REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #4651
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
yeah I know!

haha

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2011/06/...ba-finals-bet/

Birdman loses 2 million on Heats LOL
Despite the staggering number, the hip-hop mogul insisted -- in an interview shortly after -- that the estimated number was "low for a n****" like him

ballin!
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #4652
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Not an excuse.

Celtics did it the first year.
Celtics was healthy. Do you watch bball at all or you just occasionally watch SportCenter?

Not to mention Paula Pierce needed to pull the Hollywood wheelchair stunt to win.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #4653
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
chemistry or not, lebron blow job LBJ is still overated like bosh the raptile.
bosh is a broken stapler

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #4654
Banned (ABWS)

if game 2 didn't turn into a chokejob, Miami wins in 6 at worst

if Mario and Eddie got Bibby's minutes, they win

if Lebron took less jumpshots and forced himself into the paint instead, they win

if that travel on Dirk was called for that game winning layup in game 4 i think it was, Miami wins

Miami can only get better, they will revamp a lot of their role players

Mark Cuban is a great owner, he dont give a fvck about the money, he will pay to get the pieces needed, and it's great he didn't bail out on Dirk, that's a true fan, i woulda hit the panic button and traded him for Kobe in 07

Jason Terry was fvcking boss, JJ Barrea's gf is ridiculously good looking, Dirk made all the big plays, Marion was surprisingly good, Chandler is the KG of Dallas, Jason Kidd played amazing defense and hit huge shots, Stevenson hit big shots

in contrast, Lebron played like a biatch, Bibby couldn`t buy a shot, Udonis couldnt guard Dirk without fouling and there was no help defense on Dirk`s drives, Joel Anthony is not long enough to guard Dirk either but his rebounding was great, Mike Miller sucked, Mario was the best role player, and dont forget Bosh, his shooting percentage was gross

in other news, Dwight Howard wont sign an extension, should be reshape the league by midseason, Orlando wont make the same mistake as Cleveland

Yao Ming is going to make a comeback, cross fingers

Sacramento should be a fun team to watch

New York is going to get another big piece, hopefully they fire D`antoni

Chicago will figure out their offense

Boston is done

Grizzlies OKC Portland should be fun
Cheeseburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #4655
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

and the threaddd is dead.

talk to you guys on draft day? haha
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #4656
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
RAPTORS DRAFT KEMBA WALKER PLEASE
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #4657
Banned (ABWS)

Kyrie Irving, #1 overall?
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #4658
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
WARNING: NSFW. PLEASE VIEW AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION

Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #4659
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,527 Times in 834 Posts
Forever tarnished.

Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #4660
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boZOU_7kGrs
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:21 AM   #4661
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

A few good NBA/NBA Draft Articles via www.grantland.com

The NBA Draft Lottery Player Guide

Grantland's NBA Draft Lottery Preview

Painting The NBA Trade Picture by Bill Simmons
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #4662
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
^Bill Simmons wrote mostly good articles (very entertaining to read) but he's a Celtics so it's sometimes biased.

They're most likely having a lockout so this thread is gonna be dead for a long time. The owners' offer is just ridiculous right now.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #4663
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
^Bill Simmons wrote mostly good articles (very entertaining to read) but he's a Celtics so it's sometimes biased.

They're most likely having a lockout so this thread is gonna be dead for a long time. The owners' offer is just ridiculous right now.
Simmons is the biggest Boston fan in the world. I listen to the BS Report all the time and it's funny how bias he is sometimes. Other than that, he's a great columnist.

Draft Day Remarks:

- Top 2 picks were predictable, and thank the Lord, Minnesota didn't draft another PG.
- Irving is going to be a star really soon. Even though he played very little at Duke, he's just too good to be a flop.
- Enes Kanter @ 3 is really risky. He has potential but very little experience. I really thought Utah was going for a PG (Knight).
- Congrats to Thompson, the highest Canadian ever drafted. Sucks that he's going to Cleveland though.
- Valanciunas needs to bulk up and fill his 6-11 frame better to be a good C in the NBA
- Conflicted about Jimmer: we know he can score but can he be effective elsewhere in the NBA. He has a hot GF though.
- @ 13 and 14, the Morris brothers gets drafted. Makes sense for Phoenix to pick up someone with size and athletic abilities but I don't get why Houston picked up Marcus. They need a guard there.
-
Old 06-23-2011, 11:09 PM   #4664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post

I generally don't mind his bias too much as he does rip his guys when they deserve it, whether it be the Sox or the Celts. The Bruins article he wrote after the win though........that was his first column I truly COULD NOT read one word of.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:14 PM   #4665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Simmons is the biggest Boston fan in the world. I listen to the BS Report all the time and it's funny how bias he is sometimes. Other than that, he's a great columnist.

Draft Day Remarks:

- Top 2 picks were predictable, and thank the Lord, Minnesota didn't draft another PG.
- Irving is going to be a star really soon. Even though he played very little at Duke, he's just too good to be a flop.
- Enes Kanter @ 3 is really risky. He has potential but very little experience. I really thought Utah was going for a PG (Knight).
- Congrats to Thompson, the highest Canadian ever drafted. Sucks that he's going to Cleveland though.
- Valanciunas needs to bulk up and fill his 6-11 frame better to be a good C in the NBA
- Conflicted about Jimmer: we know he can score but can he be effective elsewhere in the NBA. He has a hot GF though.
- @ 13 and 14, the Morris brothers gets drafted. Makes sense for Phoenix to pick up someone with size and athletic abilities but I don't get why Houston picked up Marcus. They need a guard there.
-
- I don't think Irving is a guaranteed star, some scouts say he has a lot of Chris Paul in him, some say there is very little. The fact remains he started 11 games total for Duke and that's all the info we have on him

- Minny should have picked up Enes, they needed a big. He should be ok in Utah as I feel they're gonna get rid of Okur or something

- Valanciunas isn't coming until next year, plenty of time to bulk up (I thought he was a big guy already? No idea)

- Jimmer will be absolutely torched on defense, and he'll never get the ball from Tyreke, hell no one is gonna get the ball from Tyreke.

- I know nothing abt the Morris bros LOL

Additions:

- gonna be interesting seeing fast breaks featuring Wall, McGee, and Vesely

- Intrigued to see how Kemba will play out in Bobcats, they already have a small PG.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #4666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
I generally don't mind his bias too much as he does rip his guys when they deserve it, whether it be the Sox or the Celts. The Bruins article he wrote after the win though........that was his first column I truly COULD NOT read one word of.
I read the same article and I found it funny after a few lines in. Simmon's is one person I would like to sit down and have a beer with though. He's intelligent and knows his basketball.

My fave. ESPN columnists: Simmons, and uncle Tony Kornheiser.

Draft notes:
- Minny had to pick up Williams. He's a much safer bet than Enes Kanter. Don't want another Darko.
- Valanciunas is 6-11 but way to skinny to be a center. He makes Bargnani look like SHAQ.
- Jimmer will get embarrassed by most PGs. But he will score.
- I've been watching the Morris bros. for years now. I was a Kansas fan, how a hater. =D
- Not a big fan on Kemba. I don't know why, I don't see him fitting in at the NBA level.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #4667
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

In other news, hypocrite Ron artest is set to change his name to metta world peace. I know he wants attention and wants to be view as a nice guy, but it's all too obvious he is all show with no real deep personality that's makes me want to take him seriously. There is a loose screw upstairs for that guy
Posted via RS Mobile
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #4668

Quote:
- Valanciunas is 6-11 but way to skinny to be a center. He makes Bargnani look like SHAQ.

- Not a big fan on Kemba. I don't know why, I don't see him fitting in at the NBA level.
I hear V has a really good "motor", so I guess he's the anti Barg.

For me though, Kemba carried his team (a little like Jimmer at BYU) all by himself, he can score and he played in many big games, plus he's spend 3 years at a good basketball program. I think he has the tools, just wondering if playing in Charlotte will bore him to death. They do have an Asian GM though so I'll be half assedly rooting for them (sorta) lol.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #4669
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Ron Artest: I'm Changing My Name ... RADICALLY
6/23/2011 2:51 PM PDT$by TMZ Staff$$

Say goodbye to Ron Artest and HELLOOOO to Metta World Peace ... Mr. Metta World Peace to you.

Yes, Ron is going the way of Cassius Clay, Lew Alcindor and Chad Johnson.$ Ron's filed a petition in L.A. County Superior Court to change his name to -- World Peace.

FYI, metta means loving, kindness, happiness and all that jazz.

We're told Ron wants to put the new last name -- Peace -- on the back of his L.A. Lakers' jersey.

These name changes are typically granted by a judge unless it would result in confusion or fraud.$

Hey, give Peace a chance.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/23/ron-ar...es-lakers-l-a/
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #4670
My homepage has been set to RS

anyone potentially gonna start cheering for the cavs
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #4671

Barbosa picked up his Player-Option worth $7.6 mill at Toronto... WWHHHHHYYYYYY?
Old 06-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #4672
Banned (ABWS)

Mavs pick up Rudy Fernandez in a trade
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #4673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyzy View Post
Mavs pick up Rudy Fernandez in a trade
I was listening to the BS Report and they were comparing the situation of Rudy in Portland and Dallas next season. Since Roy's injury, no one puts a double team on him and thus gives Rudy no room to break out. Plus Portland has no one else who is a possible offensive threat. But with Dirk in Dallas getting double teamed 90% of the time, Rudy has much more space and time to score.

Good trade for Dallas. Possible replacement to Peja? (I think he's going to retire sooner that later)
Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #4674
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

isnt there SG position loaded?

they have roy and matthews already. I dont think Rudy could have gotten anytime playing time, despite roys injuries.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #4675

Quote:
I was listening to the BS Report and they were comparing the situation of Rudy in Portland and Dallas next season. Since Roy's injury, no one puts a double team on him and thus gives Rudy no room to break out. Plus Portland has no one else who is a possible offensive threat. But with Dirk in Dallas getting double teamed 90% of the time, Rudy has much more space and time to score.

Good trade for Dallas. Possible replacement to Peja? (I think he's going to retire sooner that later)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
isnt there SG position loaded?

they have roy and matthews already. I dont think Rudy could have gotten anytime playing time, despite roys injuries.
Wasn't Rudy unhappy at the beginning (or during off season) of last season? He was talking about the exact same thing - not having enough playing time. The whole Portland situation is messed up. They got rid of a great GM in Pritchard and then fired Cho after just one year at the job. I wonder wtf Paul Allen is thinking.