REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #3251
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
had an open fucking look too, pump faked and had 2-4 seconds look god dammit bosh, costed east the win
Advertisement
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #3252
Banned (ABWS)

dont blame bosh, blame lebron for passing up that shot
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #3253
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I think LBJ got pissed and heaty after Kobe slapped his ass in the 3rd.

It's pretty obvious that Kobe wants the title, or else he would have sat after the first time out at 6mins of the 1st quarter. However, if the East wins tonight with LBJ lighting it up even more, MVP would have been LBJ.

Anyway, it's in Staples Center and fans are in LA. Kobe is going to win regardless. I don't think there's enough fans in the East Coast who will be willing to vote at 12am in the morning, especially if they have to work tomorrow.

I hope Wade's ankle is alright, and happy to see that Pierce did jack shit tonight LOL

LA11 is pretty good!
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #3254
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
this has to be the top 3 dunk from last night
looks as nice as t-mac assisting vince carters drunk
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #3255
RS controls my life!

Dissapointed with the All-Star starters intro. I was expecting them to do some funny shit but only LBJ/Superman/Amare did something i guess they needed Shaq to get something started lol.

On side note Durant has my new favorite nick name..."Durantula"
red_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #3256
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Lol yeah I miss shaq and his awesome intros, I still rmb when he danced with the jabbawockeez!
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #3257
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

mann... the all star game isn't as fun to watch anymore. Kobe's always ball hogging

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #3258
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
you have to expect it with Kobe though, home city and on top of that he's still trying to show everyone he's got the biggest dick in the league, dude turning 34 soon and it's already starting to go downhill if you seen the lakers this season, i can appreciate the fact he's trying to go out with a bang.

and the other thing really annoying me is how the fck can all these experts continuously talk about Durant and Kobe being as good or better than Lebron, none of these guys are on my top 5 favorite players list, but fck, i mean Lebron night in and night out averages a damn near triple double if you really look at his stats, he rarely has bad games where he's ineffective. If he's not hitting his shots you can fcking bet he's assisting the shit out of the ball, rebounding, defense..
while on the other hand if Durant and Kobe ain't hittin their shots, they're having a bad fcking game not just individually, but the amount of shots they jack up really fcks up the offensive flow and drags the whole team down.

Durant can just score but he does it BIG, it's why everyone is on his dick, he does nothing else though really... Kobe can just hit all kinds of fcking shots in a way nobody else can, and all the props he gets for passing and creating for his teammates is bullshit, 90% of his assists are when he drives the lane try and score gets cut off and dishes out to an open teammate who hits the open jumper or layup.
i never see him bring the ball up looking around at all his teammates and possibilities and various ways to get the ball in the hoop like Lebron does.

Lebron is a complete player, he does everything extremely well on a level beyond what Kobe ever did and Durant will never see, in my opinion there really is no comparison.
also take into consideration lets say you put either Kobe or Durant on the current Cavaliers team, ya think they could take that sorry excuse for a team as far into the playoffs as Lebron did.
i really didn't have much appreciation for Lebrons game because he wasnt one of my favorite players, but once i saw what been happening to the Cavs this year i really looked into how good he really is.

and hey btw any of you guys see Bosh and Durant embrace and talk for quite a while after the all star game ? when the game ended all the players started walking around talkin to eachother, everyone was doing the high 5's shoulder taps, but those two guys like embraced and talked in each others ear for a good 10 or so seconds, lol, guess they squashed the beef...
they both wrong, bosh aint a tough guy and durant aint a shit talker so good to clear the air
Old 02-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #3259

What I wanna see next year is Reggie miller, etc joining the 3 point contest.. tht would be sweet to watch.

And yes, Blake Griffin is good but he did not deserve the title.. just my opinion tho
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #3260
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Derozan and Lebron are the peoples champs so fck it
didnt the fans vote for the winners? not really "people's champs" afterall
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #3261

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ no, the judges are responsible for the first round, and the final two dunkers they bring the fans in to text and vote. I didn't see any text to vote screen prompts in the first round at all while I was watching the competition, they popped up later on though.

as far as the MVP for the all star game, I dont know how that is voted like I said in my last post, TSN cut the feed soon as the game ended, I didn't see the post game ceremony. And even IF Kobe won by fans texting, it means jack shit to any true basketball aficionado, people texting for him are the same people texting Yao Ming as starter, Kobe is huge in China.
Lebron was on an MJ level last night, the only other guy to pull a triple double all star game history was MJ they said during the game, MJ had 14 points 11 assists and 10 rebounds back in 96 i think, Lebron did something like close to 30 points and just over 10 for both assists and rebounds

back to the dunk comp, nobody had a chance to text and vote for the first round of the Derozan and Ibaka dunks, and if they did well the outcome would have been different, Derozan would have put a lot of pressure on Blake, and McGee just gave up with his last dunk anyway so he's irrelevant.
I really didn't think Ibaka even belonged in the competition but that free throw line dunk was fuckin sick, but other than that I don't think he had anything else in store to compete with anyone there

Derozan was the only real challenger and unlike McGee he wouldn't have given up on his last dunk, and Demarr puts his dunk DOWN usually on the first, second or third time, dude doesn't have to try like 5+ times to land it

Last edited by G-spec; 02-21-2011 at 01:33 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #3262

Looks like Melo to the knicks is good as done..

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/21/c...s=iref:nbahpt1
Old 02-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #3263

GSpec- I know you love LeBron but I don't get why you hating on Kobe winning the all star mvp.. He had 37 points-14 rebounds and their team won.

I'm not starting a debate on who's better or whatever.. but your point of him winning is like yao gettiing votes in china is just crazy... he deserved it by playing good and actually throwing dunks down when everyone expected him not to do them.

I hope a poster of Kobe dunking the ball while LeBron tries to chase him down for a block becomes available somehow as I'll for sure scoop one up!!

Just for you... lol

Last edited by 411ken; 02-21-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #3264
Banned (ABWS)

best player on the team that won = finals mvp

why mad tho?
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #3265
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
damn, billups, melo, and amare. nice! things are gettin real interesting out east! can't wait for the playoffs
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #3266
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
MELO TO DEE KNICKSSS

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #3267
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

And this should kick-start the rest of the trades....should be interesting. Looks like Nuggets will try to deal Felton and Ty Lawson will take over point guard duties in Denver. Pick him up on your fantasy teams if he hasn't been already.
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #3268
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
gotta feel bad for felton. finally starts playing almost all-star level ball on a rising team only to be dealt.
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #3269
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle604 View Post
damn, billups, melo, and amare. nice! things are gettin real interesting out east! can't wait for the playoffs
The Knicks are severly undersized up front and I think they gave up too much for Melo. They could have just waited until the summer and signed him as a FA. There was nowhere else he would have gone as a FA anyways.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #3270
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
dam knicks gave up a lot for him, but melo + amare and billups.. wow
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #3271
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

this is going to be an interesting 2nd half of basketball

I actually want to see how this is going to work, Amare and Anthony pretty much needs the ball in their hands to be effective hmm. Cant wait to see how they can match up to the celtics

Last edited by wuuhoo; 02-21-2011 at 09:10 PM.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #3272
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
East is gonna be even more interesting from now on.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 PM   #3273
Banned (ABWS)

heat vs knicks?
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #3274
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Celtics still going to kill them, big baby and rondo just have too much energy. And I think they want it bad.

Knicks won't pass the Heat and Celtics. Magic? No problem. And don't forget the bulls but they only have derrick rose. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #3275
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
nba is gonna suck and needs a salary cap!

New York, Chicago, L.A., Boston or Miami is where all the players want to play now.

chris paul and dwight howard to knicks next?
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote