REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #2301
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Yeah just saw it on the news I think they said a 60yr old was killed

To shut down the bridge and ignore all other avenues of "escape" though is a bit silly imo
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #2302

There was a shooting on Bridgeport & Shell rd tonight

Quote:

BREAKING: #Richmond RCMP confirm one man has been sent to hospital after a shooting on Bridgeport Rd. No arrests have been made.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #2303
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

anyone know what happened?
Tai Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #2304
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
There was a "police incident" in Richmond on Minoru from Lansdowne to Westminster Hwy... Hearing may be bomb threat or a shooting...

Last edited by sonick; 12-05-2013 at 03:47 PM.
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #2305

20yr old was killed on Thursday near fraserview golf course

Quote:
Vancouver police has released the identity of a young man shot to death Thursday as Xin Shi “Steven” Dong.

Dong, just 20 and a Burnaby resident, was

discovered in the 2400-block of Ancaster Crescent about 6:30 p.m. by a neighbour. Const. Brian Montague said Dong is ”
known to police and was associated to gangs and connected to the drug trade.

“It is still early in the investigation, but the murder does appear to be targeted,” Montague said.

The slaying is Vancouver’s sixth murder of 2013.

Montague said the area is a “quiet residential neighbourhood near the Fraserview Golf Course.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Vancouver Police Major Crime Section at 604-717-2500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Man found murdered in south Vancouver Thursday ? UPDATE | Vancouver Sun
Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #2306
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
^ my buddies best friend bf ;/ they so devastated. Feels bad man
Posted via RS Mobile
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #2307
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Colorado high school shooting leaves 1 student dead, 2 wounded - World - CBC News

Yikes
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #2308
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
^ my buddies best friend bf ;/ they so devastated. Feels bad man
Quote:
Dong is known to police and was associated to gangs and connected to the drug trade.
Your buddy's best friend sure picked a winner.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #2309
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Just because you've been "associated" with a gang and possibly sold a dime bag or two, doesn't mean you're a bad person
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #2310
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Just because you've been "associated" with a gang and possibly sold a dime bag or two, doesn't mean you're a bad person
Pretty sure the typical dime bag dealers do not hold enough weight to warrant a targeted shooting upon them. Besides, he called him a winner... as in being the 1 of only 6 people to be murdered in Vancouver this year.
Gee.Tee.Ar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #2311

Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
there are bad and good ppl everywhere, in every trade, illegal and legal their profession doesn't dictate how good/bad they are, or can be, but those in the illegal trade will always be looked down upon regardless, no need to feel a need to defend them, it won't change opinions

yes we know those in legal trade do illegal things too it doesn't matter to most people though
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #2312
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Lol unnecessary asshole comment cool... Knew the guy, wasn't too cool with him but regardless its sad to hear something like this... Family and friends are devasted, rip sd
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #2313
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Only 20 years old, what a waste of a life. And there's been a few shootings in that area over the past few months including that murder on Victoria Drive, wonder if this shooting is related.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #2314
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
Partied with him a few times. Guess I wasnt too surprised when it happened tho but he was a chill dude. RIP
Jegz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #2315
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Mr. Dong's choice in his peers wasn't very smart, and he paid the ultimate price. I'm not saying he deserved to die, but he was obviously in bad company. You are who you run with. I'm sure this shocked a lot of people that knew him, but not unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegglez View Post
Guess I wasnt too surprised when it happened
Even a person who partied with him a few times knew that something bad could happen to him.

I have some experience with this: 20 years ago, a family friend was killed in gang-related violence because he chose to hang out with the wrong crowd. Everyone was sad, but no one was surprised. His mom was even somewhat relieved when it happened because she was always worried that that would be the night he wouldn't make it home.

On the flip-side, I have a cousin that hung around with a bad crowd. Fortunately, he was able to recognize it, cut all those people out of his life, went to school, and now has a family and well-paying job.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #2316

Death in Surrey, people heard gunshots last night body found today

http://www.news1130.com/2013/12/17/i...ase-in-surrey/

Quote:
IHIT called to a case in Surrey
A witness tells us it appears a man had been shot
News1130 Staff December 17, 2013 1:22 pm

SURREY (NEWS1130) – Homicide investigators have been called in after a body was found in Whalley today.

The body was found around 11 a.m. in the area of 124th St. and 102nd Ave.

“I can confirm that IHIT has taken conduct of this case. Details such as the victim’s age or gender are not known. IHIT is treating this as a suspicious death case at this time until further examination of the scene is completed. We are in the first few hours of the investigation and very little is known to us at this time,” says Sgt. Bari Eman of IHIT.

Anyone with information is asked to call the IHIT tipline at 1-877-551-4448 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #2317

^^^ update to that story

Quote:
Twenty-fourth homicide in Surrey a targeted attack: IHIT
Philip Oun, 23, was known to police

News1130 Staff December 18, 2013 6:11 pm

SURREY (NEWS1130) – Surrey’s latest homicide is believed to have been a targeted attack.

Homicide investigators say 23-year-old Philip Oun was known to police and involved in criminal activity. “IHIT investigators along with the Surrey RCMP have resources in place and are working to determine the motive for the killing.” says Sgt. Adam MacIntosh of IHIT.

Oun’s body was found in the area of 124 Street and 102 Avenue around 11 a.m. yesterday.

“I want to assure Surrey residents that they are safe, unless they involve themselves in high risk activities and lifestyles that put them in danger or at risk for harm. The victim in this latest incident is another in a long list of persons who have become victims because of their lifestyle. The unfortunate ultimate reality of a criminal lifestyle, as I have said so many times before is jail or death. If you involve yourself in this level of criminal activity, the likelihood of ending up dead in a ditch or in jail is very high; actually I would say it is inevitable,” says RCMP Chief Superintendent Bill Fordy.

Investigators are looking for Oun’s vehicle; a blue, 2008 Chrysler Sebring with BC License 741 TMP.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #2318
Banned (ABWS)

holy fuck... I didn't know him that well but he was always a funny guy with a good sense of humor. The RCMP Chief Superintendent is such a goof. Despite his life choices the victim was still a person with family, Fordy needs to stfu with the "it was his fault, the RCMP doesn't care" attitude and maybe try solving or preventing shit like this.

- kinda off topic but...

Quote:
On the flip-side, I have a cousin that hung around with a bad crowd. Fortunately, he was able to recognize it, cut all those people out of his life, went to school, and now has a family and well-paying job.
Sometimes you grow up with "the bad crowd" and you can go to school make something better of yourself but in the end you can't change who you grew up with and completely cut ppl out of your life when they are like brothers. You wouldn't cut out someone who was actually your brother by blood just because they are involved with something you don't like so why is it different for close friends you grew up with.

Last edited by Red-nijzllab; 12-19-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #2319
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i was friends with Philip and his sister in school... kind of a shock really as he really wasnt someone who stood out in a crowd or someone to ever cause issues.. i guess his crowd changed after highschool

from her facebook: I will greatly miss you, and forever love you brother.

i didnt even notice it until now

snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #2320
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-nijzllab View Post
holy fuck... I didn't know him that well but he was always a funny guy with a good sense of humor. The RCMP Chief Superintendent is such a goof. Despite his life choices the victim was still a person with family, Fordy needs to stfu with the "it was his fault, the RCMP doesn't care" attitude and maybe try solving or preventing shit like this.
He's reassuring the public that they have little to worry about if they're not in the gang-life. That very sentiment is a tool to prevent people from joining the gang life and preventing murders.

Don't understand how that makes him a goof?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #2321
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
He's reassuring the public that they have little to worry about if they're not in the gang-life. That very sentiment is a tool to prevent people from joining the gang life and preventing murders.

Don't understand how that makes him a goof?
Well what makes him so sure he was involved in anything, seems like anyone who knows someone or gets caught doing one little thing is a gang member now a days? They don't even know who did it and this guy assumes it was targetted hit? And he doesn't even comment on the investigation, he just says pretty much this is gang related and gangs are why this happened, while IHIT are probably just playing with their dicks. Too many times other people I know or myself are victims of crimes like burglary or anything else and the cops pretty much have a "your lying" or "youre involved in bad stuff" attitude and give 2 fucks. The same thing can be said here, you can tell his attitude is that this is something that the cops don't need to investigate.
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #2322
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Cause homie flipping burgers at mcdonalds ain't getting shot at 2am
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #2323
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
for a second i thought it was an RS member.... then realized its not Steven.Duang or whatever his name is
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #2324

I dont agree with the police statement either "dont worry unless you're a criminal" is basically what was said and given the Surrey Six trial currently taking place it seems a bit idiotic to word things in such a way (that's not the only case where innocents were hit either).

Also given the time of day and locations most of the murders/shootings have been taking place this year it just adds to how inappropriate the officers words are, do they want us to believe that these are elite sharpshooters who never fail?

Dianne Watts just can't stand the bad image of her city no matter how much she tries to shed that image by coating the city in sugar it doesn't help since the actual problem isn't being addressed. Hell they didn't even want to classify this as a murder initially since it would break the cities record! It's no surprise that they want the public to feel at ease by issuing such statements but it seems a bit desperate.

side note apparently there are police raids going on around town (vancouver/coquitlam/?) today wonder when we'll hear the details
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #2325
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
i was friends with Philip and his sister in school... kind of a shock really as he really wasnt someone who stood out in a crowd or someone to ever cause issues.. i guess his crowd changed after highschool

from her facebook: I will greatly miss you, and forever love you brother.

i didnt even notice it until now

Hey Snails, is this the Phillip Oun i think they're talking about...?