REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #2951
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Are you within your warranty period?

If so, the easiest way to fix it would be to break it in a game
Advertisement
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #2952
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
not in my warranty period
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #2953
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
How deep is that? Are you concerned it will become a weak point and break?
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #2954
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone looking for pants? I have medium CCM RBZ's!
Old 02-02-2016, 04:03 PM   #2955
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Doesnt seem like it will break but would it affect how the puck is fired?
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:10 AM   #2956
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
The APX2 damage is nothing.
My APX2 blade has taken a beating. Skate cuts, chops, its missing chunks here and there, and its still going strong.
Bauer makes a great blade. If it was Easton, I would wish you luck and close my browser. But that chip isnt going to cause any issues in the near future.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2016, 09:14 AM   #2957
they call me the snowman

So, I sold my Vaughn vintage set last night increasing my new pads budget by just under a grand. All of the new pads coming out are in the $1899 range, but they all offer multiple strapping options, theyre all super light, and theyre all great on the ice. Performance is all around, its just a matter of figuring out which is the right direction to go.

I fell in love with Richard Bachmans OD1N set.

But that was before I strapped on the Warrior G3 gear that is about to be released. Plus, you can never discount Brians, as their new Subzero3 is also pretty state of the art.

So many choices.
Such a good problem to have.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #2958
retired

what did you think of the od1ns? id say wait for the G3's, but im biased lol
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #2959
they call me the snowman

I really liked the od1n pads.
And yes, I know I'm out of position in the pic. Damn goalie coach was rushing me. Something about it's late and he still has to clean the ice

The blocker was sick. It used a neoprene material in the fingers that just felt so good.
But this was my favorite part of the pads. The slide plate was plastic, and slid just so well.

It's too bad they made changes to the retail set. Still nice, but not as nice as the pro models.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #2960
they call me the snowman

It appears that I like this jersey.

Thanks to ballpeenhammer for hooking me up with the banana jersey!

PS: That's not ballpeenhammer in the pic.

One last share for you guys.
As you know, the Avalanche were in Vancouver last night. I got to see their practice yesterday, only to find Patrick Roy in net.
Enjoy!

This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 08:47 PM   #2961
retired

What size are the Od1n's? And if you were to sell, DIBS! lol
Old 02-23-2016, 08:55 PM   #2962
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Patrick Roy was getting some time in to get ready for the weekend's outdoor stadium game where the old Red Wings play the old avs.

Rumors are there is still lots of bad blood between the red wings and Avs.

Imagine in another 30 years they'd be like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #2963
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Conklin and Legace in net for Detroit at the alumni game. Might as well add to the list of Red Wings goaltenders Patrick Roy has fought.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #2964
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
What size are the Od1n's? And if you were to sell, DIBS! lol
The ones I was using were "large".
Srsly, they don't have the old numbered sizing. For the od1n, it's small, medium, large, and XLarge. The large worked out to around 34+1.

Those od1n that I was wearing are back at Bauer now. I tried very hard to buy them, but no one was willing to piss off the overlords at Bauer. They're a powerful group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Patrick Roy was getting some time in to get ready for the weekend's outdoor stadium game where the old Red Wings play the old avs.

Rumors are there is still lots of bad blood between the red wings and Avs.

Imagine in another 30 years they'd be like this

Even though he has 12 years on me, I still wouldn't mess with Roy. All he would need to do is stare me down and I'd fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Conklin and Legace in net for Detroit at the alumni game. Might as well add to the list of Red Wings goaltenders Patrick Roy has fought.
I'm excited about these games. It's just too bad that we don't get to see them.

The game in Minnesota a couple weeks ago was pretty good. At least the goalies looked the part.

Don Beaupre vintage style

But Gilles Meloche just killed it.

So awesome!

This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2016, 08:51 PM   #2965
retired

Too bad those weren't up for grabs. I'd take that design over the retail ones anyday.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:40 AM   #2966

So I went to THS for the first time in months to get my skates sharpened. Went downstairs and checked out the 1s pads.

The pads were ok. I do like the strapping (especially that neoprene one like they have in their elbow/shin pads). The graphic is horrendous even in person, and the logs are a joke.

The blocker is a blocker. But what intrigued me the most was the glove. Dare I say it's one of the nicest feeling gloves out there (I'm a big fan of a 590 closure, which this seemed to be, much like their other Supreme series gloves). The soft-touch materials inside really made me want to keep my hand in there indefinitely. It was used on the ice so it was broken in a bit. Obviously I can't say I tried it out on the ice, but the first impression I had on that glove was great.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #2967
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
Doesnt seem like it will break but would it affect how the puck is fired?
Sorry just saw this, no I don't think it would make a difference for shooting. Same as originalhypa, my blade looks like a warzone and I've never noticed a difference in shots.

Easton sent me a stealth cx as a replacement for my v9e (or something like that), and it's the first time I've used anything better than a sportchek $119 special in a long time. Really like it, wondering how long it will last as I burn through easton sticks every 1-2 months.

So many goalie pics lately so here is a player one for a change! (nothing against goalies)

Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2016, 10:37 PM   #2968
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
So I went to THS for the first time in months to get my skates sharpened. Went downstairs and checked out the 1s pads.

The pads were ok. I do like the strapping (especially that neoprene one like they have in their elbow/shin pads). The graphic is horrendous even in person, and the logs are a joke.

The blocker is a blocker. But what intrigued me the most was the glove. Dare I say it's one of the nicest feeling gloves out there (I'm a big fan of a 590 closure, which this seemed to be, much like their other Supreme series gloves). The soft-touch materials inside really made me want to keep my hand in there indefinitely. It was used on the ice so it was broken in a bit. Obviously I can't say I tried it out on the ice, but the first impression I had on that glove was great.
1S pad isn't as light as they advertise. The G2/G3's are still far lighter. (I know, I'm biased lol)
Old 03-07-2016, 10:54 PM   #2969
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
What are some of you goalies using for chest protectors. Been using a reebok 11k, love the protection but I need to downsize as the arms are too long. THS has a lt90 on demo pricing I might check out. Reviews are pretty good, light weight and very mobile but lacks adjustability in the arms.

Any input on other models, also I prefer my chesty untucked
Old 03-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #2970

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
What are some of you goalies using for chest protectors. Been using a reebok 11k, love the protection but I need to downsize as the arms are too long. THS has a lt90 on demo pricing I might check out. Reviews are pretty good, light weight and very mobile but lacks adjustability in the arms.

I also use a 11k untucked. I probably won't be switching until it starts to bruise me. My biggest complaint are the arms and their lack of mobility, but I don't want to spend more money on an upgrade especially since the 11k is otherwise great especially for the $100 I paid to pick it up.

I love Vaughn chesties, but until they can emphatically say that the arms are bulletproof I don't think I'd ever go back.

What's your budget? If you want a forever chestie, Brown and Passau come to mind since they're custom and you can size them up to your liking.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #2971
they call me the snowman

MY buddy runs a Brown. It's heavy as hell, but will never allow a stinger to get through.
It's also $750 for his spec.

Quote:

I've been running an LT90 for the last 18 months and it's a good chestie. The arms could use a little beefing up as I was reminded last night. I'm not worried about getting bruised out there, but it would be nice to not have to deal with the stingers. One final note, the C/A has lost some of its strength with constant use. Again, nothing I'm worried about.

Have you tried on the Brians C/A units yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
1S pad isn't as light as they advertise. The G2/G3's are still far lighter. (I know, I'm biased lol)
I loved the G3 Warrior stuff, and am going to try to find a demo set to try out. But the od1n keep calling my name. They really are a cool pad.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:42 PM   #2972
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Sorry just saw this, no I don't think it would make a difference for shooting. Same as originalhypa, my blade looks like a warzone and I've never noticed a difference in shots.

Easton sent me a stealth cx as a replacement for my v9e (or something like that), and it's the first time I've used anything better than a sportchek $119 special in a long time. Really like it, wondering how long it will last as I burn through easton sticks every 1-2 months.

So many goalie pics lately so here is a player one for a change! (nothing against goalies)

When are you going to make the switch to Bauer like everyone else?
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #2973
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
I also use a 11k untucked. I probably won't be switching until it starts to bruise me. My biggest complaint are the arms and their lack of mobility, but I don't want to spend more money on an upgrade especially since the 11k is otherwise great especially for the $100 I paid to pick it up.

I love Vaughn chesties, but until they can emphatically say that the arms are bulletproof I don't think I'd ever go back.

What's your budget? If you want a forever chestie, Brown and Passau come to mind since they're custom and you can size them up to your liking.
I do not really know my budget. I have don't think i have ever felt a stinger through my 11k, at least none that are worth remembering. I am going to try and move the arms around a bit more on my 11k to see if I can work around it. I find that when ever i am about to square up to a shot or get into a ready position i push up the arm piece of the chest protector to give my catcher a bit more mobility. Shitty thing is in doing this i have got a couple shots just between the cuff of my catcher and bulk of the arm protection.

The arms on my 11k are also on the stiff side. After a bit of googling on the lt90 it seems to also have a short torso section so that may not be for me. I am sure part of my issue with the 11k is that im 6'-6'1" but on the skinny side. So it tends to droop slightly, which will push the arms a bit more forward towards my wrists.

With all the brands coming out with their new lineups maybe ill keep an eye on the used market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
MY buddy runs a Brown. It's heavy as hell, but will never allow a stinger to get through.
It's also $750 for his spec.

I've been running an LT90 for the last 18 months and it's a good chestie. The arms could use a little beefing up as I was reminded last night. I'm not worried about getting bruised out there, but it would be nice to not have to deal with the stingers. One final note, the C/A has lost some of its strength with constant use. Again, nothing I'm worried about.

Have you tried on the Brians C/A units yet?

I loved the G3 Warrior stuff, and am going to try to find a demo set to try out. But the od1n keep calling my name. They really are a cool pad.
No, i have not tried anything on yet. A friend sold me the 11k I have now back when they were still fairly new to the market. So i have never gone and properly shopped for a new chest protector. Do you tuck your lt90 in or leave it out? I said above, but i read online that the lt90 torso section runs on the shorter side so that has kind of turned me away from it.

On another note. THS just had their demo sale, I picked up my first set of senior level pads. I usually always look to the used market for good condition pro spec gear, but after reading some reviews the Vaughn mid level gear had a lot of positive reports.

Barely used Vaughn 1000 34+2 pads. $440 bucks after tax so couldn't complain. Then found a barely used set of gloves in Edmonton for $400 shipped that should be here tmrw. LT98 glove and LT88 blocker. Also my first time buying a mid level blocker so hopefully it holds up for awhile.

Sold my old P4 set up a couple months ago since i have not been able to play hockey since November.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:56 PM   #2974
retired

I'm using the Warrior Ritual G2 Classic Pro chest pad. It offers the same protection as the Pro, but without the plastic on the arms. Loving this chestpad as you can make quite a few adjustments on it.

The Goalie Crease in Ontario is having a sale on the original Rituals. I think they are going for $180 USD.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #2975
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Do you tuck your lt90 in or leave it out? I said above, but i read online that the lt90 torso section runs on the shorter side so that has kind of turned me away from it.
I leave mine untucked and loose. But it's a medium C/A, so I tend to be a bit smaller in the net compared to some of my goalie buddies. The LT does run a little short. But I strap mine to my pants which holds it all together. I did add a couple of small pieces to the lower belly section of the C/A. Just a couple of protective flaps made by ballpeenhammer.

Those small additions made a huge difference.

Quote:
Sold my old P4 set up a couple months ago since i have not been able to play hockey since November.
Damn, you've been out for a long time.
Good to see you're getting back out there. What was your reason for being off the ice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSalesman View Post
When are you going to make the switch to Bauer like everyone else?
I got to use a buddy's Nexus 1N pro return the other day, and I'm hooked. It was an amazing stick to use. All shots hit their targets, and I could pick up a pass like it was nothing.

Pricey?

My answer to that, is yolo.