REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 AM   #2501
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,171
Thanked 5,273 Times in 890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx604 View Post
Do you have much trouble w/ blackouts? It says on the site that if the game's on Canadian TV, it may be blacked out. I want access to every game. And it'd be cool to watch on my Android.
Nope, I use VPN if anything happens, and I also have TV haha =P

only 1 blackout game / day
Advertisement
Vale46Rossi is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #2502
"Meat and Potatoes" - JB
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sbisa's Garage
Posts: 11,124
Thanked 3,499 Times in 1,166 Posts
my fucking god artest.
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #2503
2013 & 2016 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion
 
HonestTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,090
Thanked 878 Times in 398 Posts
Artest /Fail
HonestTea is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #2504
"Meat and Potatoes" - JB
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sbisa's Garage
Posts: 11,124
Thanked 3,499 Times in 1,166 Posts
shitt


evans go home
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:28 AM   #2505
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 327
Thanked 136 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
my fucking god artest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Artest /Fail
LMFAO, you guys are ridiculous.

So let me get this straight; Kobe goes 9/25 from the field this game. On the final possession, Kobe jumps to shoot however is well contested and is therefore forced to pass. He makes a bad pass to Ron Artest that is, not only out of Artest's shooting pocket, but forces him to shuffle a few feet towards his right, yet Artest is the one who fails?

Typical Kobe Bryant cock riders.

Skip to 2:45 if you guys want to see the play:

Last edited by 1-Slicer-1; 12-01-2010 at 12:42 AM.
1-Slicer-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #2506
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
hotjoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 12,627
Thanked 633 Times in 343 Posts
can't believe we lost to the grizz last night
hotjoint is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #2507
"Meat and Potatoes" - JB
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sbisa's Garage
Posts: 11,124
Thanked 3,499 Times in 1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
LMFAO, you guys are ridiculous.

So let me get this straight; Kobe goes 9/25 from the field this game. On the final possession, Kobe jumps to shoot however is well contested and is therefore forced to pass. He makes a bad pass to Ron Artest that is, not only out of Artest's shooting pocket, but forces him to shuffle a few feet towards his right, yet Artest is the one who fails?

Typical Kobe Bryant cock riders.

Skip to 2:45 if you guys want to see the play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6albrvGZaxo
i see your argument.. but after he shuffled his feet and got control the ball, he should of elevated for the shot instead of pump faking and giving Gay time to come over and block the shot..

it was over as soon as Artest hesitated and Kobe driving to the paint resulted in 4 grizzly players moving towards him, sure, the pass wasn't perfect, there was one guy jumping behind tryin to swat the ball away but Artest WAS OPEN. The grizzles were just able to get to him quickly.

regardless if Kobe elevated to shoot or not it, he was able to draw defenders towards him and gave artest a glimpse to take and make the GWS
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #2508
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 327
Thanked 136 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
it was over as soon as Artest hesitated and Kobe driving to the paint resulted in 4 grizzly players moving towards him, sure, the pass wasn't perfect, there was one guy jumping behind tryin to swat the ball away but Artest WAS OPEN. The grizzles were just able to get to him quickly.
That is not true. When Artest caught the ball, he hesitated because Gay had closed out on him very well. He did a shot fake to see if Gay would fall for it. Gay didn't fall for it, so Artest backed up in order to create space. Unfortunately, Artest isn't exactly the quickest guy in the world, which is why Gay managed to still get a piece of his shot.
1-Slicer-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #2509
My homepage has been set to RS
 
goo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Van
Posts: 2,050
Thanked 192 Times in 118 Posts
If you wanna be picky, he could have passed it back to Kobe cuz he was open.
goo3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #2510
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ true that, I'm pretty sure Kobe would easily elevate for a very good attempt over OJ mayo who was close by and would have been the only one going up to contest Kobe if Ron Ron would have swung it back quickly.

Kobe lost the game though, you're Kobe fckin Bryant you get any call you want, go right the fuck and dig into the defense create contact sink the free throws don't be a bitch and fade away, bitch move on his part. Looks like he already beat OJ to the paint he just needed to take one step further in and 1 of the 3 grizzlies around him would have fouled for sure
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #2511
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
TRDood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: V
Posts: 7,848
Thanked 656 Times in 326 Posts
^^

Exactly what I was thinking. He was only 1 step away from the paint. Drive, shoot, and draw the foul. Even if Artest gets the shot clean, it doesn't mean he will get it in.
Does that make 3 straight losses to the Lakers? :S
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:15 AM   #2512
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 327
Thanked 136 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
^^

Exactly what I was thinking. He was only 1 step away from the paint. Drive, shoot, and draw the foul. Even if Artest gets the shot clean, it doesn't mean he will get it in.
Does that make 3 straight losses to the Lakers? :S
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ true that, I'm pretty sure Kobe would easily elevate for a very good attempt over OJ mayo who was close by and would have been the only one going up to contest Kobe if Ron Ron would have swung it back quickly.

Kobe lost the game though, you're Kobe fckin Bryant you get any call you want, go right the fuck and dig into the defense create contact sink the free throws don't be a bitch and fade away, bitch move on his part. Looks like he already beat OJ to the paint he just needed to take one step further in and 1 of the 3 grizzlies around him would have fouled for sure
Yeah, it's easy to think that now, but that simply isn't Kobe's game...His last clutch moments are always off of tough shots from mid to 3point range so you can't argue that he should have done this or should have done that seeing how he is the most clutch player this game has ever seen. He knows what he was doing and, unfortunately for him, this one time he was very well defended. Call it a "bitch" move for him to fade away, but Kobe has won countless number of games in the dying seconds doing exactly that.

Take a look for yourself:

Last edited by 1-Slicer-1; 12-02-2010 at 01:31 AM.
1-Slicer-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:30 AM   #2513
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,033
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Yea I know I've seen pretty much all his buzzer beaters since he came into the league, I'm just saying the game is on the line you gotta throw everything out the window and make the right move, doesn't matter what your game is Whether it's shooting or drawing fouls, make the right move to give your team the chance to win.

And that you tube clip of yours confirms he made the wrong move, it shows most if not all his buzzer beaters come from fade or pull up type of shots, when I saw him running down the court i was a 100% sure he was gonna pull up for a 3 right in Mayos face, which would have been as good as any look you can get, very surprised to see him drive and even more surprised to see him pass off and not fully penetrate, because there's only one reason a player puts his head down and rushes into the lane like a running back, it's to get to the hoop
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #2514
Banned (BBM)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,148
Thanked 627 Times in 368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
Yeah, it's easy to think that now, but that simply isn't Kobe's game...His last clutch moments are always off of tough shots from mid to 3point range so you can't argue that he should have done this or should have done that seeing how he is the most clutch player this game has ever seen. He knows what he was doing and, unfortunately for him, this one time he was very well defended. Call it a "bitch" move for him to fade away, but Kobe has won countless number of games in the dying seconds doing exactly that.

Take a look for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PB4LU4wKEU
i wonder if he clutches more than jordan
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #2515
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
411ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,342
Thanked 484 Times in 257 Posts
In case anyone forgot.. it's LeBron's return to cleveland... game just started!!

Feels like game 7 of the nba finals or something.. damnnn
411ken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #2516
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 1,531
Thanked 52 Times in 35 Posts
why the hells the game on tsn2!!!!!!!!! wtf!!!!
Alpine50 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #2517
"Meat and Potatoes" - JB
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sbisa's Garage
Posts: 11,124
Thanked 3,499 Times in 1,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
That is not true. When Artest caught the ball, he hesitated because Gay had closed out on him very well. He did a shot fake to see if Gay would fall for it. Gay didn't fall for it, so Artest backed up in order to create space. Unfortunately, Artest isn't exactly the quickest guy in the world, which is why Gay managed to still get a piece of his shot.
i see your point, but ill still hold position that artest should have launched the shot right when he got control instead of pump faking, credit gay for getting to him quick and pressuring him

i agree with the points of the people above
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #2518
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
KuSouL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 925
Thanked 275 Times in 54 Posts
and LeBron takes his talents back to Cleveland today
haha funny how the boos were so loud at first and then it was just sad

but ~ dont care about LBJ ~ GO CELTICS ~ hoping for another epic celtics vs bulls game
KuSouL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #2519
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Euro7r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,884
Thanked 433 Times in 211 Posts
Heat game tonight was pretty good, lots of boooing, but that was expected. Asshole chants were shouted out, haha
Euro7r is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:04 AM   #2520
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 327
Thanked 136 Times in 55 Posts
Was pretty disgusted by Cleveland fans today. They tried to make fun of LeBron by chanting "Scottie Pippen" towards him. Make fun of LeBron all you want, but don't disrespect another legend who is completely irrelevant to the situation by doing so. Scottie had a great career and goes down in history as a fucking legend. If I was LeBron, I'd feel honoured to be in the same sentence as Scottie Pippen. Stupid Cavs fans.
1-Slicer-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 AM   #2521
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,171
Thanked 5,273 Times in 890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSouL View Post
and LeBron takes his talents back to Cleveland today
haha funny how the boos were so loud at first and then it was just sad

but ~ dont care about LBJ ~ GO CELTICS ~ hoping for another epic celtics vs bulls game
Celtics FTW.
Vale46Rossi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #2522
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
hotjoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 12,627
Thanked 633 Times in 343 Posts
I found it interesting that during foul shots that Lebron would go over to the Cleveland bench and talk to Danny Gibson. You could see the other players on the bench just looking at him thinking WTF are you doing here. I bet you Byron Scott was like wtf man, go back to the other side of the court
hotjoint is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #2523
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 327
Thanked 136 Times in 55 Posts
1-Slicer-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #2524
das not it mane
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: wonderland
Posts: 1,871
Thanked 1,833 Times in 502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
any raptors fans still around lol i feel like im the only one
Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
i pity you and the organization
:noob: lulz reppin raptors till i die

it was nice seeing mo pete on OKC last night
jonwon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #2525
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
what is bargani maximum potenial
shawn79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net