REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #1051
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
^ mess with the wrong guy lol

stupid kids need to be punish anyways
Advertisement
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #1052
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Wow just retarded, for all involved, the kids slashing the tires and the guy killing the kid.
that shall show the rest of the punk ass kids not to mess with ppl's tires
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #1053
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

punishment =/= death; we don't advocate the death penalty afterall
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #1054
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ agree ... let him lives but break both his knee caps, so he cripples for the rest of his life ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #1055
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
How come Malo doesn't comment on Aliu & company's behaviour? It's not like they were innocent angels either...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #1056
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
As much as I want to say that we were all kids once... I never did dumb shit like that. My parents raised me not to disrespect another person's property.

Did the kid deserve to die? No. But I think if someone just slashed my tires or dented my door for no particular reason, I would be pretty fired up as well.

Kev
Old 07-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #1057
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
"Investigators have learned that the victim was with a group of other youths throughout the early morning hours; they had been engaged in drinking and conducting mischief by slashing tires on a number of vehicles in the area of the murder," police said in a statement.

Quote:
Mischief: is a vexatious or annoying action, or, conduct or activity that playfully causes petty annoyance. Young children, when they hear of mischief, think of practical jokes.
Under age drinking and slashing tires isn't mischief ,its criminal

Quote:
“This clearly demonstrates that those involved in or with the gang lifestyle will go to any extent to protect their property," Malo said.
Again a group of youths partaking in criminal activity are also a "gang" ,why is the cop not pointing that part out.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #1058
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Good riddance IMO.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #1059
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
2 dumbasses here, and both ruined their lives.

Guy #1: dumbass for slashing tires.
Guy #2: a bigger dumbass for killing someone over some tires

either way the streets lost 2 dumbasses for a while
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #1060
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

rip adem, i knew this guy, even though he was into the bad shit he was still a pretty chill guy.
boss604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #1061
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
yeah this adem guy was a close friend of someone i knew, shooting someone for slashing tires is harsh O.o but since this is the shooting thread which i just discovered.. has anyone heard of this? http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/n...4d93462&k=9438 could be a repost.. but that was on MY driveway and he was my tenant.. i heard gun shots, 6 of them =(

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #1062
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

so did you get to keep all your tenants belongings?
sam0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #1063
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnderinguy View Post
Under age drinking and slashing tires isn't mischief ,its criminal

Again a group of youths partaking in criminal activity are also a "gang" ,why is the cop not pointing that part out.
I suggest you pick up a law book. It certainly is mischief (in the legal sense). Also while your at it, pick up a grammar book [noun + noun + isn't = moron]

I suspect he didn't point out they were a gang, because they weren't. Again stop going by your dictionary definitions. I saw a group of elderly ladies jaywalking last week, should the Organized Crime Task Force be investigating them as well?

Alas, RIP to the victim. I agree with the sentiment; the punishment did not fit the crime, but I won't lose a lot of sleep over this one.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0m0 View Post
so did you get to keep all your tenants belongings?
lol nope, cause there were 3 people that rented out my basement. after his death, the other two moved out somewhere else

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
Old 07-17-2010, 08:28 PM   #1065
regulator

Quote:
Aliu was still figuring out what he wanted to be, but it would probably involve some form of helping people.
Helping people rid themselves of their insurance deductible?

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/98412799.html
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #1066
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigga250 View Post
Helping people rid themselves of their insurance deductible?

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/98412799.html
I'm thinking more towards the lines of helping people with their aim
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #1067
Banned (ABWS)

Not surprised it was in Surrey. From what I've heard from a lot of people that live in that area its really dangerous.
mqr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #1068
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqr03 View Post
Not surprised it was in Surrey. From what I've heard from a lot of people that live in that area its really dangerous.
Any area is dangerous if you are

a) doing something illegal
b) doing something dumb
Old 07-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #1069
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post

b) doing something dumb
Which means there's probably a higher statistical group of dumb people partaking in illegal activities in that area.
Lets agree that West End of Vancouver or even N.Vancouver is safer than Surrey. Surrey has a reputation for being a gang hotspot. Surrey is even the leading suburb of car jackings not only in BC but in all of Canada.
mqr03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #1070

Quote:
Which means there's probably a higher statistical group of dumb people partaking in illegal activities in that area.
Lets agree that West End of Vancouver or even N.Vancouver is safer than Surrey. Surrey has a reputation for being a gang hotspot. Surrey is even the leading suburb of car jackings not only in BC but in all of Canada.
If you look at the homicide map from last year there was at least as many if not more homicides in Vancouver then their were in Surrey.

Also one in West Vancouver and 2 in North Vancouver.

http://www.cbc.ca/bc/features/homicide/2009.html
Old 07-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #1071
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Quote:
The only "gang hotspot" in Surrey that people should be "scared" of is mainly Whalley and to some extent Guildford. When you start getting into Fleetwood, Fraser Heights etc, it feels better than being in Vancouver. Well for me anyways lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post

b) doing something dumb
lol well, i actually got jumped by 2 guys in newton. i was INNOCENT. i was with my friend and i just wanted to go grab some halls from safeway for my mom cause she was sick then we were walking home, i was walking slower cause i was texting on the phone and these 2 guys turn the corner and approached my friend asking for money and if he had a phone. and they grabbed my friend, threw him to the wall and pinned him there.. then i saw what was happenin and i came and jumped in and i shoved the guy away and towards the wall. he asks me if i had a phone.. LOL i was like "yeah i have a phone but i'm not giving it to you.." hahahahahaha. but anyways, yeah he threatened to mace me cause i won't give it, so i tried to get him into a choke then the other guy that was with him wrapped my jacket over my head and i couldn't see shit. then i fell to the ground and one guy was ontop of me tryna ground n pound.(luckily i am a "full contact" kinda guy in sports and i'm used to hard hits and etc.. i flipped over onto my belly so he couldn't beat on my face.) the other guy was kicking me. i then got a hold of the guy's leg who was punching me and he fell over and i got up and i tried to go for a ground n pound on him too LOL. then people started running towards us and the 2 guys got up n ran. i was CHOOOKED. i ripped off my jacket(it was ripped already from those bastards ) and i started to chase them but then they got away and traffic started to get in my way and after i got to the othr side of the street, they were gone >_____________>. all in all, i got my halls stolen, suffered a 2-3 day headache, bloody nose, and cut inner lip xD.. i also went to buy the same exact jacket the next day, it was my faaaave =( and the whole time, my "friend" watched me get rotated.. even though it was his fight.. i jumped in for him.. but anyways, yeah.. anywhere is dangerous, but not because you're doing something illegal or whatever =P it's just a matter of timing and who's there.. you know?

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
Old 07-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiCii View Post
lol well, i actually got jumped by 2 guys in newton. i was INNOCENT. i was with my friend and i just wanted to go grab some halls from safeway for my mom cause she was sick then we were walking home, i was walking slower cause i was texting on the phone and these 2 guys turn the corner and approached my friend asking for money and if he had a phone. and they grabbed my friend, threw him to the wall and pinned him there.. then i saw what was happenin and i came and jumped in and i shoved the guy away and towards the wall. he asks me if i had a phone.. LOL i was like "yeah i have a phone but i'm not giving it to you.." hahahahahaha. but anyways, yeah he threatened to mace me cause i won't give it, so i tried to get him into a choke then the other guy that was with him wrapped my jacket over my head and i couldn't see shit. then i fell to the ground and one guy was ontop of me tryna ground n pound.(luckily i am a "full contact" kinda guy in sports and i'm used to hard hits and etc.. i flipped over onto my belly so he couldn't beat on my face.) the other guy was kicking me. i then got a hold of the guy's leg who was punching me and he fell over and i got up and i tried to go for a ground n pound on him too LOL. then people started running towards us and the 2 guys got up n ran. i was CHOOOKED. i ripped off my jacket(it was ripped already from those bastards ) and i started to chase them but then they got away and traffic started to get in my way and after i got to the othr side of the street, they were gone >_____________>. all in all, i got my halls stolen, suffered a 2-3 day headache, bloody nose, and cut inner lip xD.. i also went to buy the same exact jacket the next day, it was my faaaave =( and the whole time, my "friend" watched me get rotated.. even though it was his fight.. i jumped in for him.. but anyways, yeah.. anywhere is dangerous, but not because you're doing something illegal or whatever =P it's just a matter of timing and who's there.. you know?
Yah you can find cases like this happening in every city...
Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #1074

yeah, i'm saying that it doesn't happen to people that are just involved with crime or that are just doing dumb stuff ONLY.. =P i used my case as an example

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
Old 07-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiCii View Post
yeah, i'm saying that it doesn't happen to people that are just involved with crime or that are just doing dumb stuff ONLY.. =P i used my case as an example
I should have reworded what I originally posted..
When I was talking about dangerous I was talking about getting stabbed or shot... not getting jumped and robbed... I know their are exceptions but I'm talking "on average"

If getting jumped and robbed made an area dangerous the entire world would be dangerous..