REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #2826
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Stephen Graham and Derrick Favours failed to score a single point in tonight's game.

That's a nice touch, Avery - getting zero points and basically no production out of two starters in a combined 44 minutes...Damn, Troy Murphy and Terrence Williams must REALLY suck...
Advertisement
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:10 AM   #2827
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
What is the main difference between clippers and lakers game? i know for lakers game its lights out...
griffin vs kobe?
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #2828
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
LOL clippers beat the lakers!!
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #2829
Banned (ABWS)

nuggets and spurs should be fun
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #2830
Banned (ABWS)

Anybody got updates on the Melo trade rumour?
^Spurs got this, they are stacked
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #2831

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle604 View Post
LOL clippers beat the lakers!!
Damn, they looked so good; Such a bright future for this squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Anybody got updates on the Melo trade rumour?
Quote:
Carmelo Anthony, who has been the subject of several incorrect reports that a trade to the Nets would be imminent, said when asked if he would guarantee that he will play for the Nuggets in their next home game on Wednesday, "Yeah, man. Yeah, I'll be here."
"I don't know where all this Nets stuff came from, man," Anthony said. "Once the Nets went out there and acquired those five picks, everybody just put everything together. From what I'm hearing, nothing is imminent right now. That's just what I'm hearing." Once again those following the drama will focus on his willingness to sign an extension wherever he plays, and until it is reported that he has said he will do so -- then all reports need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Quote:
Nets coach Avery Johnson refuted the notion that a trade for Carmelo Anthony will happen this week.
"You’ll see the same (Nets) team Friday night," said Johnson. "End of story." This echoes comments from George Karl and Carmelo Anthony himself, both of whom have indicated that no trade is imminent. Until a trade does go down, guys like Troy Murphy and Rip Hamilton seem doomed to repeated DNP-CDs.
Sauce: Rotoworld
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #2832
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
What is the main difference between clippers and lakers game? i know for lakers game its lights out...
griffin vs kobe?
Tickets are much cheaper
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #2833
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
blake griffin
eric gordon
baron davis
kaman
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #2834
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
blake griffin
eric gordon
baron davis
kaman
Aminu
Jordan
Bledsoe
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #2835

^Kaman?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #2836

More Melodrama:

Quote:
The Nuggets have granted the Nets permission to speak directly with Carmelo Anthony, a league source tells NBA.com's David Aldridge.
This should really get the ball rolling. If the Nets can get Anthony to agree on a three-year extension, the framework for a trade is in place. The fact that the Nuggets granted permission shows they are likely willing to accept the Nets' offer, which includes multiple first-round picks and Derrick Favors among others. Now it's up to Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and GM Billy King to sell Anthony on New Jersey. A meeting is expected to take place before the Nuggets' next game on Wednesday. Things are heating up quickly now.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #2837
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I rather he go New York than New Jersey
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #2838
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
I can't see Melo in a Nets jersey... I just can't

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #2839
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Tickets are much cheaper
Just checked CL, not really since fans should be cheering for LAL.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #2840
Banned (ABWS)

spurs having an unbelievable season, hope they break the bulls record
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #2841

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Just checked CL, not really since fans should be cheering for LAL.
On average of course, not just this game
Old 01-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #2842
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
spurs having an unbelievable season, hope they break the bulls record
Seeing as they have 41 games played and are 35-6, it could happen but it would be highly unlikely because the 95-96 Bulls had Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman, i don't think the Spurs big 3 are in the same league
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #2843
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I recently saw Dirk Nowitzki's short hair. It's less douche-baggery.

Is Chris Bosh out? Hopefully LBJ comes back soon. The Heat is on a 3 game losing streak. LOL
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #2844
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
the Knicks are winning right now, Melo needs to go to NYK so he can win right away, not fckin spend 2 years grinding for a playoff appearance. If he goes to NYK its a guaranteed deep into the playoff road with him and Amare

if he goes to Jersey he's gonna prove it's all about the money, if he cared about winning like he said he wouldnt even consider the Nets
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #2845

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
the Knicks are winning right now, Melo needs to go to NYK so he can win right away, not fckin spend 2 years grinding for a playoff appearance. If he goes to NYK its a guaranteed deep into the playoff road with him and Amare

if he goes to Jersey he's gonna prove it's all about the money, if he cared about winning like he said he wouldnt even consider the Nets
See if this was the beginning of the season I would agree with you, but the situation has gotten to a point where Melo essentially has very little sway in his own transaction because the Nuggets are determined to not let a Lebron/Bosh happen to them. While the Knicks are still trying to package something, they are either 1) Ignored because they have no valuable chips and 2) The latest Mayo to Nugs offer still isn't as sweet as the NJ one.

Now that Melo has met with the Nets, I think this makes it so much more interesting, because it'll put your "he wants to win" or "he wants to play in New York for the KNICKS" theory to test. Would he say "thanks Prokhorov for the under the table money/blow/russian blondes, but I still want to play for the Knicks" or "I WILL play for you, but you better move to Brooklyn asap"? Who knows.

The thing we all sorta know is, a lot of NBA players live paycheque to paycheque. While Melo isn't exactly Antoine Walker, one would wonder if he thought about his long term future and said "Gee I think I'll suck it up and play in BK and make much more money in my prime" vs the immense uncertainty of what sort of contracts he'll get in the post lockout NBA environment, which at any rate would mean he'll get less, just depends on how MUCH less, and whether he'll accept it. I mean, he's never been the type of marketing tool like Kobe/Bron, hes not even on Wade level.

Mini Side Note: I sorta like what the Knicks have right now chemistry wise. Amare always wanted to be the Alpha Dog, and he now is that and is delivering very nicely. Would Melo disturb that?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #2846
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I know Melo is from NY and wants to play there but I wonder why he won't consider the Bulls. If he wants to win right away the Bulls are in a big market and have the pieces in place for a championship run. Rose, Boozer, Melo and Noah you can put Korver/Brewer at the starting SG spot and they'll still win 60+ games. NY has Amare and Felton is having a nice season but I think Chicago has the better team right now. The Bulls have the cap space to sign him next season and they can also dangle Deng+Gibson and picks to Denver.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #2847
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
I just want Melo and Billups gone so we can all watch Ty Lawson go beast mode. (my fantasy team stash)
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #2848

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
I know Melo is from NY and wants to play there but I wonder why he won't consider the Bulls. If he wants to win right away the Bulls are in a big market and have the pieces in place for a championship run. Rose, Boozer, Melo and Noah you can put Korver/Brewer at the starting SG spot and they'll still win 60+ games. NY has Amare and Felton is having a nice season but I think Chicago has the better team right now. The Bulls have the cap space to sign him next season and they can also dangle Deng+Gibson and picks to Denver.
The Bulls don't want him, there were early rumors before the season started that he could go to the Bulls. Long story short, Bulls will obviously want to dump Deng + Other players (Ronnie Brewer) + Cash. Denver wants Noah. Noah is their defensive backbone + dirty work guy. He is essentially their Kevin Garnett (on D). They didn't want to give him up, and that was the end of the story.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #2849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
See if this was the beginning of the season I would agree with you, but the situation has gotten to a point where Melo essentially has very little sway in his own transaction because the Nuggets are determined to not let a Lebron/Bosh happen to them. While the Knicks are still trying to package something, they are either 1) Ignored because they have no valuable chips and 2) The latest Mayo to Nugs offer still isn't as sweet as the NJ one.
How can you say he has very little sway? He has total control of the situation. The ball is totally in his court.

Scenario:

He tells NJ, NY, Den, and whoever else it concerns that he will only sign an extension with New York. Done.

Then the Nuggets have two options:
1) Ship Melo to NY for what they think is next to nothing or what "isn't as sweet as the NJ" offer.

2) Keep Melo for the rest of the season only to watch him walk away leaving nothing behind for them and he signs with NY.

Last edited by n0ob; 01-17-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #2850

And look what we have here:

Quote:
Carmelo Anthony said after Sunday's game that he isn't aware of a meeting with the Nets and has no desire to meet with them, saying, "I don’t want to talk to nobody. I let the front office handle that type of stuff."
"The Nuggets pay me. I can't talk to those people," said Melo. When asked if this was his final game with the Nuggets, he replied, "No. I'm going to play Wednesday against Oklahoma City, then against the Lakers, then Indiana." The plot has certainly thickened, and it's possible that Melo is adamant enough about playing for New York that he won't sign an extension and instead ink a new deal as a free agent, CBA be damned. The rumored mega-deal has been 'heating up' recently, however, and anything is possible -- it's still almost certain that Denver will deal him before the deadline, one way or another. Jan. 17 - 12:41 am et