REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-12-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

vancouver city parking ticket: as pushovery as private parking tickets?

so the gist of tickets from private companies is that you can just ignore them. but what about city of vancouver ones? will it affect anything significant on personal records if ignored? i'm due to show up to dispute it, so i'm wondering if i should bother.

the thing is, the ticket occurred over a year ago, and since then, the car in question is a derelict. hell, they can come and take possession of the car, but they'll have to tow it.... (the scraps in it may or may not cover the cost...)
Advertisement
r-b-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Don't ever ignore a city ticket.

You'll find out when you renew your insurance.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

not to mention that u can be arrested by cops from road blocks if you have number of tickets that has been overdue
darkmooon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
The "You'd Know" Moderator

And if you decide to dispute it, remember to go to court, or there would be a warrant out for your arrest AND you will spend 1 hour in cuffs in the paddy wagon and ~2+ hours in a dirty cell by yourself waiting for the warrant. Then you will get a Promise to Appear (PTA), get out of the jail, and bus your way to where you parked you car from Hastings and Main (oh boy). Then you will have a choice of 1) going to the Traffic Court in downtown Vancouver to settle the fine or 2) go to court according to the PTA. If you forget to show up to court again, rinse and repeat.

If you don't dispute, but you don't pay, then you won't be able to renew your insurance, and your car will be towed by Busters if the Vancouver Parking Bylaw officers check out your car. Search on RS regarding Busters and you will have stories about Busters towtruck driver stealing from your car.

Now go visit https://revservices.vancouver.ca/tem...Mti/search.cfm to pay for your fine.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

you get 1 freebie per license plate, they call it a 'courtesy cancellation'. probably too late for you now
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
you get 1 freebie per license plate, they call it a 'courtesy cancellation'. probably too late for you now
ONLY IF the ticket is for parking/staying in the spot while the parking meter needle displays 00:00.

Any other tickets, he will have to pay/dispute.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Both private and municipal parking tickets are NOT linked to insurance renewal. FYI.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^ yes, I'm sure that's the official rule. But if you call up the parking ticket guys, they are good to talk with if you explain your circumstance (if it's legit). Of course, you can also be speaking with somebody who could care less about your plea.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Be a man...do the right thing...
Bear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear2 View Post
Be a man...do the right thing...
And stop fucking parking in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you did it anyway, man it up and admit it, you fucked up.

What's with all these people who think they should be above the rules anyway? Why did you think these parking rules are there in the first place?

Grow the fuck up.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

so it's serious business. gotcha. also, nothing wrong with bussing from main and hastings. done it many times in all 4 directions. since a kid. if old chinese woman can do it, you can too.
r-b-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

you have to pay the piper. Don't pay, and you risk a warrant and getting arrested. Plus it may affect your credit rating.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Yup, don't ignore city tickets....I actually got one the other day from a few months ago. It's only $30 if you pay early, if not they bump it up to $60.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
wow another thread about parking tickets... there have been so many of these lately. maybe there should be a dedicated parking ticket section on RS... SG are you reading this?
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote