REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #1676
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
there were about 5 squad cars setting up around the apartment building on Sussex st. across from Metrotown looked like they were going to go in and bust someone

this was around 11:45am
Advertisement
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #1677
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2damaxmr2 View Post
Shooting takes practice ( There is no aimbot in real life). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to shank somebody.
so you're telling me you'd bring a knife to a gun fight?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #1678
Need to Seek Professional Help

I never said that... but knives does have its advantage at point blank range. Not to mention it is easily accessible and it is quiet. Most gang bangers does NOT carry a holster (They usually do Mexican style carry) which means quick draw is almost impossible.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #1679
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Wow, so sad about the 19 year old.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:42 PM   #1680
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
It reminds me a lot of the Poonam Randhawa murder in '99.

Kev
Old 09-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #1681
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc529 View Post
RIP

my friend, also a member on RS was working as security, he walked her to the car as most female student are afraid to go back to their car at night. They talked, and after my friend got to her car, he split up, and after he walked back to SFU, he heard 3 gun shot......

he went back and had to try and save her for 5 minutes before the cops came... he was sick to his stomach seeing blood coming out of the bullet holes.... he tried so hard to save her, but at the end he couldnt... he was telling me, his hand was full of blood, and his body was shaking..

Goddamn..... 1 minute ago u were talking to that person, 1 minute later ur trying to save her....

some fuked up shit was, a kid was taking picture of the girl that was kinda topless on the ground, because the security needed to rip her shirt and find the gunwound to stop the bleeding...... how can you even take ur phone out an start snapping picture at someone that's freaking dying in front of you.....???
Oh wow... that's messed up. Your security person friend could have also been killed!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #1682
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

damn! this is sad... I'm curious.. what time does SFU library closes?
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #1683
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
damn! this is sad... I'm curious.. what time does SFU library closes?

The shooting occurred at around 1:10am and students were still in the library soo...
Old 09-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1684
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Shots fired in Coquitlam - News1130
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #1685

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
there were about 5 squad cars setting up around the apartment building on Sussex st. across from Metrotown looked like they were going to go in and bust someone

this was around 11:45am
if south side of metro probably a meth lab. a couple of those ghetto houses are meth labs/ brothels
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #1686
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc529 View Post
RIP

my friend, also a member on RS was working as security, he walked her to the car as most female student are afraid to go back to their car at night. They talked, and after my friend got to her car, he split up, and after he walked back to SFU, he heard 3 gun shot......

he went back and had to try and save her for 5 minutes before the cops came... he was sick to his stomach seeing blood coming out of the bullet holes.... he tried so hard to save her, but at the end he couldnt... he was telling me, his hand was full of blood, and his body was shaking..

Goddamn..... 1 minute ago u were talking to that person, 1 minute later ur trying to save her....
that's fucked up; makes me think about that guy that died in the street on my block its just so surreal; at least he tried to save her that's very impressive

if it is her ex-boyfriend though seeing her chat up the security guard probably didn't help things im very surprised he didnt shoot the security guard as well tell your friend he's insanely lucky

Quote:
some fuked up shit was, a kid was taking picture of the girl that was kinda topless on the ground, because the security needed to rip her shirt and find the gunwound to stop the bleeding...... how can you even take ur phone out an start snapping picture at someone that's freaking dying in front of you.....???
i dont think he was snapping pics because her shirt was off... its just like the news or riots people just feel a need to document things

maybe he's gonna try and sell the photo to the media etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
shooting at mr. lube this afternoon in coquitlam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JDM View Post
whoa i must have just driven by there when it happened saw the ambulance heading towards it after i drove by a couple blocks
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #1687
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
wtf... sick to my stomach.

RIP Maple.
Qmx323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #1688
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
shooting at mr. lube this afternoon in coquitlam.
Not 100% for sure but happened just before 1pm across from where I work.
Mr.Lube on Barnett Hwy near coquitlam center.
5 shots were fired. Brown guy (iranian or east indian) runs in and shoots another brown guy who's getting his oil change.
Looks like the guy lived cause his eyes were open when rushed out by ambulance.

15 cop cars were on scene within 5 minutes. Undercover cop cars driving around. Dogs were checking the forrest. Helicopter in the air.

And they still manage to get away...
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #1689
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
heard that someone saw someone get in a car and book it just after it happened.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #1690
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/65334...ml#post7593648

My son was at SFU at the time. He and his friends saw the crowd of people and couldn't really get close to see what had happened. They were about to leave the parking lot when police arrived and taped off the lot.

At the time, I thought it was just a random gang shooting again, but holy carp, this is tragic. Poor girl had a good life ahead of her. So, so sad.

Last edited by MG1; 09-28-2011 at 05:18 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #1691
RS controls my life!

Terrible what happened to Maple, seems like an innocent person gunned down in cold blood. There was a guy shooting cars on 45th and fraser yesterday, apparently he killed himself... This town is getting trigger happy as of late, starting to get a bit freightened.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #1692
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
pics of the guy that was shot in coquitlam
Coquitlam RCMP on Scene of Another Shooting | Vancouver Sun Blogs
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #1693

Quote:
Terrible what happened to Maple, seems like an innocent person gunned down in cold blood. There was a guy shooting cars on 45th and fraser yesterday, apparently he killed himself... This town is getting trigger happy as of late, starting to get a bit freightened.
1. A guy barricades himself in his house, has a stand off with police and then kills himself
2. Young girl murdered at SFU from what looks like to be jealous ex bf
3. Gang member targeted

Three completely unrelated events and your conclusion is that Vancouver is getting "trigger happy." In what way does this make you a bit frightened? There was no immediate danger to the public and it seems all murders were targeted.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #1694
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
1. A guy barricades himself in his house, has a stand off with police and then kills himself
3. Gang member targeted

Three completely unrelated events and your conclusion is that Vancouver is getting "trigger happy." In what way does this make you a bit frightened? There was no immediate danger to the public and it seems all murders were targeted.
Somebodys been reading too many articles written by Kim Bolan.

She had the nerve to bring up the khun-khun murder and write about it for a paragraph or two in the article about the SFU student. How was that girl's murder even relevant to a gang shooting. Pissed me off, but it seems like she's revised and edited that out of her article.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #1695
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
3. Gang member targeted

the guy that barricaded himself in his house was actually shooting at cars on the street apparently
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #1696
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Somebodys been reading too many articles written by Kim Bolan.

She had the nerve to bring up the khun-khun murder and write about it for a paragraph or two in the article about the SFU student. How was that girl's murder even relevant to a gang shooting. Pissed me off, but it seems like she's revised and edited that out of her article.
Kim Bolan is a stupid cunt

RIP Maple
sunny_j is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 PM   #1697
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Some very tragic and perhaps unnecessary deaths of 3 young adults.

What people, espeically gun-control people, need to realize from all of these shootings, isn't that we need to get rid of all LEGALLY owned guns by legal gun owners, but the fact that there are some fundamental problems in our society these days that CREATED these criminals/psycho paths from committing such horrible crimes, and that the focus should be on the PEOPLE, not the OBJECT they used.

Without guns, they could've used knives (look at the UK for example, death rate by knives is through the roof), they could've used blunt objects like baseball bats/hammers, they could've used home-made bombs, or they could've used anything they could use as a weapon to fulfill their intention to hurt someone. Do guns make it easier? Of course! But almost all of these people acquired their guns through illegal means, and have nothing to do with the rest of the law-abiding gun owners in this country, that involuntarily get lumped together with these criminals/psycho paths. I find it amusing to see average people reacting to gun owners as if they're walking time bombs that could go off any second. The majority of the gun owners I know are law abiding, tax-paying, family-loving, and hard-working people that are no different than you or I, except that they own guns. They do not dream about doing gangster-style shooting or going ape-shit over little things, nor do they condone any violent act committed BY people WITH guns.

If banning or getting rid of guns really made the world a safer place, then why is the UK (complete ban on handguns and rifles) no more safer than it was before the ban? It's a very simple fact that people choose to ignore - bad people / criminals / crazies DO NOT OBEY THE LAW. You can ban and control all you want but crimes and murders will still happen by other means. Human beings are capable of doing some pretty nasty things to each other, and the means to that end is NEVER an issue.

These shooting deaths are mostly tragic and I do not like them one bit, but what I don't like even more is for those in FEAR (omg guns everywhere! I'm gonna get shot next! omg omg! guns, bad!) to react the wrong way and focus on the things/objects, instead of the people and their problems (broken homes, need for attention, mental issues, etc). Our current firearms act (bill C-68, implemented since 1995) was a knee-jerk reaction to the school shooting in Montreal, which sets out stricter rules and control over the use of firearms.... BUT.... look at us now, 16 years later, have the shootings stopped? The mere existence of this thread is a great collection of tragic stories to prove that why gun control doesn't work as a SAFETY tool (which is what the government wants you to believe - easy vote getting policy).

I'm not saying that we should have an open system where anyone and everyone can walk in to Walmart and pick up a 9mm. In fact, I support certain levels of gun control (what we have now with our licensing and registration system is decent) that will weed out the potential crazies and mentally unstable. But what I hope people can realize is that banning objects is never the answer to stopping these horrible acts from taking place.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #1698

Libertard won't listen even if you shove all the facts and data in their face.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #1699
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
Some very tragic and perhaps unnecessary deaths of 3 young adults.

What people, espeically gun-control people, need to realize from all of these shootings, isn't that we need to get rid of all LEGALLY owned guns by legal gun owners, but the fact that there are some fundamental problems in our society these days that CREATED these criminals/psycho paths from committing such horrible crimes, and that the focus should be on the PEOPLE, not the OBJECT they used.

Without guns, they could've used knives (look at the UK for example, death rate by knives is through the roof), they could've used blunt objects like baseball bats/hammers, they could've used home-made bombs, or they could've used anything they could use as a weapon to fulfill their intention to hurt someone. Do guns make it easier? Of course! But almost all of these people acquired their guns through illegal means, and have nothing to do with the rest of the law-abiding gun owners in this country, that involuntarily get lumped together with these criminals/psycho paths. I find it amusing to see average people reacting to gun owners as if they're walking time bombs that could go off any second. The majority of the gun owners I know are law abiding, tax-paying, family-loving, and hard-working people that are no different than you or I, except that they own guns. They do not dream about doing gangster-style shooting or going ape-shit over little things, nor do they condone any violent act committed BY people WITH guns.

If banning or getting rid of guns really made the world a safer place, then why is the UK (complete ban on handguns and rifles) no more safer than it was before the ban? It's a very simple fact that people choose to ignore - bad people / criminals / crazies DO NOT OBEY THE LAW. You can ban and control all you want but crimes and murders will still happen by other means. Human beings are capable of doing some pretty nasty things to each other, and the means to that end is NEVER an issue.

These shooting deaths are mostly tragic and I do not like them one bit, but what I don't like even more is for those in FEAR (omg guns everywhere! I'm gonna get shot next! omg omg! guns, bad!) to react the wrong way and focus on the things/objects, instead of the people and their problems (broken homes, need for attention, mental issues, etc). Our current firearms act (bill C-68, implemented since 1995) was a knee-jerk reaction to the school shooting in Montreal, which sets out stricter rules and control over the use of firearms.... BUT.... look at us now, 16 years later, have the shootings stopped? The mere existence of this thread is a great collection of tragic stories to prove that why gun control doesn't work as a SAFETY tool (which is what the government wants you to believe - easy vote getting policy).

I'm not saying that we should have an open system where anyone and everyone can walk in to Walmart and pick up a 9mm. In fact, I support certain levels of gun control (what we have now with our licensing and registration system is decent) that will weed out the potential crazies and mentally unstable. But what I hope people can realize is that banning objects is never the answer to stopping these horrible acts from taking place.
The UK is also a place where the government tries to enforce a state of fear much like the US does, where their bobbi's used to carry nothing but billy clubs around are all armed with MP5's or better around their necks now

While i was in london for a week i stayed in a fairly high end area right around the "marble arch" hyde park area, it was not uncommon to see 2-3 bentleys, ferrari, range rovers parked up and down the streets, these cops armed up on foot patrol would patrol these areas and were actively looking in/under cars with kids seats, toys hanging from the windows, etc. i'm asuming for Bombs and other things of the like

it's not an example of gun control necessarily but imo it's just simply another form of "control" which is used to hold down the population, even with these scare tactics etc. as you mentioned, crime and assaults/murders are up, the riots were not contained, etc.

if anything, forms of "control" almost worsen alot of situations

EDIT* And by the way, Like i said earlier on there is a very simple way to at least curb shootings, if you insist on keeping the gun registry, you simply implement a law where unregistered/stolen guns used in crimes come with SEVERE punishments

i knew of some kids back in the day, sorry to stereotype but your typical viet dyed bang, wanna-be gangsters who all had prior criminal records rolling around in a rental car, a cop pulls them over and finds some weed or whatever and 2 LOADED unregistered hand guns, all three of them were back out on the street the next day..

hand guns are used only for killing, thats pretty cut and dry, therefor by having a handgun, let alone one that is not registered, you clearly have intent to do harm upon others, yet you are punished with little to nothing?

The system itself is -FUCKED- gun control/registry is nothing in the big picture.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 PM   #1700
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Used to work with Maple. Very bright, beautiful girl. So sad to see shit like this happen.

RIP Maple
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote