REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #1876
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
This kind of shit is happening way too fucking often..
Advertisement
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #1877
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
My buddy lives on 56th in Abby, and the guy living next door just got killed. Apparently might've been gang related..but this is getting too close for comfort.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #1878
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
"VPD crews on scene male shot in head at restaurant inside Sheraton Wall Centre 1088 Burrard St, possible fatality"

Vancouver's first homicide of the year.
Wow, downtown? That's messed up!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #1879
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
"VPD crews on scene male shot in head at restaurant inside Sheraton Wall Centre 1088 Burrard St, possible fatality"

Vancouver's first homicide of the year.
updates? news?
Bahhbeehhaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:10 AM   #1880
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahhbeehhaaaa View Post
updates? news?
Man shot dead at Vancouver restaurant
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #1881
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
some guy was killed in Abbotsford a few days ago too but they haven't reported how

Abbotsford Murder Victim Identified as Ryan Saint-Ange | Vancouver Sun

also a local surrey dealer was executed in mexico monday morning http://www.vancouversun.com/news/gan...745/story.html

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-18-2012 at 12:37 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #1882
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

One of the Duhre brother got killed
Duhre brother killed in targeted shooting at Wall Centre restaurant
Posted via RS Mobile
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #1883
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Seems like Duhre was executed in a fashion similar to the restaurant scene in The Godfather.

Quote:
Sources say Duhre was meeting with two others in the Bar One restaurant at the posh hotel. When one man went to the washroom, the other man opened fire on Duhre, striking him several times in the face.

Read more: Gangster Sandip Duhre gunned down at posh Vancouver restaurant
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #1884

Quote:
SURREY (NEWS1130) - A man is dead and another injured after a gang-related shooting in Surrey. This marks the second murder of the year in that city and the third across the Lower Mainland.

It happened near 139th and 56th avenue around 11:30 last night. Two men, aged 27 and 28, were hit in the targeted shooting. Both were taken to hospital where one died; the other is in critical condition.

Many neighbours called News1130 early this morning to describe what they saw and heard. One woman tells us she heard six or seven shots.

"After that, we saw the cops come through into the yard with flashing lights, telling them to come out and freeze. All of a sudden, we heard 'gun shot wound to the head, in the car.' The car was running in the driveway with the light on.We then saw cops running to the car with the dogs and one cop telling another that there was a gun shot wound to the head and it was in the car."

She lives right next to the house where the shooting happened. She tells us the police came to her door. "We have cameras throughout our house and they wanted to come look at the surveillance video and wanted to see what it could capture."

"They told us that someone will be coming in the next couple days to get the video and stuff," she adds. "It's pretty scary. They told us that we can't come out and asked us how many shots we heard."

Homicide investigators say one of the two victims are known to police, but they won't say which one.
Third Lower Mainland murder of 2012 - News1130

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/dea...375/story.html

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1885

Quote:
Standoff, shots fired in Surrey
Two men arrested

SURREY (NEWS1130) - Two men have been arrested after they locked themselves in a Surrey home causing a long standoff with police this morning. There were shots fired while one of the men stood on the balcony.

Mounties cordoned off an area around 64th Avenue and 128th Street for most of the morning to deal with the situation.

No one was hurt and some neighbours spent the night elsewhere as a safety precaution. It's unclear if police will recommend charges.
Standoff, shots fired in Surrey - News1130
Old 01-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #1886
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Just found out the guy who got shot inside Sheraton lived across the street from my sisters old house. One of the reasons why they moved.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #1887

another last night

edited with better article
Quote:
METRO VANCOUVER - Police are continuing to search for a person of interest who fled officers after the shooting of a 22-year-old man near Surrey Memorial Hospital late last night.

The victim was found suffering from several gunshot wounds on a walking path in a park-like space in the vicinity of 92nd Avenue and 138th Street just after midnight, RCMP said Tuesday morning.

Several people from surrounding homes had called 911 reporting multiple gun shots.

"He was found . . . face down in a pathway," said RCMP spokesman, Cpl. Drew Grainger. The man had been shot in his torso several times. He was taken to hospital in serious condition.

The victim cooperated with police, providing the first name of his attacker as well as a description of a newer model Jeep Cherokee that he said was involved, Grainger said, noting that the victim is known to police.

Police stopped a vehicle matching that description a short distance away at 77th Avenue and 144th Street, Grainger said.

The driver fled as police approached the halted Jeep. He ran behind a nearby residence.

Officers surrounded the home with the help of police dogs, thinking initially that the man had gone into the residence.

"Visual contact was lost and a dog track was not established," Grainger said.

They seized the Cherokee, which appears to have been stolen, he added.

"We don't have a full name or a date of birth for this person of interest," he said, noting "[the investigation] is still very active and we're trying to track this guy down."

The person of interest is described as white, 6-feet-tall, and wearing a ball cap.

Grainger said the shooting was certainly targeted, but doesn't appear connected to recent gang-related activity in the Lower Mainland.

Surrey RCMP continues to investigate the crime scene and is canvassing the neighbourhood.

Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

eduggan@vancouversun.com
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/fou...#ixzz1kPwhSkJQ
Targeted shooting in Surrey - News1130
Old 01-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #1888
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^ hmm why did they announce that the victim is cooperating and told them the who shot him. I guess im just used to reading that the victim will not cooperate
Posted via RS Mobile
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #1889

think thats why they're saying its not gang related
Old 01-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #1890
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
it's so sad that this thread gets bumped almost daily
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #1891
G
Banned (BBM)

nvm

Last edited by G; 01-24-2012 at 11:48 PM.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #1892

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
"VPD says a man in his 30s was shot in the leg just after 6:30 a.m. He's now in hospital and expected to be okay. The victim is known to police and is not cooperating with officers."

Shooting in Vancouver - News1130
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #1893

saw this in a clip just now on cbc
W. 10th and Cambie thats like by the hospital, lucky for him?

happening waaaayyy too often, i called it! (broken window theory) but no1 listened
Old 01-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #1894
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Right by Vancouver City Hall
Old 02-02-2012, 04:18 AM   #1895
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Man found dead in Pitt Meadows believed to be murdered

Read more: Man found dead in Pitt Meadows believed to be murdered

http://www.mapleridgenews.com/news/138529284.html

Pretty sure I know who it is.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #1896

ah i heard about this too they didnt say how he died though

supposedly his first name is 'Brandon'
Old 02-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #1897

identity released guess those commenters were right guys name is Brandon Howson, 26 and known to police (a drug trafficking conspiracy charge)

Pitt Meadows homicide victim known to police

Quote:
METRO VANCOUVER - A young man killed in Pitt Meadows Tuesday has been identified as 26-year-old Brandon James Howson, of Maple Ridge.

Sgt. Jennifer Pound, of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team, said Howson was known to police and "it appears that this homicide was targeted."

"However, it is too early to speak to a motive or any gang affiliation," she said.

Howson had been ordered to stand trial in B.C. Supreme Court in April after being arrested with nine others in a trafficking ring that operated in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows in 2009.

He had no other criminal charges, but had faced a number of driving offences.

Howson was found in a field late Tuesday morning by a passer-by near 224th Street and 144th Avenue.

Pound said the specialized Lower Mainland Tactical Troop attended at the scene Wednesday to conduct an area search for any evidence that may assist IHIT investigators.

She said it invesigators are trying to determine if Howson was killed somewhere else and dumped where he was found.

And she said police are looking at whether Howson's death has anything to do with a series of tit-for-tat gangs slayings between two rival groups of criminals.

Since December 1, 2011, there have been 12 murders across the Lower Mainland, including the high-profile slaying of gangster Sandip Duhre in Vancouver Jan. 17.

Pound said IHIT is urging anyone with information about Howson's slaying to call investigators at 1-877-551-4448 or email ihittipline@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Despite his criminal links, Howson was not shy about filing his own suits in Small Claims Court.

Last November he took a former girlfriend to court, claiming he had given her a total of $702 throughout 2011 to help with her insurance and other payments and to buy a cellphone she was supposed to give to him.

"I have two witnesses to this matter," Howson wrote in his claim.

The young woman responded in court documents saying "Brandon was my boyfriend and gave me the money to help me out. I tried to pay him back and he refused to take the money two times."

kbolan@vancouversun.com

read my blog at vancouversun.com/therealscoop

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Pit...#ixzz1lKg8mktq

the location that they found him in is in some remote area of Ridge/Meadows that I never even knew existed off of some dirt road and a "passerby" found him ?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1898

Police got a suspect in the ridge meadows murder

Man charged with Pitt Meadows homicide

Some guy named Deboo
Old 02-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #1899
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I've known Brandon for about 15yrs and he actually is a good kid and by being known to police and the charge was just a stupid mistake and did not reflect the kind of person he actually was....

I'm happy this guy was caught finally some good news so quick after the murder was committed.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #1900

turns out there was a shooting on Sunday, in Surrey, a 50yr old had 5 people show up @ his door and shot him twice in the stomach

Quote:
Surrey RCMP responded to a shots fired call about 9:30 a.m. Sunday and found a man in his 50s had been hit in the stomach.

He was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

According to reports, the man, who is well-known to police, opened his door to find five men waiting for him. One shot him.

The shooting took place in the same apartment complex in the 13300-block of King George Blvd. where a woman was injured in another shooting over Christmas.

Surrey has had a number of non-fatal shootings this year.
Shooting in Surrey Sunday Morning | Vancouver Sun

and there was a shooting today also in Surrey

Quote:
Police make arrest, find burnt vehicle in North Delta after early-morning Surrey shooting

By EVAN DUGGAN, VANCOUVER SUN February 7, 2012 9:26 PM

Read more: Police make arrest, find burnt vehicle in North Delta after early-morning Surrey shooting

METRO VANCOUVER - Aaron Tam was once a mixed martial arts fighter in Surrey.

Now the drug trafficker targeted in a shooting Tuesday morning is fighting for his life.

Tam, 28, was gunned down just after 6 a.m. after pulling his rental car over in the 14300-block of 92 Avenue.

Surrey RCMP Cpl. Drew Grainger said investigators don’t yet know if he was planning a drug deal or had been concerned someone was following him.

“He is not cooperating with us at all,” Grainger said.

Tam got out of his blue rented 2012 Hyundai Elantra and was pushed to the ground. His would-be assassin opened fire.

“He was shot in the leg area, up to the torso and up towards the head,” Grainger said.

“He is shot several times, left on the side of the road. And then the gunman takes off in the car. And despite his injuries, he has the where-with-all to actually get across the road and go to a neighbouring residence, knock on the door and summon help.”

Tam was also able to give a good enough description of the vehicle before he was taken to hospital where he remained in critical condition Tuesday afternoon after surgery.

About 90 minutes later, police in Delta were called to a vehicle fire on the edge of Burns Bog. The vehicle description matched Tam’s Hyundai. And residents in the area reported seeing two young men fleeing near trail entrances in the 7300-block of Bates Road.

Within minutes, officers found a 21-year-old suspect - his hands badly burned from trying to light the car on fire - but the second man escaped into the dense brush of the bog. A search lasted for several hours, but was then called off.

Grainger said investigators are still trying to figure out a motive. Tam is well-known to them for his involvement in the local drug trade.

He has a string of convictions dating back a decade and some gang connections - in August 2010 he was charged with trafficking in Surrey along with Christopher Iser - who was later arrested in Kensington Park by the Gang Task Force, allegedly in possession of guns and in the company of several others linked to the so-called Dhak group. The joint trafficking charges faced by Iser and Tam were later stayed. Iser is currently on trial on firearms charges in Vancouver Provincial Court.

The quiet dead-end street where Tam was shot only has houses on the south side with wooded trails covering the north side of the street. It is known as a spot where suspicious vehicles conduct late-night drug transactions.

“It is certainly a good place to hide to do your business. I know when I was a patrol guy and I worked in the Whalley area, that was where we saw suspicious cars all the time, Grainger said.

Investigators don’t know if the attempt on Tam’s life is linked to his trade or gang connections he has.

“This guy is heavily involved in the drug trade and we know organized crime is heavily involved in the drug trade,” Grainger said. “But a direct connection to any of the organized groups that we are currently monitoring, I can’t say that for sure.”

eduggan@vancouversun.com

Read more: Police make arrest, find burnt vehicle in North Delta after early-morning Surrey shooting
video and pics of the hyundai @ the link

Surrey
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: