REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-10-2014, 07:03 PM   #126
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallshorty View Post
I got a ticket with Diamond Parking recently but it was a hand written ticket for $78. I paid for parking but arrived 13 min late right after the ticket was written. When I looked up online for the ticket with the ticket number and my license plate, I couldn't find it. So when I called to ask about this ticket, it turned out they inputted my license plate incorrectly into their system from the hand written ticket. Of course I didn't correct them on that. So I may be off the hook assuming they don't refer back to the handwritten paper ticket. Keeping my fingers crossed.
AFAIK if they put in your license plate incorrectly you're off the hook. Think of it as the attendant being nice
Advertisement

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #127
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
so, just got a dps parking ticket while eating at pho tam.

called them and told them I did pay but brought the ticket in with me to get it reimbursed and now their giving me the "no receipt no appeal deal with it, nothing we can do".

what kinda scam are they running.. cant even take it up to court like the city parking.

has anything changed? or could you just ignore it.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #128
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Ignore it.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #129
I am Hook'd on RS

DPS is the worst kind of company around. Unlike Impark and other legit parking companies, DPS's model is to monitor the lot and give out as many tickets as possible.

There's a few malls that look like they have a shared parking lot, but if you walk to the other mall, they will give you a ticket.

I have no problem with pay parking but these guys are a joke.
Noreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #130
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreason View Post
DPS is the worst kind of company around. Unlike Impark and other legit parking companies, DPS's model is to monitor the lot and give out as many tickets as possible.

There's a few malls that look like they have a shared parking lot, but if you walk to the other mall, they will give you a ticket.

I have no problem with pay parking but these guys are a joke.
Just noticed this thread. I've had a lot of parking tickets due to my job. For Diamond parking I've been able to get out of every single one. I just emailed them.

questions@diamondparking.com

I was very polite and professional. Stating that the time entered on my ticket was incorrect (or whatever the case may be). And added scanned copies of receipts or references to prove I wasn't parked there. I just kept replying to the email every day asking for updates, they always cancelled the ticket within 5 days of my original email

The key is to be polite and professional. They are usually a hand written ticket that can't be backed up legally. Don't abuse this information and ruin it for me the next time I get a ticket though, lol.
meistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #131
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Last edited by IINur; 10-08-2014 at 07:03 AM.
IINur is offline   Reply With Quote