!

That and I recently got step steels. HOLY CRAP The attack angle's HUGE! I can have attack angle so low my hip/knees can't even accommodate for it! Push offs are MUCH easier now too =)
Advertisement
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #2477
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
The steps are awesome. When I'm in peak form, I use the extreme. Problem is, they're not very forgiving on the ice. I use the regular steps now, and they're awesome. Super sharp with a 1/4" cut makes for good grip on summer ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
Oh. almost forgot: Got my Warrior G2 Pro blocker in vintage black and white.

SOOOO AWESOMMMMMMEEEE
PICS!!!!!

Also, I bought a Warrior Swagger, and I fucking hate it!!!

Does anyone want a Warrior Swagger for cheap? I used it for one game, then put it back on the shelf.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #2478

My review of the G2 SENIOR trapper and G2 PRO OFFSHORE blocker.

Enjoy!

Warrior G2 Senior goalie glove
Old 06-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #2479
they call me the snowman

Nice review.
I really like your new gear. The Warrior stuff is so well thought out this season. The removable palms, and adjustable trapper are such a nice addition to goalie gear.

I'll stick with my Vaughn hands. For now. I sure love my Warrior pants though.

I bought a new stick for last night's game. A Bauer Total One 27.5". It's incredibly light, and felt like nothing in my hands. Now I just have to get used to it.

*random online image because I'm so fucking tired today after playing late last night and waking up at 5am for my boy's practice..... I want to puke.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #2480
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Any of u goalies play roller? My vihl team needs a goalie tonite 825pm killarney. We r in lower divs...not sure which one. U can be a noob for all I care. Won't make a difference to us. Lol
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #2481
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Might be looking for a team to join this upcoming fall/winter season, anyone need an extra intermediate/advanced skater? I can also fill in as a backup goalie as well for a couple of games if needed. . I'd prefer to join an ICE604 team as ASHL fees are too expensive.

Last edited by RevYouUp; 07-16-2014 at 01:41 PM.
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #2482
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

switching to a cage

i bought a HDO clip system yesterday and i used it at drop in last night.

it's been used once. faint scratch in the front/cant notice when using

replacement lenses come in 2 packs and sell for $77.99

$75 obo

Bauer HDO Deluxe Half Visor - SportChek.ca

Last edited by trip; 07-07-2014 at 06:41 PM.
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #2483

Anyone need a goalie for fall/winter? Intermediate to advanced. I play usually Div 4-6 in Coast at RIC.

Looking to start or backup on a stable team, preferably in Richmond/Van/Burnaby.

Thanks!
Old 07-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #2484
they call me the snowman

I had a chance to skate with a Div B, and a Div C team over the weekend.
Too bad I threw out my back mountain biking up at Whistler..... It's the best way to get your name out there. Play well when the chance comes up, make mention that you are available, and you will get phone calls. Problem is, missing due to injuries or just simply poor play is a lost opportunity.

I'll put your name in with my summer team Danny. If they are looking for a winter tender you could be their man. I'm not going to be able to commute to Burnaby with all my kid's sports. Plus, I may hit up the 30+ leagues in Surrey or Langley this winter.

Or I may do roller... Color me confused, but I'm surprisingly good in the roller crease (5-1, 3.66 GAA, .899 sv%)

My schedule is clear for thursday too. I'm heading out to Magic for vintage. So if the back isn't fully ready, I'll know to call my backup long before the puck drops Friday night.

fucking back injuries.....
Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #2485
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Anyone need a goalie for fall/winter? Intermediate to advanced. I play usually Div 4-6 in Coast at RIC.

Looking to start or backup on a stable team, preferably in Richmond/Van/Burnaby.

Thanks!
PMed you
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #2486

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike66 View Post
PMed you
sorry I haven't been on lately.

PM'd u back
Old 07-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #2487
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Not really a review, but.. Went to the hockey shop to have my skates sharpened and usually I always walk out with something extra, or want something from the basement section.

Can honestly say today was the first time I have ever been there, and walked out knowing I didn't really want anything.

Place is like a candy stor.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #2488

^I NEVER walk outta there without buying something extra. LOL
Old 07-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #2489

^^And I NEVER walk outta there in 20 minutes. I always end up spending at least an hour there
Old 07-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #2490

FINALLY broke my losing streak tonight!
WOOHOO!

Note to all: NEVER take that 5 hour energy shot extra strength before games. I was shaking like i was about to have a seizure until the second period. LOL.

And to the opposing team: Take the cheap shots, dives, and BS and go home. It's beer league. No one is there to thrash anyone.

Think having your defenseman BLINDSIDE ELBOW me in the head will throw me off my game? Sorry. Nope. Never happened.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 07:34 AM   #2491
retired

Quote:
FINALLY broke my losing streak tonight!
WOOHOO!

Note to all: NEVER take that 5 hour energy shot extra strength before games. I was shaking like i was about to have a seizure until the second period. LOL.

And to the opposing team: Take the cheap shots, dives, and BS and go home. It's beer league. No one is there to thrash anyone.

Think having your defenseman BLINDSIDE ELBOW me in the head will throw me off my game? Sorry. Nope. Never happened.

It takes a lot of control not to do something back.

Had some idiot's stick go right across my mask, then when I had the puck covered, people are jabbing me while pushing me into the net.

Then I just think of this video

Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #2492

^^ Well I couldn't really cuz I was flat face down on the ice seeing stars.

That's how I knew it was a dirty hit because no one apologized. The play just kept going until the other team was coming back for the puck. I Think I actually passed out for a couple seconds too.

If I saw who did it I PROBABLY would've straight up Marty McSorley'd him. MAYBE.

It's one thing to get jabbed and tapped in the mask, etc.

It's another to run or headshot a goalie. That guy's actually lucky the team I was on didn't see it because we had a few really big guys sub in that probably would've jumped in.

I'm ok now though =)
Old 07-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #2493
retired

Quote:
^^ Well I couldn't really cuz I was flat face down on the ice seeing stars.

That's how I knew it was a dirty hit because no one apologized. The play just kept going until the other team was coming back for the puck. I Think I actually passed out for a couple seconds too.

If I saw who did it I PROBABLY would've straight up Marty McSorley'd him. MAYBE.

It's one thing to get jabbed and tapped in the mask, etc.

It's another to run or headshot a goalie. That guy's actually lucky the team I was on didn't see it because we had a few really big guys sub in that probably would've jumped in.

I'm ok now though =)
Glad to hear that you are ok. I don't care too much when a stick grazes the mask, I go apeshit when some moron who has no control whatsoever two-hands me across trying to hack at a puck.

Last edited by Truenosan; 07-17-2014 at 01:15 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #2494
My homepage has been set to RS

Im using Bauer Pro Series shins right now:

i find them way too bulky and heavy. Any recommendations for extremely lightweight ones? just for drop in hockey not even Beer league, so protection can be minimal

as for my calf size, i have big asian calves

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 PM   #2495
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Vapors and Makos have skinnier shins. I think the narrowest I've seen are the Easton Stealth series.

Since protection isn't the most important thing to you, I'm guessing the cheapest Stealth model would suffice.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #2496
retired

They are finally here!!! I got the call this morning, and just rushed out of work to go pick them up. Cant wait to try em out tonight.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #2497
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
UGHHHHHH so much sex!

I got the call that my pads were in today as well! Unfortunately I need to go to North Van to pick them up, and that's not happening at 5pm on a Friday lol

I'll get pics of mine up as soon as I get them tomorrow morning.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #2498
retired

I got the call around 10:30 this morning. I rushed out of work to go pick them up lol. Richmond -> Surrey at that time wasn't so bad, no traffic.

Now I'm just fapping with the trapper at my desk.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #2499
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Somehow last game, i must have blocked a shot without knowing it because when I went to sharpen my skates, I was shocked to find the blade holder had cracked and was ready to fall off from the skate.
I asked them to change the blade holder as I had a game the same night and that was when they found the boot was separating from the sole.

Well, just my luck, guess what is officially for sale today.

I just picked up a pair of CCM Tacks skates, RBZ elbows and CCM Tacks stick in the P19 curve.

Can't wait till my next game to try the new gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #2500
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

That's one expensive blocked shot lol
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: