REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #426
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

How much were the tickets and what seats?
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #427
My homepage has been set to RS

it's just an exhibition game so i was only willing to pay max $44.50 (well came out to $56 after), section 120. row just below the 20's.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #428
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Damn noone has scooped up A.I. yet huh? This will be interesting to see where he'll end up
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #429

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Raptors have room for a Mid Level Exception? As much as I dislike the Raps, AI/Bosh/Hedo trio can work out. I know they have Calderon but I choose AI over him any day lol.

AI has been one of my favorite and still is so it sucks that his career has gone down to this at only age 33. I still say he should just go back to Philly!!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #430
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Raptors have room for a Mid Level Exception? As much as I dislike the Raps, AI/Bosh/Hedo trio can work out. I know they have Calderon but I choose AI over him any day lol.

AI has been one of my favorite and still is so it sucks that his career has gone down to this at only age 33. I still say he should just go back to Philly!!!!
Wasn't their mid-level exception used to sign Jarret Jack? Chances of A.I. coming in to T.O. is really low. With Calderon and Jack and Ukic, the Raps already have their PG's in line. It's kind of unfortunate how A.I.'s career is going down the drain, but I think he can have success if he begins to realize he just isn't that explosive scoring threat as he once was. Oh and he'll more than likely have to accept the role of 6th man.
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #431
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

his career has only been shot down in the past year with Detroit, he is a diva

you'll take AI over Calderon? then you're headed for the lottery again, which is not a bad idea next year
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
his career has only been shot down in the past year with Detroit, he is a diva

you'll take AI over Calderon? then you're headed for the lottery again, which is not a bad idea next year
You'll actually take Calderon over AI? even for 1 year? I'm out of words..

I forgot about J.Jack so who knows how much cap they have left..

But imagine AI in TO.. lol..wow..

AI/Jack/Hedo/Bosh/Bargnani/Belinelli/Calderon/Nesterovic/Wright/DeRozan/Bonsu... hahaha pretty darn solid team in the east...
Old 08-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #433
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
You'll actually take Calderon over AI? even for 1 year? I'm out of words..

I forgot about J.Jack so who knows how much cap they have left..

But imagine AI in TO.. lol..wow..

AI/Jack/Hedo/Bosh/Bargnani/Belinelli/Calderon/Nesterovic/Wright/DeRozan/Bonsu... hahaha pretty darn solid team in the east...
isnt calderon underated ?

anyways A.I is more of a shooting guard then a point. So inorder to make him a threat he has to take lots of shots for the raps. And the raps already signed hedo. So I dont see that working out .

My bet is he goes to charlotte.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #434
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Toronto lixs balls =( I don't see why hedo would go to toronto. Horrible move.

BlAh~

Last edited by LC21; 08-11-2009 at 07:32 PM.
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #435
BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
isnt calderon underated ?
Extremely. I think a lot of people are forgetting that he had the lowest assist-to-turnover ratio just two years ago. Last year was a forgettable season for everyone on the Raptors team, but with all these options I'm expecting the Calderon we saw back when the Raps made the playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
Toronto lixs balls =( I don't see why hedo would go to toronto. Horrible move.
Well Hedo's gonna have a much bigger role in T.O. (and hence, much larger expectations). And well, he's going to have to carry the team in the future cause frankly (as much as I HATE admitting this), Bosh probably won't be back after next season. Even if Mr. Colangelo is doing everything he can to build a great supporting cast for Bosh!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #436
Banned (ABWS)

"Practice? We're talking about practice here!"

AI - no thank you!

Brian Colangelo has done a pretty good job this off-season. If he thinks Bosh is going to walk, he will probably do a S&T to get comparable talent back
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #437

I've been saying to all my friends that A.I. back to philly would be great since they lost miller. Hedo to toronto is a great move for him cuz he wants a bigger role and yeah with Bosh probably not staying in toronto then Hedo can be their main guy or one of their main guys. Man I can't wait for the season to start. I wanna see how good the lakers will be with ron ron
Old 08-12-2009, 07:58 AM   #438

Toronto is a boring team to watch..I notice that they try to play it safe when they have the lead causing them to lose the game at the end.. Someone should tell them that this is not hockey and you can't play a defensive shutdown game....

I'll be happy to see AI in philly and finish the career there.. I mean, he's cheap now! how can you go wrong with that.

As for the lakers....they replaced Ariza with a better defender...better scorer and for the same salary... Fisher/Kobe/Artest/Gasol/Bynum + Odom and crew.... if it all works out, I will predict Lakers vs Celtics final... and get the revenge!!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #439
BT

Quote:
Toronto is a boring team to watch..I notice that they try to play it safe when they have the lead causing them to lose the game at the end.. Someone should tell them that this is not hockey and you can't play a defensive shutdown game....
Haha reminds you of the Canucks during this years postseason when they tried that defensive approach and ended up losing the game (and eventually the series)! I've been watching the Raptors for at least 6 years or so now, and I mean the excitement level will never be like that of the Phoenix Suns (but then again, no team is that fun to watch). A huge problem with the Raptors is that they've always failed to have that guy who could step it up in the final minutes to finish the game for them, cause boring as they may seem to be, a lot of the Raptors games are always closely contested.

Quote:
As for the lakers....they replaced Ariza with a better defender...better scorer and for the same salary... Fisher/Kobe/Artest/Gasol/Bynum + Odom and crew.... if it all works out, I will predict Lakers vs Celtics final... and get the revenge!!
Yeah, thats my early season prediction as well. I think the Lakers are almost a shoe-in to make it back to the Finals, seeing as how no one else in the West made any huge dramatic changes that can make them contend with the Lakers. And as for the Celtics, they added a real presence in 'Sheed, and as long as K.G. recovers from his knee injury, they'll be a force to be reckoned with in the East!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #440

Just watched the press conference for AI to memphis. I think him and mayo in the backcourt will be deadly. He'll help out the girzz for sure
Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Just watched the press conference for AI to memphis. I think him and mayo in the backcourt will be deadly. He'll help out the girzz for sure
Just heard about this too. I also think that a combo of AI/Mayo/Gay will be good.

I still hope he doesn't finish his career in Memphis as I want to see him win a ring...wish him all the best and stay healthy
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #442

Quote:
Just heard about this too. I also think that a combo of AI/Mayo/Gay will be good.

I still hope he doesn't finish his career in Memphis as I want to see him win a ring...wish him all the best and stay healthy
Yeah lets not forgot the grizz have zach randolph now too. I want ai to win a ring too but I don't know which "championship" team would need him.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #443

I predict they will make the playoffs but will be knocked out in the first/2nd round.. That's if they all stay healthy...I enjoy cheering for iverson but I hate the fact that it will be Heisley's team!!!!!!

AI/Mayo/Gay/Randolph/Gasol NOT too shabby of a team... I mean, why couldn't we have this lineup when they were here... instead we had a line of Bibby/Dickerson/Reef/Harrington/Reeves LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #444
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
A.I isn't gonna get a ring before he retires..

poor guy deserves one.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #445
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
grizz are still going nowhere cuz cheap bastard heisley is still owner
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #446
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I personally think getting AI is a bad move for the Grizz. Yes he might boost the ticket sales a bit more and he was signed for cheap all because it was Heisley running the show. So basically it points to him being a cheap ass and just wants to reap the rewards of ticket sales while paying minimal for a still-impact player simply because no other contender wanted AI's ego.
AI/Mayo/Gay and even Z-Bo are ALL shoot-first ballhogs it should be interesting to see the chemistry on the floor this season ... Gasol is definitely gonna get a huge rebound stat boost with so many clunkers from those guys! (NBA Fantasy owners look out)

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #447

I thought this was a good move by the Grizzlies.. Financially and On court performance. They were not going anywhere with Conley just yet as he's still young so why not bring in AI for cheap and he can score 20+ easily...and he's much more determined to prove something this year so if he stays healthy, I expect a big year from him...

If you guys don't think they can be a playoff team, I don't know what you guys want haha...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:40 AM   #448
Unauthourized Spammer

woah i didn't realize A.I. is now with Memphis. the team looks good on paper. we'll see how they do during the season. they should be better than they were last year at least haha
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #449
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Wouldnt be surpised if they try to trade him before the deadline this season.

C- Thabeet ( sp? )
PF - Gasol
SF - Gay
SG - Mayo / Iverson
PG - Mayo / Iverson

My guess for their starting lineup
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
Wouldnt be surpised if they try to trade him before the deadline this season.

C- Thabeet ( sp? )
PF - Gasol
SF - Gay
SG - Mayo / Iverson
PG - Mayo / Iverson

My guess for their starting lineup
Uhh, why would you put Thabeet over Randolph? I hope the grizzlies aren't stupid enough to put a 13million guy or something as 6th man...if so, they deserve to lose hahaha.