REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #4876
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
I'm talking in the sense that Cuban was the one who publicly supported Dan Gilbert's bitch move.

First of all, I think the trade is a good trade for LA. Kobe is getting too old to handle the ball all the time. They need another person who take the responsibility to make play. Pau and Odom are aging stars. Sure CP's knees is questionable but so is Kobe's. The Lakers become a 7th seed team if Kobe is out. I'm confident that the Lakers will not win another title with the team as is. They're just not good enough. The league has slowly figured out how to beat the twin towers. They need another lead dog who can slowly replace Kobe and CP is it. Besides, I just love to see CP3 and KB24 play with each other. Pau and Odom's mental breakdown is getting old.

About Cuban and Gilbert. They are both hypocrits they give a fuck about small market teams. They imply that the CP trade will make NO worse off. It doesn't. You should realize NO have 6 players under contract as of now. That's not enough to put the team on court. They're also nearing new ownership. Do you buy a team that can go to the playoffs or do you buy a lottery team with its biggest star leaving the ship in a few months? The trade package have a bunch of contracts that is expiring in a year or two. That gives them a lot of trade option.

Cuban and Gilbert vocally veto'ed the trade because 1. fearing the Lakers having the Dwight/Kobe/Chris fantasy, 2. Want more money for their own teams as the luxury tax get divided between non-paying team. They both need to learn to shut the fuck up because their whining has gotten old, really old.

The fact that David Stern fell for it baffled me. No, I'm not even worried about the Mavs. Dirk's godlike performance was the only reason they've won the last championships. You can say it's a team effort but frankly, Dirk have saved their butts too many times and decimated the opponentd while he was at it. I don't think Dirk can pull a Dirk again this year.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #4877
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Oh k i get what you're tryin to say now, well its most likely gonna happen anyway, just got off espn and they resubmitted the trade with some minor tweaks apparently, most likely it will go through this time around.
Monday is the deadline the players union said (threatened) if the trade dont go through by Monday, they are planning on suing the NBA on behalf of Chris Paul

I feel bad for the hornets as this would make them a playoff team automatically
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #4878
My homepage has been set to RS

i'm confused lol because they blocked the trade of 'basketball reasons', the hornets were better off with cp3 in uniform than by the outcome of the trade. which is obviously bs because the hornets got the best outcome of the trade imo. now the resubmission of the trade has the hornets getting less than originally. Paul goes to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and Houston still sends Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, and a 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets.

where's odom? i'm a lakers fan so this is good if we don't trade him for cp3, we can use him to trade for d12, who i heard now prefers the nj nets...boo...and where's emeka okafor in all this? i thought the hornets wanted to unload his contract onto the lakers....
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #4879
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Eddy Curry signed with the heat =D
Posted via RS Mobile
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #4880

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
i'm confused lol because they blocked the trade of 'basketball reasons', the hornets were better off with cp3 in uniform than by the outcome of the trade. which is obviously bs because the hornets got the best outcome of the trade imo. now the resubmission of the trade has the hornets getting less than originally. Paul goes to the Lakers, Pau Gasol to the Rockets, and Houston still sends Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, and a 2012 first-round pick to the Hornets.

where's odom? i'm a lakers fan so this is good if we don't trade him for cp3, we can use him to trade for d12, who i heard now prefers the nj nets...boo...and where's emeka okafor in all this? i thought the hornets wanted to unload his contract onto the lakers....
source? As far as I know, odom still going to NO, NO just getting more from Houston, maybe one scrub?

D12 to LA is highly unlikely unless Mitch works his magic.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #4881
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I'd rather have Gasol over Bynum, Gasol isn't as good defensively but he's more durable and more mature. Bynum body checking Barea in game 4 last season was a bitch move. If the Lakers can package Bynum and whoever get a third team for Dwight then it makes sense to give up Gasol for Paul, but Dwight looks like he's heading to Jersey.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #4882

Just checked ESPN and CP deal is off. Look like Mitch is turning full focus on Dwight, sent Odom to Dallas for Tyson Chandler's trade exception. Fuck, this is exciting. I hope they land D12 otherwise, this season is as good as gone for LA.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #4883
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Just checked ESPN and CP deal is off. Look like Mitch is turning full focus on Dwight, sent Odom to Dallas for Tyson Chandler's trade exception. Fuck, this is exciting. I hope they land D12 otherwise, this season is as good as gone for LA.
Lakers are not that dumb to trade Odom to the team that just swept them without them knowing they have a good chance of getting Howard.

Bynum + trade exemption from Dallas (about 8-10 million) + draft picks from Dallas for Howard and Hedo. Lakers then pick up Billups who just got let go by the Knicks. Or the Baron, he was pretty serviceable throwing
passes to Griffin before he got traded to the Cavs. Baron is happy in L.A. if the team is good.

PG - Billups or Davis
SG - Kobe
SF- Peace
PF - Gasol
C - D12
Bench - Barnes, Blake, Hedo, Fisher, Character

Lakers > Heat
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #4884

Arenas and D12 will go lakers.. Gasol will be on the way out

And David Stern... fucked up the N.O and made the league a joke for turning down the deal for paul.. so stupid... I still remember when Dan Gilbert won the 1st overall and 4th overall during the "draft lottery" when their chances were slim..

Last edited by 411ken; 12-10-2011 at 09:12 PM.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #4885
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
CP3
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #4886

I like the straight trade of Gasol and Bynum for Hedo and Dwight. With D12 in the paint, we can use Hedo as a pick and pop forward. We can flip the trade exception for a guard or something.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #4887

I would have loved to get CP3 with the team.. BUT for some reason, I'm sure you guys will agree, that losing Gasol + Odom will make the team weaker... when they can just trade Gasol for Howard (for example) then just pick up a FA point guard.. Arenas/Davis/Billups could still score and sign for cheaper to win the championship.

Arenas/Kobe/Peace/D12/Bynum.. Or Arenas/Kobe/Peace/Gasol/D12... whichever one works just fine for me.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #4888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
I like the straight trade of Gasol and Bynum for Hedo and Dwight. With D12 in the paint, we can use Hedo as a pick and pop forward. We can flip the trade exception for a guard or something.
Is that the rumor going around? If so, HELL no for me... I'd rather have Gasol/Bynum > Hedo/D12... might as well just trade up for another SF or just someone as a true 6th man off the bench
Old 12-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #4889
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^yeah I rather see bynum go if we can land howard.

anyways what is this trade extemption you guys are talking about?
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #4890

From wiki
Quote:
Traded Player Exception: If a team trades away a player with a higher salary than the player they acquire in return (we'll call this initial deal "Trade #1"), they receive what is called a Traded Player Exception, also known colloquially as a "Trade Exception". Teams with a trade exception have up to a year in which they can acquire more salary in other trades (Trade #2, #3, etc.) than they send away, as long as the gulf in salaries for Trade #2, #3, etc. are less than or equal to the difference in salary for Trade #1. This exception is particularly useful when teams trade draft picks straight-up for a player; since draft picks have no salary value, often the only way to get salaries to match is to use a trade exception, which allows trades to be made despite unbalanced salaries. It is also useful to compensate teams for losing free agents as they can do a sign and trade of that free agent to acquire a trade exception that can be used later. Note this exception is for single player trades only, though additional cash and draft picks can be part of the trade.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #4891

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Is that the rumor going around? If so, HELL no for me... I'd rather have Gasol/Bynum > Hedo/D12... might as well just trade up for another SF or just someone as a true 6th man off the bench
Lol nah, just come to my mind because the salary would balance. But that wouldnt really make sense to send Odom to Dallas.

Another scenario is Gasol and Bynum for Howard, Turgkolu, Jameer Nelson (Odom 8 mil exception from Dallas) and Chris Duhon (Vujacic 5 mil exception from last year).

Trade exceptions cannot be combined.

Mitch has something up his sleeves and we'll find out soon enough.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #4892
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
Lakers are not that dumb to trade Odom to the team that just swept them without them knowing they have a good chance of getting Howard.

Bynum + trade exemption from Dallas (about 8-10 million) + draft picks from Dallas for Howard and Hedo. Lakers then pick up Billups who just got let go by the Knicks. Or the Baron, he was pretty serviceable throwing
passes to Griffin before he got traded to the Cavs. Baron is happy in L.A. if the team is good.

PG - Billups or Davis
SG - Kobe
SF- Peace
PF - Gasol
C - D12
Bench - Barnes, Blake, Hedo, Fisher, Character

Lakers > Heat
I wouldn't bother with Billups, he's in his mid 30's and has shown in the World Champs and last season that he thinks he's still Mr. Big Shots and takes some horrible shots (mostly long range) in crunch time. Davis does get motivated and is still an elite guard when he is in a good situation, like last year with Griffin, then he quickly stopped giving a fuck in Cleveland.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #4893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
then he quickly stopped giving a fuck in Cleveland.

I think that's their team motto, we just don't give a fck... when you play for a douche owner like Gilbert, very hard to give a fck... although Gilbert is an upgrade from the Clippers owner Sterling who could be seen on a nightly basis from his front row seats berating Davis and calling him fat outloud so everyone can hear, haha

owners are goin rage mode, we all knew the lockout was forcefully put in place, that both sides didnt then and still dont see eye to eye, it was just put in place for that xmas cash grab.... I don't know of any professional sports league in north america that plays on xmas day, let alone 5 fcking games!

I honestly was looking forward to a lost season, it would given me time to catch up and refresh on all the old school NBA the guys that really fckin played balls out, I had planned on watching a bunch of old games from all throughout the 90's, all the super teams from back then I grew up watching as a kid... that was gonna be my 2012 NBA season
Old 12-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #4894

awwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 12-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #4895
Banned (ABWS)

Edit: nvm, just saw the post explaining trade exception

wait: but trade exceptions can only be created if at least one of the teams is not over the salary cap, correct?
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #4896

Nice jersey LOL
Old 12-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #4897

In other news... the Raptors signs Aaron Gray!!!! lol They playing for the lottery for sure..

Something tells me though that NO or Orlando gets pick 1 and 2.. LOL they gonna get the LeBron/Cleveland treatment

Last edited by 411ken; 12-11-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #4898
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
NO gets pick 1 and franchise value instantly increases.

ODOM to mavs for 1st round pick + another?

rumors SUPERMAN for gasol and bynum

Last edited by shawn79; 12-11-2011 at 02:24 PM.
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #4899
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
Hope Jeremy lin actually gets some time in rockets !
Posted via RS Mobile
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #4900
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Gonna be interesting for when DAL and LAL play this season

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao