REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #2326
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcognito View Post
Hey Snails, is this the Phillip Oun i think they're talking about...?

yes sir it is

Advertisement
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #2327
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Oun’s vehicle; a blue, 2008 Chrysler Sebring
totally worth selling drugs for
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #2328

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
totally worth selling drugs for
I think it's a little premature to say whether it was worth it or not. It might have been a Sebring convertible...
Old 12-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #2329
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I think it's a little premature to say whether it was worth it or not. It might have been a Sebring convertible...
sitting on 24's
dboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #2330
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy View Post
sitting on 24's
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #2331
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
yes sir it is

Can't say that these type of things weren't bound to happen when you chose to live that kind of lifestyle, but I'm still sorry to hear that...
Old 12-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #2332
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
police fire on a stolen vehicle

Quote:
Shots rang out at a Langley intersection on Christmas Day after police officers tried but failed to arrest a man driving a stolen vehicle.

The incident started at around 1 p.m. when a man who had his car stolen on Christmas Eve spotted his distinctive black Honda del Sol being driven in Cloverdale and called 911.

Surrey Mounties in two police cruisers followed the car, and managed to box it in at 200 Street near 72 Avenue in Langley.

“The driver of the stolen car began ramming the police cars out of the way,” said Insp. Tim Shields. “There were shots fired by the police, and the stolen car was struck.”

The driver managed to ram the cruisers out of the way and escape.

About half an hour later, police found the stolen car abandoned about 10 blocks away in Cloverdale. It had been towed to the Surrey RCMP detachment. The driver remains at large.

Witness Wes McClinton said he saw two cruisers pin the car from the front and back, and officers approach the vehicle with weapons drawn.

“I heard one shot, and I think it was the back window was shattered,” he said. “And it didn’t seem to deter the guy, he was rocking his car back and forth, trying to get out of it.”

“I was looking around at other cars, everyone’s faces were just jaws dropped, people were shaking, some people weren’t moving still,” McClinton said.

Tracey Tilsley was inside the Petro-Canada gas station when she saw the black car slam into the cop car behind it.

“It was a good strong ram. The guy must have floored it. It set the cruiser back several feet,” she said.

As the car tore out of the scene, she heard gunfire, three or four pops: “Bang, bang, bang. You can see the smoke from the guns.”

Tilsley said her immediate reaction was shock because police opened fire at such a public place.

“I thought ‘how can they shoot here?’” said Tilsley. “What if there was a pedestrian in the crosswalk? There were cars all around them. It seemed someone could have died from a shooting from the officers trying to stop this car.

“I don’t know what the guy in the black car did,” she said. “I guess it must be pretty serious for them to start firing.”

Shields said neither of the officers were injured, and there were no indications the driver was hit. Police will be conducting an independent review of the incident to see if the officers acted appropriately in their use of force.

“It’s definitely one of the components that we’re now going to be looking at in-depth,” said Shields.

A resident who lives in the area where the car was found, near 68 Avenue and 195 Street, reported seeing police “cornered in” a black car with a bullet hole in the front windshield, on the driver’s side.

Police are now appealing for witnesses or anyone with information on the driver’s whereabouts to come forward. The driver is described as a white man in his ’40s with scruffy facial hair, shoulder-length brown hair, and glasses.

chchan@theprovince.com

twitter.com/cherylchan

dfumano@theprovince.com

twitter.com/fumano

© Copyright (c) The Province
http://www.theprovince.com/news/fras...394/story.html
Police-involved shooting in Langley | News1130
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #2333
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
^ What the fuck

"Independent review to see if the officers acted appropriately in their use of force"

What the fuck are you supposed to do as an officer in that situation? Pull out your pepper spray?

If you steal a car and ram police cruisers... I think it's pretty fair to be shot at.
Posted via RS Mobile
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #2334
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
^ What the fuck

"Independent review to see if the officers acted appropriately in their use of force"

What the fuck are you supposed to do as an officer in that situation? Pull out your pepper spray?

If you steal a car and ram police cruisers... I think it's pretty fair to be shot at.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ya, it's likely that they did the only appropriate thing however, more and more officer related shootings have been an excessive use of force and have been completely uncalled for. And also, any use of force has to be reviewed. Just because the offer says "ya he had a knife" dosen't mean he was right and it's all okay. Discharge a weapon there is always a review at some level
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #2335
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I thought a review was standard every time a shot is fired?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #2336
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Red Scorpions leader killed in stabbing

Quote:
Red Scorpions leader confirmed as victim of deadly stabbing | News1130
ABBOTSFORD (NEWS1130) – The man who died after walking into the Abbotsford Auto Mall yesterday with a stab wound to the neck was a high-profile gang leader.

It was Matthew Campbell, 31, with the Red Scorpions; he was attacked around 4 p.m. along Automall Drive. He later died in hospital. Police believe it was a targeted attack.

Campbell had taken over the gang after the arrest or murder of other gang members in recent years, including the Bacon brothers.

Homicide investigators have been called in; they are still looking for a suspect.

Ranj Dhaliwal, who has authored several fiction books based on the local gang scene, doesn’t think this killing will lead to more gang violence in the Lower Mainland.

“I don’t think that this is going to escalate into gang violence in regards to the Red Scorpions or any other gangs that are moving in on the turf. I think that the big thing that’s going to happen now is that… there’s a void that now has to be filled here [in terms of] leadership… there’s going to be people trying to fill that void. I think that’s what’s going to happen at the moment. I don’t think that we’re going to see any more brazen shooting all over, like we have in the past decade or so, anytime there was a high-profile gang hit like this.”

“I think that the guys that are the players within the gangs themselves… it’s all political within the gangs. They’re going to be lobbying to get themselves somebody as a figurehead — somebody that can lead them,” he tells us.

“If that doesn’t happen, over the course of time, the groups are going to divide up. As we’ve seen in the last two decades, whenever somebody’s loyal to one gang and the leader had been knocked off, we see them starting their own little groups or committing their own individual crimes and breaking away, forming other groups. Unless this leadership role can be filled, I think that they may start falling apart.”

But Dhaliwal notes the Red Scorpions is a very prominent gang. “So, it’s one of those things where they’ve made themselves sort of a brand where others want to join up and want to be part of this gang, this group. I don’t see it faltering at all, in that respect.”

“But in regards to a full-scale gang war starting up because of this… if anybody does come out and say that there’s any warnings of that… I don’t think that’s what’s happened here. As of right now, we don’t know if it was a rival gang, we don’t know if it was an inside job, we don’t know if it was just an issue he had with someone else, personally.”

He doesn’t think Campbell’s killing will put an end to the Red Scorpions gang.

“Just like most groups, once they’ve established a name, it’s easier to jump onto that name and use that name to intimidate and instill fear in other smaller crime groups. So, breaking away and starting something new… they’re goig to be starting from scratch right from the bottom and I doubt something like that would happen. These guys have a big name — there’s a trial going on with the Surrey Six — so, they’re all over the news. I think all over North America, people do know who the Red Scorpions are. So, it’s not one of those things where there’s going to be a break-off group or they start a new gang in this regard.”
Old 01-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #2337

meh

is that even still a gang? stabbed to death so im assuming a crackhead stabbed him
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #2338
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
^ lolwut @ ur assumption...
a gang is a gang, they all are tied together and prob will keep in touch, hopeflly theres will be no more public shootings
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #2339

Lol at gangs in BC. These so called gangs are nothing but little thugs. If they were in China they would be shut down as soon as they even think about starting a gang. Let alone a poorly run poorly organized little bunch of dumbasses. Just shows how incompetent RCMP really is. Canada = USELESS Incompetent system.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #2340
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,902 Times in 749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post
Lol at gangs in BC. These so called gangs are nothing but little thugs. If they were in China they would be shut down as soon as they even think about starting a gang. Let alone a poorly run poorly organized little bunch of dumbasses. Just shows how incompetent RCMP really is. Canada = USELESS Incompetent system.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
^ lolwut @ ur assumption...
stabbings are largely from crackheads (its just a fact) not saying they're the only ones to stab but in that world the majority of stabbings are from junkies robbing dealers or young kids trying to be thugs fighting other young kids trying to be thugs but anyway if i were to place a bet yeah
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #2342
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
if you have a source for that than ill believe u lol, anyone can pick up a knife than stab someone.. not everyone have access to a gun/would prefer using a gun rather than a knife
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #2343

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
if you have a source for that than ill believe u lol,
a source that indicates which criminals who've stabbed people are crackheads and not simply drug dealers? lol, no. it's almost common sense though since the DTES was once the skid row stabbing capital of NA (pre-olympics) and given crackheads have access to knives more so than guns. i've also come to my assumption based on assisting legal aid attorneys and what i hear from my family who work in ERs

Again i'm not saying it's definite that a crackhead was the cause of him being stabbed it's just that I find it the most likely scenario

Quote:
anyone can pick up a knife than stab someone.. not everyone have access to a gun/would prefer using a gun rather than a knife
right i acknowledged that possibility but like i said if i were to bet on it id bet on a crackhead doing it in a robbery attempt

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-05-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #2344

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
was this supposed to be funny? mocking at the chinese again?

modern gangs are all about making money the 'legit' way. most influential members are mostly political figures and bosses of various corporations. violence is rarely used anymore. no body cares if you look big and scary. nobody gives a damn about tattoos or gang signs. that's history. nowadays its all about being civilized and making money off politics.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #2345
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
was this supposed to be funny? mocking at the chinese again?

modern gangs are all about making money the 'legit' way. most influential members are mostly political figures and bosses of various corporations. violence is rarely used anymore. no body cares if you look big and scary. nobody gives a damn about tattoos or gang signs. that's history. nowadays its all about being civilized and making money off politics.

I still sometimes crank this
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #2346

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts

reeeeal professionals
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:06 PM   #2347
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
then go back to china and be a "real" gansta
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #2348
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
not gang related or shooting.. but really really fucked up.. its like something out of GTA..

Quote:
Police seek suspect after car thefts, stabbing

RCMP and Vancouver Police are on the hunt for the suspect in a series of car thefts and stabbings Sunday evening.

Officials say the suspect was first involved in a high-speed crash in Richmond near the East-West Connector and Highway 99.

He reportedly rear-ended a minivan with a family of three people inside.

All were sent to hospital with unknown injuries.

Police say the suspect then jumped out of his own vehicle and ran into a nearby home – where he stabbed a homeowner and stole the person’s vehicle. He then drove the vehicle into Vancouver, where police say he allegedly tried to rob a man at an ATM near Victoria and Kingsway.

He then went across the street to a gas station and car-jacked a second vehicle.

The driver received minor injuries, but was able to escape with his wife and two children, before the suspect drove off in the stolen car.

Police are now searching for the suspect in that vehicle, a 2002 grey four-door Honda Civic with BC license plate 360 SGR.

The man is described as white, early 30′s, 6′ tall, with a heavy build.

He has a light goatee with stubble, short brown hair and was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans.

Police warn the man is considered armed and dangerous – if you see the vehicle, you’re asked to immediately call 911.
Police seek suspect after car thefts, stabbing - BC | Globalnews.ca
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #2349
R5x
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

My uncle is the one with the wife and kids that received minor injuries. Story is inaccurate as I'm pretty sure the police have my uncle's car and it was not taken by suspect.

The suspect is still loose. Be safe out there, everyone.
R5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #2350
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts

Last edited by shawnly1000; 01-05-2014 at 11:47 PM.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote